CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 67
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 76 FirstFirst ... 17 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1127
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA yea, i tried everything, sanding, scraping, peeling, it does not want to come off...never did get ...
    turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    yea, i tried everything, sanding, scraping, peeling, it does not want to come off...never did get anywhere with that one except making one look worse
    Ugh. That sucks. I was hoping you had some secret removal technique. All I've done is make it look crappy. I'm thinking about masking off what's left and painting it black. At least then it will all be the same color. It's really just the stuff along the base of the windows. Everything else comes off easy (or easier, anyway).

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

yea i never got back to mine, i was going to strip them and repaint them the factory gray...someone on layitlow.com mentioned something about soaking them in some type of chemical said it strips them without hurting the rubber, metal or plastic but i cant remember what it was or where the post was...I also cant find any decent ones for sale...i did find some a while back on a car in the pull a part but the windows were up, no battery, no hammer or spark plug ivory and i didnt have the tool to remove them...long gone now.

got a show my friend is setting up for labor day and i would like to maybe get mine stripped and pretty before then...you may have motivated me...hell if i have time to get one off tomorrow i may see if we have some aircraft stripper..ill try anything

On my car it's the most glaring defect, in my opinion. The peeling black stuff interrupts the lines the whole way down the car. If I could get that painted black again, I think it would look a lot better.

they are gray originally and then dry up and turn black and yes they are an eye soar...also the trim around the windows peals and dries up...cant find any of that

onto the bad news...havent been on time to work in 5 years, they beeen having owner battles and the dealership is closing but the collision center is seperate and suppose to stay open...

i get to work, 1st person there and my boss says "go home, you no longer work here" didnt even ask why, i go home, get back in bed and the phone rings "ok, you can come back to work now"

damn one owner being a dick trying to get his son a job there and we cant afford his salary and he is useless, so the other owner who is backing us, told us if he comes here, run him the "F" off, if not the shop closes and your unemployed...so, had some ups and downs today already...thats why he closed us down and sent me home, b/c the kid showed up...they called his bluff and lost...

Sucks about work. Hope you sort that out.

So I was looking for my electric heat gun to see if I could melt the stuff off. I couldn't find it, but did find my MAPP torch. Don't use that, trust me.

After the torch experiment, I discovered my 3M eraser wheel. That works much better. It's tough to get into tight spots, but it takes the stuff off and leaves a paintable surface. It's a little tedious and messy, but slipping up with the wheel has better results than torching it in the wrong spot.

Ironically, the limo trim held up much better. The trim along the 60" extension is still decent. It's the factory trim that's gone. Since the limo trim is still in tact, I'll just paint over it when I do the rest.

we got it all squared away, just keep one owners son away and we are good, not a problem at all

and i have a heat gun and eraser wheel at work...just gotta find time, ill try both

found a lil free time, since its on the car i didnt want to burn anything with the heat gun so i used the eraser wheel.

ill pull the rest off soon and do the last 3 but it came out good...there was a lil residue which i went over with lacquer thinner and it came right off.

this is what mine look like

the rear door finally cleaned up, still have to get down in the gap
    talismandave likes this.

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

found a lil free time, since its on the car i didnt want to burn anything with the heat gun so i used the eraser wheel.

ill pull the rest off soon and do the last 3 but it came out good...there was a lil residue which i went over with lacquer thinner and it came right off.

this is what mine look like

the rear door finally cleaned up, still have to get down in the gap
    It actually looks better as polished metal. Put some chrome polish on it and call it good.

way back when i tried getting it off i sanded it so the top portion is scratched up, im going to prolly just go back with the factory gray color unless i match the body color, not sure right now

----------

o and for anyone who hasnt seen it yet

the Manning Brothers Direct TV commercial "Football on your phone"

thats my friends blue fleetwood jacked up making another video cameo

video here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn5zytfm9No
    talismandave likes this.

way back when i tried getting it off i sanded it so the top portion is scratched up, im going to prolly just go back with the factory gray color unless i match the body color, not sure right now
    Sweet! I'll give the laquer thinner a shot too.

got out there thursday and finished cleaning the window sweeps as much as i could get with the mirrors on the front doors...looks 100 times better, now have to find time to pull them off which the tool is at work. but so i can get the back sides and in the gap between the moldings. then i can prep them for paint

about to go look at an old eldorado, if the price comes down and its in good shape i may scoop it up

and i have a new demo video coming

bad news, i think i finally have a clacking spoke on one of my rims, heard it yesterday when i had the radio off, gotta find which spoke and mark it, dismount the tire and weld it up, the rebalance install ect...gotta find it first though

waiting for the video to upload, no go on the eldorado, it was too far gone, well not gone but my pockets arent deep enough to get the car back right, i could buy one already done for less money...too much rust

----------

ok, finally the video uploaded...the first song wasnt beaqting hard enough but they requested it...the guy didnt say anything till i turned the camera off after the first song...

so i decided to hurt him with "Miley Cyrus" have a chopped and screwed version of "Party in the USA", heavy bass line.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    What year Eldorado?

74 convertible, the lower fenders and quarters were rotted out along with most of the rocker panels...1 giant dent and keyed up from vandalism, top needed to be replaced along with all weatherstrip and it needed a good cleaning and tune up...he was asking $6k obo but seriously the condition i wouldnt feel comfortable giving him $2,500.

however I never got back to my old 68 i sold, i had to go that way to see the eldorado and the 68 was still there...the temptation, its cheaper and it was mine. have a crazy idea for it too. maybe ill go get the number later and give him a call see how everything is and possibly scoop it up when the bank opens.
    talismandave likes this.

really, really thinking of getting my old 68 back now, found a few replacement parts on ebay like the light bezel and such, they had a few bumpers last time but none at the moment. if the engine/trans is still good and everything checks out i think im taking it back home

anyone know of place that makes replacement/filler panels...some rust in the normal spots and its a pain making your own patch panels

lower 1/4's, lower fenders, the whole rear glass channel and around the lower vinyl top area...a lil on front the hood but ill fix that

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.