CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 65
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 75 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hmm I've never had spinrite tell me to contact them. It either works or doesn't. Hmmm...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Hmm I've never had spinrite tell me to contact them. It either works or doesn't. Hmmm
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    well, ran the spinrite, 2 spots it gave issues and said contact them, im pretty much throwing the towel in, back to downloading and get most of the stuff back I lost.

updates, I contacted Sundown Audio and still no box specs so maybe this weekend if its not raining, ill go buy the wood for the box and some resin to remake the trunk pod
    Not to be insensitive to your plight but it is ironic that the title of this thread actually happened to you.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

^^^Good catch!! I missed it until you said something.

-----I hope you're able to recover your data Pimpin, I certainly know that helpless feeling.

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

only difference is i havent had 56k since 1997...and i dont think im getting back, I can find a good portion of the movies and music i lost but some of it is next to impossible...little by little ill get stuff back

RippyPartsDept, these are the two messages I got...o well, thanks though for the help

and for anyone in Mississippi or around that is going to Scraping the Coast car/truck show in Biloxi, ill be there for a few hours Saturday June 22, its my birthday so come get a demo before I redue it with better stuff to get louder

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    only difference is i havent had 56k since 1997...and i dont think im getting back, I can find a good portion of the movies and music i lost but some of it is next to impossible...little by little ill get stuff back

RippyPartsDept, these are the two messages I got...o well, thanks though for the help

and for anyone in Mississippi or around that is going to Scraping the Coast car/truck show in Biloxi, ill be there for a few hours Saturday June 22, its my birthday so come get a demo before I redue it with better stuff to get louder
    Ok, I am glad you are taking it in stride.

I hope you can get the files you need to make the information whole again.

If I was in the area I would definitely stop by and see what you have done. I might bring some ear protection though.

ah ... ok i have seen that screen once before ... that's an internal error to the program not with your drive

and that is why they want you to report it to them
    (Basically you've found a bug)

either that or your iso image was corrupted

did you run at level 2 or level 4?
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

ran at both 2 and 4...I did download another program called TestDisc and Photorec, they both said many ppl who used spinrite and had this issue, although it took a long time to scan everything these two programs worked for them...Havent tried it yet but may do it this weekend

testdisc and photorec can find files that are on a disc even if the drive has been formatted

i've used them a bit ... they can run in windows but there are also versions on many bootable rescue cds

i think photorec is the one you will want for recovering your files if you can't just see them on the drive when it's plugged into your new PC
    testdisc is more for resetting the partition tables back to what it used to be before you formatted the drive

nothing really new right now but just wanted to show off some windshield and door flex before it comes out...still no box specs from sundown...too hot to really mess with anything right now also

this should give an idea of how loud it is. the beep while just the highs playing is my tablet letting us know the battery is to hot from sitting in the car today... this is volume 27 of my max set 28 and voltage dropping with the driver window partially down

feeling much better even though my back still hurts, its tolerable for the most part...Its hot as hell out here but ive just been getting back into messing with the car.

the led's around the mirror sign kept coming loose so i pull it all out and siliconed it on so it shouldnt have that issue anymore, also set the trim panel straight as it was a lil crooked and annoyed the hell out of me.

I did mess with the console a bit but still nothing special

and ive found the flaw to the tablet in a car in the south...even cracking the windows its so hot it wont charge b/c the battery temp is too high. so you have to always remove it or wait forever for it to cool.

and a while back I bought some security cameras too keep an eye on all the stuff at the house, including my brothers stuff and the neighbors, not a bad neighborhood but nice stuff attracts roaches.

anyway I have to get up install all the cameras but for my viewing pleasure I just went to BestBuy and scooped this baby up for My TV, computer and security cameras

guys thought I was nuts loading it in the car and didnt even tie it down thanks to the acutators

I wanna knock some stuff out before the 22nd but dont see that happening but slowly im getting back into it

and thats the reminder, Saturday June 22, Biloxi, Mississippi...I be there for my birthday giving sound demos if you want one, meet up and come have fun...ill be out there around 11am-5pm
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

not much as ive been pretty busy working, didnt work on the car last week cuz we went mud riding on the 4 wheelers...this saturday is my Birthday and ill be at Scraping the Coast, come out for a demo...so no work this weekend.

still waiting on box specs and if all goes right new subwoofers should be here in about 2 weeks.

so after this weekend I should be getting some work in on a new box when specs available, and maybe start building a new trunk pod...

other than that, yesterday I cleaned my neglected motor, had dirt all over it, havent cleaned it since october last year...then today I had my wheels balanced as I had a lil shake around mid 40's to mid 50's...no shake now, tomorrow im going to get a frontend alignment also and then clean it up for saturday.

just a few new pics and 2 demos from monday

Dirty

Clean

Milestone, racking them up

friend said, "The F***** doors about to fly off"

this one, I demoed a different song for him and hes like, yea thats loud man, I said somethings wrong, i think we only on 1 sub, 1amp. He said what, I check and sure enough one of the amps went into protect, I restart it and demo an older song and, here ya go

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

These videos crack me up. I wanna hear it, dont think I've been in anything that loud.

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

well, if you ever come to new orleans for any event, you can hear it and party your ass off, or see all the good stuff the news never shows.

its only going to get louder though

threw the old POS trunk pod back in and bolted the NS-1 amp to cover most of the hole, also hooked the speakers back up. this is just for the show this weekend if the trunk is open...show off a lil while driving...after that its coming right out.

might add some dummy power/ground RCA's to make it look somewhat official

----------

ill try to clean it up tomorrow as i would have today but it was at the alignment shop and then it rained and is again raining right now

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.