CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 62
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; You should just buy the correct film yourself and have him do the transfer. Im not sure if this is ...
    96LT1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

You should just buy the correct film yourself and have him do the transfer.

Im not sure if this is close but something like this

http://www.hydraphics.com/catalog/hy...ern-p-251.html

CadillacPimpinNOLA is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

its close, he says they have "dark burlwood" but its red like lexus wood, that wont work...i know another guy who does it if hes still in buissness, i helped him a bunch back in the day and when i ask for a hook up for all my help, hes like yea ok and the price i get i can get cheaper from unknown ppl...if he can get it close though i cant really do much but pay it

and im not going to replace all the wood with veneer, if anything i would pull it all out and water transfer it all to match

now there is a show july 20-21 called Pandemonium, been around for years but they moved it from upstate to near me last year, i am really thinking of rebuilding my current box but really beefing it up with bracing and such, repainting it and then upgrading to the new Fi BL 18"s...should cost about $950 for the box materials and subs...

i only wanna have a strong fresh setup for the stereo comp as I know the guy who saisd my box was ugly when i beat him with all his new and more stuff, hes gonna be there and i wanna shit on him again

maybe upgrade the amps too

might have some subs and amps available soon

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Can't wait til ya crush the tool!

I think with the color keyed goodies you already have, body color would be cool. It would just be a shame not be able to use wood grain.

thats the reason i dont want to paint it, im riding without an airbag right now so its no rush ill try to find someone who can water transfer it

not much going on right now, tired from partying this weekend and theres plenty more to come with a bunch of festivals

heres a pic of the woodgrain from the outside, got the color to do the airbag but have to order a few additives to be able to do it wont get to order them till monday... i think going with all lighter wood will look alot better than the dark so well see what happens there.

been awhile now even though both are dirty in the pic, this is the bike i painted, finally side by side and some sun out, way different from the first pic
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

well, good and bad happened

got the interior paint and its a pretty good match...cleaned the airbag, put some adhesion promoter on it and painted it up

looks real good, installed it when i got home and its peeling like the adhesion promoter was bad or something....which means ill have to strip it down again which is a pain in the ass and then respray...ill do that another day

see at the bottom corners it peeled

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Bummer...looks great otherwise. I didn't realize how little wood you have on the dash. You would definitely be better to change the dash instead of the wheel. Plus less chance of wearing off on the dash.

3 peices on the dash, the 2 spears and instrument cluster and each door has a lil bit, i would have to do the wheel too so it all matches though.

and im hoping that if i get some time tomorrow that a lil thinner will wipe it off and i can try it again.

ever since i got my car it had 2 spots on the dash where the color was disappearing. iver the years its gotten worse, im really thinking of soon, ordering some more of the interior paint and pulling the dash to respray it. only $32 a pint and the shop is buying it so why not, prolly need a quart or 2 to do the whole thing

96LT1 empty your PM's so i can hit you back

sanded the airbag with 600 grit today, cleaned it and resprayed it...havent installed it yet, its sitting in the car right now and so far so good. we'll see how it works out soon enough

96LT1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

Emptied it, sorry bout that.

after the respray, its in, where the four sides meet the wheel it rubbed a lil paint off, dont know why it refuses to cooperate but its in, and looks good, the few side issues cant be seen with the bag installed

no one is exempt, this old guy cxame in today for some touchup paint, asked about my car, so we talking and hes saying how nice it looks, then he sees the sub wall and ask me if id turn it on ( he really had to beg me to do it, lol) anyway i told him it was really loud multiple times and that i film ppl's reactions...got in the car and told him again how loud it was and he was fine with it...thats it you go that far, no one gets a break.

after the video he said " wow, i thought i was having a stroke, that thing is loud but it sounds good" then him and his friend both praised the car and continued talking like nothing happened

it may upset some ppl here but i told him multiple times it was loud, he wanted to hear it

mjs182004 and mjs182004 like this.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

HAHA, that was funny when he jumped away from the car. I bet he was thinking "kids these days...". That was good.

he had a big smile on his face when i got out the car

not much to report, had a me weekend with no sidework and some 4 wheeling. want to get some progress on the console but its storming like theres no end right now.

do have some other pics though, my friend put a new motor in his car and with 500 miles on it, took it on a nice long ride down here to show off for french quarter fest...he wants me to get him a price to block it laser straight and shoot it black

id drive this car till the wheels fell off, o and he has the original numbers matching motor that still runs

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.