Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

199K views 1K replies 54 participants last post by  CPN504 
#1 ·
since several people asked me too...ill start from the beginning, its in progress so as I do more work ill update it.

this is my 1st time seeing the car when a co-worker found it after i told him a few different models i was interested in. took a month to get in touch with him cuz no one lived at the house.

was really dirty from sitting all them years after the owner passed away. the uncle didnt want to fool with it and it wouldnt start. he said make an offer. I made an offer for $1000 how it sits with 16,495 miles on the odometer, he accepted and i towed it home a few days later. dropped the fuel tank and put a new fuel pump in, cleaned the injectors and it fired right up the first day i got it home.

then i gave it a good cleaning inside and out

started with the chrome rocker moldings

cleaned the factory dry-rotted tires and rolled them for a few months till i had a blow-out

carpet was kinda funky so i pulled it out and cleaned it, new jute and it put it back in, good time to run some wires for the radio and future stereo

cleaned up shortly after i got it, sitting next to my lil mini truck

still had the other guys handicap plate

looks pretty nice on the underside

not long after getting the car I had to change the tires and A/C compressor was leaking out the seal.

First Day of driving it i had to clean the engine. this is what it looks like 365 a year. gets a lil dusty but i just clean it again

See less See more
#138 ·
no work updates but yesterday we pulled the lacs out for and let some local rappers and one from houston use the cars for a backdrop. I went heavily into the hood and back. i didnt get to much of the camera since i was on the side and my friends were the main center focus but they got a lil of mine on some side shots...

#140 ·
works been slow but the bills havent, plus too much partying leaves me with not a lot of money. kinda loose interest when funds are low...only thing ive done so far this week, i started stripping one of the door moldings to repaint it since they look terrible and i washed it up and put some tire shine on yesterday. the few weeks ago i had to change a leaking waterpump, no problem under warranty so just some of my time and some coolant. changed it, cam seal was fine, no leaks, few days later and oil is dripping all over from that seal so i had to pull it all apart and fix that

this stuff is not coming off easy, supposed to be gray but mine have dried up and turned black, of course the dealership no longer stocks these parts

removed the rear door molding

taped the chrome up, removed the weatherstrip and got a li sanding done

hopefully work pics up, I have a few side hustles to bring a lil cash in and maybe I can get motivated again

#141 ·
well, work is slower than ever, money sucks right now and then theres holidays so spend some more...i just been driving the car lately nothing to do it with low funds. didnt finish the moldings cuz the stuff refused to sand off. ill find some better ones in the future and just replace them...

today since work is so slow i decided to cut some wood for the trunk and try to get some stuff in place for the stereo system. cut the 1st of 2 front baffle boards to hold the subs, not shown i have a panel to hold 2 amps and a sound processor on the floor, i still have to modify it some, and i got the frames done for the side panels around the batteries, compressors and holds the amps...now just have to figure how to mount them securely and figure how i will finish them off...took some measurements for the box itself and will have to get cutting maybe tomorrow. too cold outside though

also took the tank out for now, there isnt much room, i have to make 10lbs of shit fit in a 5lb bag

i added another board for support, the amp will be mounted level, its just leaning there, also have to drill holes for the wires

smaller amp for this side

#143 ·
yea, thats 1 of 4 sundown amps, 2 Fi audio BL 18", 4 boston acoustic 6x9's, 1 rockford fosgate 360.2 sound processor, 2 optima yellowtop batteries, that huge pile of knukoncepts 0 gauge wire, a bunch of knukoncepts 4 gauge wire, of course all of the air equipment, its gonna be hard to fit all this and make it look good

#145 ·
i need some motivation right now, that usually comes from money...just to get some bass in the car i would put a prefab box but no one makes them for 18"s and Fi audio recommends and ported enclosure of 5cbft minimum per sub, its gonna be hard to get 10cbft plus port and sub displacement, but ima try. slight hangover and this cold weather has me not wanting to do anything

#149 ·
yep, just shake the haters off, besides id rather a RWD cadillac with a chevy engine over an sts that after 5 years is just about worthless. but ya cant please everyone...

after football today i may go remove the rear seat and see about relocating the box mounted in the trunk on the drivers side seatback. then go cut a few peices of wood to mock a few things up. ill probally need to go buy another $30 sheet of 3/4" MDF for the box itself

#150 ·
go a lil further with it, i love drag racing, but i wouldnt turn my fleetwood into a race car, just like your sts, its a cadillac not a race car, no matter how much you paid for and put into it. this is my S.L.A.B. daily driver, that stands for Slow loud a bangin. hence why i havent modified it to go faster and am building a big stereo system with air ride and such. I have a race truck though if you ever want to go to the track. show you what real muscle is.

#153 ·
yea, thats his opinion, it is what it is, its real easy to buy something new out right and hook a computer to it or bolt on parts...id rather go my own route customize it and know it was done by me.

this is the other toy in the works, it runs but its not track ready yet, in the pic Its going back together after having the heads decked. still need to lower it a bit more, backhalf the rear and finish a few things under the hood, then its a lil bodywork and flatblack paint

right at 800hp, plan to add a 250 shot nitrous system in the near future, the other money pit

496 stroker, edelbrock alum heads, all forged internals, 13.1 compression, glyptal coated block, dominator carb, msd ignition, 3.5" dual exhaust, ect ect ect

#156 ·
either way i dont consider a stsv a real muscle car and a few years down the line it will be worthless, very few new cars hold there value and a new seville in general is poorly built

as for the motor, its in a 97 regular cab stepside chevy 1500, i sold the 68 a while back, it was nice but needed to much work at the time, i really want a 76 eldorado convertable but everyone who has one thinks they have gold, or i want a early 80's model opera seville or eldorado, also rare and expensive

#158 ·
Oops, my bad. You are right.

STS will be worthless in a few years...well yeah, that's what happens as a car ages. Good example - I can go buy a good condition '96 Fleetwood for $2500-$3000 today. Not exactly gonna break the bank. :stirpot:

Yeah, the STS may not be a muscle car, but lets get serious here - the Fleetwood is no muscle car either, and it never was. It's just a good, old fashioned cruising machine that does it's job well. As an overweight, softly sprung, properly geared cruiser will, it performs downright miserably when it comes to carving corners, braking, or accelerating. A 4.6 STS is far more of a muscle car than the Fleetwood could ever wish to be.

#159 ·
Yeah, but that's his whole argument. He's definitely not turning this into a race car. Race cars don't have woofers that require 5 cubic feet of air to move...

(I wish my wagon did, though. :( )

Anywho, back on topic:

Good to see this thread back. I'm honestly curious to see what the trunk will end up looking like, considering your other work looks so good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.