CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 61
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 76 FirstFirst ... 11 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I need a blue version of that wheel!...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

I need a blue version of that wheel!

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

CadillacPimpinNOLA is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

good luck with that, you can have it recovered its just finding one, and for a fair price...i have waited years patiently before this one popped up.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

yeah, and blue isn't the most common interior color either (esp for cars with the woodgrain option... eldo/sev)

i'm not even sure if that option was ever actually offered in the blue interior too... so i'm not really looking all that hard

but a boy can dream
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    I've come across quite a few of the wood wheels in black interiors....haven't seen them in white or blue yet.

i have seen a lot in black leather and dark wood grain, a few in tan like the one i got, thats really the only two colors i have seen but it was an option for any color those year eldorados...but all the previous ones ive found the leather was worn, worn grain chipped or showing age and a $350+ price tag...

96LT1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    yea i see that, i didnt know if there was reliefs cut into the wheel to pass between the airbag and wheel or not...either way, with them or without, im happy I finally found a nice one and cheap too
    i think there is relief cuts in the wheel,but i dont think that you would be able to see them too much. also the airbag attaches differently on the fleetwoods and eldorados, do you know if you can just pull off the part from the flletwood wheel and add it to the eldorado?

from what i read it was the same exact wheel so the airbag should swap right over, if not ill figure it out and make it work

this is a bad picture but the parts circled in red are what the eldorado wheel dosent have

im sure i can transfer stuff over, either way we'll find out soon, and one way or another i will make it work

line driver came in faster than expected, got it yesterday instead of the april 2 delivery date, so thats a win, went out and pulled the driver seat, squeezed in the back seat area and wired it up, that and the dual USB hookup were the last two pieces I had left so everything for the tablet is done, i havent set the gain on the line driver but did test it and its 100...so now its on to the console when i have some spare time.

USB hanging there cuz the ashtray was cut up for the switches, all will be hidden

ok, wheel came in today, pulled the factory one

96LT1 those pieces you talking about, i was able to unscrew them from my factory wheel, on the new wheel the opening on the back of the wheel has a restriction made into and uses small and shorter screws, maybe tomorrow im going to grind the heads of the screws down so they fit in there and be able to mount the airbag when im ready

I have to dye the airbag to match the wheel leather and then water transfer the wood with a burlwood pattern and it will be done

looks great

thanks, i ground the bolt heads down this morning at work, the bolt head fits now but one last small, minor issue, the bolts have a threaded end and the middle is smooth but larger in diameter, im going to have to enlarge the 4 holes on the wheel so they can pass through, doesnt have to go much and theres plenty to drill.

about to go get a price on the water transfer in a lil while also

got the pieces installed in the wheel, trying to find some color to do the airbag and ran into another issue

I guess i have 4 choices now since the guy who does water transfer is obviously on a generic system. he says his burlwood is red and wont match mine. im pretty sure you print what you want and lay it on so he must have preinstalled images and dont want to upgrade or go outside the box

so my 4 choices are...leave it as is with mismatched wood...do all the wood in the car...paint it to match my car...search for someone else

Poda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Base, 94 Fleetwood Livery-no vinyl top in sight

Given the amount of work you've put in to this car already, I vote for re-doing all the wood in the car. With real veneer.. It's on my "one day" list of things to do..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.