CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 57
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; yep TV in the 5th wheel...if anyone watches new movies, this car has 2 shots in the new jason statham ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

yep TV in the 5th wheel...if anyone watches new movies, this car has 2 shots in the new jason statham movie "Parker"...they covered "new orleans" on his plaque and put a texas plate on the car.

before i go watch the game i was bored so i ripped the seats out the car, put the Junkyard seat in, had to use the recline switch from the driver seat as the JY seat one was broken...works fine just needs to be cleaned and conditioned.

threw the passenger seat in the driverside and bolted it down, im prolly going to get the frame off the driverside seat and cut the console area off and mount it to the new driverseat...but its coming along, dont know when ill even start the console though, i need a few certain parts first.

TEASER

talismandave and talismandave like this.

got home after the game $50 lighter in the wallet on a bet. threw the driver seat on a rack and ripped it apart. looks like all they done is cut a few spots out of the frame and welded a metal extension to expand the seat and hold the console...im going to try to cut it off tomorrow if i have time, then pull the current drivers seat and put that foam and seat covers on that frame so that my seatbelt is in the correct spot and the tracks actually fit a lil better

in anout really wore that cover out

seat bottom stripped

cut the extension off this morning, had a crack in the seat frame also, welded that up and ground it down...want to go pull the driver seat out to strip and swap parts but its raing at the moment so just another hold up

went outside and unbolted the seat with the doors closed so i only got a lil wet removing and reinstalling the seat but its done and back in, have to remount the LED strips, clean the driverseat up and figure out how and whats going into the console in the future

cut a peice of vinyl off the old seat cover and glued it over the old hole for the recline, it will be hidden by the console and its dirty in that pic

cut the foam for the switch mount to pass through the cushion

glued the foam i cut out into the other side old switch hole...it actually started smoking when i sprayed the activator on the glue i used. no fire though

bottom cover on

switch cut through and installed

back mounted

back cover on, almost complete

cut the old skirt on and glued it on the correct side, might have to modify it a lil to fit my LED but lookin good

thats it for now

quick pic today, seats in, seatbelts correct, just need to clean them up and install the LEDs again

talismandave and talismandave like this.

Cadillac_Fan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '92 Brougham d'Elegance 305; '98 Seville STS

Unbelievable. The custom work is masterful, with nothing less than the very best craftsmanship and artistry. From the tweeter placement, to the stock look of the Dakota air gauge and embedded voltage gauges, this is nothing short of pure genius. Well done.

thanks, wait till you see the console, its just an idea in my head now but hopefully soon ill get to work on it...and to show that nothing goes to waste.

this plastic piece that is sewn into the seat holds the seatbelt in place. since this is a passenger seat modified to fit the driverside, that piece is on the outside...if i cut it off, i have holes in the seat...well i found it to be a damn perfect place to hold my gun and not be visible from looking through the windows or if a jacker tries to take the car... he wont see it coming

almost like it was a factory cadillac option, lol

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

...it should have been...
    Cadillac_Fan and Cadillac_Fan like this.

Cadillac_Fan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '92 Brougham d'Elegance 305; '98 Seville STS

Brilliant, great stuff! S&W Sigma 9mm?

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    Seems like a hard place to reach with a car jacker in your grill. Do some practice runs with a friend including you as the bad guy. Think you should build it into the center console.

yea a sigma 9mm with 2 16rnd mags plus 1 always in the chamber...not my favorite but it was the right price years ago

and id rather them not see it coming from the console as im sure they would be anticipating that...the way my car sits low and i get out of it, its in a perfect spot. if they have anything other than a gun, they screwed, if they have a gun and dont shoot, im giving the car up no questions asked.

the spot with the gun is perfect for me cuz when i get out the car i always tilt the wheel up, open the door with my left and my right arm goes low as i kind of turn and roll to get out. when i do that my right hand is always in that general area and my left is on the B-Pillar...just works for me i guess

worse comes to worse, im not perfect with my left hand but the gun has very little recoil so it is left hand friendly...close combat its good
    Cadillac_Fan and Cadillac_Fan like this.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Well it works perfectly for those situations. Looking foward to the center console.

spent a few dollars on one specific part for the console today. need a few other things to complete it and then i can start building...have to recoup some money after what i just spent and mardi gras time what im going to spend "balcony on bourban" again saturday with open bar and catered buffet..have a check this week that will get that money back, then maybe ill do my taxes soon and send that off too.

after spending about $580 on one specific part for the console, I had to buy another $100 in parts to hopefully make it work as ive never done this before...going to pull a part later today and going to see if they have something i really want to use...then depending on space im thinking of taking the digital air gauge out of the roof, smooth and painting the plastic trim on the roof panel and putting the gauge somewhere in the console.

im all ready to do this just waiting on parts

----------

sidework is helping a lil with the cost also...already done a oil change today, have a convertible top on a chrysler i have to fix, its low on fluid and a brake job on the way now.

balcony on bourban street tonight...gonna be busy

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.