CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 59
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; worked on the green fleet yesterday, had a wire come loose on a relay for the neons and such, had ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

worked on the green fleet yesterday, had a wire come loose on a relay for the neons and such, had to pull the seat and do a better job of securing the crimp to the relay, thats fixed, then he goes to start it and the batteries are dead, the underhood was shot the new optima was drained...pulled his alt and got it tested and it was bad so I installed a new one for him, have to change some lines next week that are leaking oil on the driverside coming from the radiator to the oil filter.

then he decided hes going to go airbags instead of hydros for now so ill prolly do that.

good coming out of it, he has 2 actuators collecting dust, told him i need one for something im doing on my console, he said "Take them" so that saves me a big chunk of change

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Ugh those stupid oil cooler lines. I would just delete that damn thing. Such a pain in the ass.
    csbuckn and csbuckn like this.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

I'm with Sting, just delete the lines. I tried to do some and couldnt guarantee the job would be done without breaking something else.

Get a filter adapter from a car without the cooler. Swap that. Boom. Never again.

BigCadMan_1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Eldorado 4.9

Oil filter will screw right up to the block with out an adapter.

Poda is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Base, 94 Fleetwood Livery-no vinyl top in sight

Loving the work so far.. How much space is there between the seats for the center console?

my cooler lines for the oil dont leak, his is the first i have experianced, now my trans lines are moist but not dripping yet, ill do those soon.

the console will go from just under the radio flush with the dash all the way to the port on the box, its close to the seats but not rubbing. maybe 1/4" on each side, didnt pay too much attention when it was in there.

have to get motivated between cold and rain to start the front section of the console

grabbed a hood from pull a part today so I can modify for a cool mod that many ppl do not do

and finally saturday after changing those lines, ill be working on my friends 63 impala chasing a electric bug down but i think i already know what it is, wait till yall see this car.

Sooo....?

working and with the damn weather its 40-80 degrees, raining and sunny all in the same day so im kinda not felling great with a cold...I cut the front console peices that will be the base, not the the complete console but they didnt fit the back perfect and i had some issues...got aggravated and stopped.

traced it out as one piece, and cut both sides again. I have to sand them how I need and then cut them to 2-piece the console again so i can get it in the car.

gotta figure how im going to do the main feature and maybe even adding something for the airride when I can get to that point...

slowly but surely

got world of wheels this weekend and a ton of sidework so console on hold for a few days...I want it done yesterday

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Bad ass work and nice Fleetwood, this thread deliver, i can't stop reading

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    Bad ass work and nice Fleetwood, this thread deliver, i can't stop reading
    Sorry I didn't mention it sooner!

everything still on hold although i want it done yesterday...got so much work and sidework right now its terrible but not complaining...did give a bunch of demos the last few days though, should have filmed them. one guy didnt get in but wanted to hear it and then told me turn it down cuz his chest was vibrating and he had a pacemaker...found a bass track that gets pretty low and brutal, have to start filming them again

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Can't be gettin' the ride arrested for murder! Death by bass...would be a good band name.

i put this grandpa in he couldnt believe how loud it was, then his grandson got in and started to bail, said he felt lightheaded when he got out...one of the co-workers came out the back of the shop and said i was vibrating the roof by his stall...my brothers friend finally got a demo and said his ears popped when the bass hit...his whole head jerked...really gotta start filming again

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.