CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 68
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1139
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey dude how much that run you?...
    hailhopes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

Hey dude how much that run you?

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

how much "What" run me, gotta be specific here

ok, not much of an update, but an update non the less, plus i got pics

I went to get the number off my old 68 and looking at it, the window was down about 2" and it has been raining alot, i looked it over and was still interested untill i looked at the for sale sign that said "$2500 firm" not after the way its been treated since i got rid of it. too much work to want to mess with it for that price. on to the next one

so i found another car at my work, its a 2005 lincoln LS v6, 154k miles, needs 2 ignition coils and a compressor, girl bought another vehicle instead, my co-worker has first shot at it and said monday hell let me know if he can get it or not. the girl said she would be happy if she could get $1,000 for it, im going to offer $600-700, hopefully i get it and can put my car up to get the airbags done and a few other things.

it needs a compound and buff outside and major cleaning on the inside

cant find these anywhere, looking for the fender flags and mounts

been having low voltage b/c the alternator cant keep up with the amps running at .5ohms so i got me a optima deep cycle charger and since i have a sound show this saturday i think it is, want them at max potential. barely getting 13volts driving and when the music is up low 12s at idle high 12s driving

this thing is sweet, but gotta unhook and do each battery individually

75%, no good

and still no subs or box specs

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

well, no go on the lincoln, gave the coworker first shot and he got it, i think he may be stupid too, the girl said she wanted $1,000 and his offer to her was $1,100...whatever, just have to be patient and wait for another vehicle, i wasnt going to offer her $1,000...other than that im remoldeling my room so money going here and there.

decided to go look under the hood as i had a way to run dual alternators, a lot of work moving a few items and not even sure if i would have the clearance i needed...bam it hit me, an easier way to do it and not much modification involved except rerouting the overflow hose. so that will be coming soon, also need to order some extra 0 gauge wire to as i may run 4 runs of 0 instead o 2 runs to the rear batteries. also wont need the idler pulley i bought or a longer serpentine belt

have a sound show saturday or sunday, then a car show monday and then i may get some wood and prepare a few things for the new box

after all that, work needs to pick up cuz im ready to get back to customizing

still remoldeling slowly when i have time. but finally

Recommended Box Specs Ported – 5.0 to 7.0 cubic foot per sub

thats the reason i dont listen to everybody, even ppl big into audio. everyone said my box was too big for the zv4 subs. I was expecting to be building a smaller box...seems my current box is at the minimum around 5.8 cubes per sub so im going to rebuild my current one to the same specs but it will be braced up for strength, corners 45'ed, port edges rounded over and repainted...should squeeze some more dbs out

as for the subs, been pushed back and back and back but this is from the owner, he said they will ship on the 6th and he said should have them a week after that date

and this is a video from yesterday, i didnt even enter the sound comp cuz i know what i run and the way they set it up, the classes were stacked wrong so it was no reason to waste money...my friend actually unhooked 2 of his amps so he could get put in a different class

video of my friend thomas bringing the pain demo. 160db, 4 american bass vfl subs, 4 incriminator audio 40.1 putting out 5000watts each.

o yea, hes an old man who does construction and this is his work truck

Fleetwood v2 coming soon

of course, owner says one thing about subs shipping, now says something else...he told me they ship out on the 6th and should have them about a week after...now he says they are getting them on the 6th and have to test them first so it will be a few more days longer then they will ship...bullshit

not too worried though b/c sept. 12-15 when id expect them to arrive, ill be in Las Vegas so not sweating it

ok, been neglecting but work is coming soon, weather is cooling off now, only bad thing is im trying to pull in any and all sideowrk as the last month of work has been non-existant plus spending money remodeling my house.

plan to be in gulfport/biloxi this saturday for cruising the coast. after that its on.

updates:

took this long but finally got picked off, didnt see this cop, o well $185 down the drain

then this happened, yall didnt want me to move it but i think its going to happen anyway

and finally 10-8-2013, they have arrived

hand in comparrison to how big the motor is, cant cover the whole side

possibly today or sometime this week ill go get some tools and wood and get building. then it will be same process of painting the box, stripping the car and putting it back together. only this time i have to add some more 0 Gauge wire and get the 2 alternators done and installed...yes i tore my current one up. it barely charges 12 volts.

also noticed my waterpump leaking so yea. more work
    talismandave likes this.

96LT1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    If/when you find these could you send me the link? My dad has been looking for a pair for his 65 lincoln with no luck

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

WOW those motors are HUGE. What do those suckers put out?

the rms on the subs is 1,750...i however am going to be giving them roughly 3,500rms give or take a lil depending on voltage.

they weigh 70 damn pounds, not even sure how to get them wired and in the box without hurting myself. but thats in the future.

just spent $140 at harbor freight on some cheap tools but will help speed the job up when i get to building

box will look the same and be the same size but this time im changing the tuning from 33 to 32hertz...now that wont help me in the numbers area but it will get much lower with demos. also going to brace this one up real good. round the port edges over and should be good to go.

as for the fender flags, theres a link up top. there are no prices so i googled what they call them and well, they quite expensive around $300 for the removable flags

http://www.henryschwab.com/showitem.php?itemid=1068

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

the rms on the subs is 1,750...i however am going to be giving them roughly 3,500rms give or take a lil depending on voltage.

they weigh 70 damn pounds, not even sure how to get them wired and in the box without hurting myself. but thats in the future.

just spent $140 at harbor freight on some cheap tools but will help speed the job up when i get to building

box will look the same and be the same size but this time im changing the tuning from 33 to 32hertz...now that wont help me in the numbers area but it will get much lower with demos. also going to brace this one up real good. round the port edges over and should be good to go.

as for the fender flags, theres a link up top. there are no prices so i googled what they call them and well, they quite expensive around $300 for the removable flags

http://www.henryschwab.com/showitem.php?itemid=1068
    $300! :faint:

yea, thats why i havent purchased any yet. im sure i can make something very close and just purchase some replacement flags for a lot less

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

yea, thats why i havent purchased any yet. im sure i can make something very close and just purchase some replacement flags for a lot less
    I saw some at a limo site for $79 a side but......

the only ones i could find were stainless steel and removable, they did have some cheaper suction cup ones

----------

heres a pick of a can next to the speaker for size reference

and to show im bouncing back into it slowly, i dragged this out of storage the other day, chopped the factory drink holder up and got a lil work done on the front part of the console...

still plan to ad some stuff to it so be patient

as of today, have to ad some more stuff and figure out how im going to mount it and how i will cover all the contours with vinyl plus get it around the molded in cup holders

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.