CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 55
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 76 FirstFirst ... 5 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; for a second I almost went outside to drill and try to get the batteries mounted, WTF was I thinking,for ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

for a second I almost went outside to drill and try to get the batteries mounted, WTF was I thinking,for one I live in louisiana not just b/c I was born here, but I hate cold weather, my hands dont work right when they get cold and when you hit them on something, it hurts a lot more than when its warm...so im not going to go out in the 35degree weather with a ton of humidity in the air. ill just wait till tomorrow and put the car inside in the warm shop, plus ill have some light to.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

A little cold snap eh? That would be a heat wave for me! I'd have to peal a couple of layers off...

its not super cold but its too cold for me, id rather sweat than be cold...the bad thing about cold here is the humidity...I been other places where the temp was way lower but I was fine b/c they had little to no humidity.
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

got more done than i thought i would, working around normal work and such...was a paint to get the battery hold downs mounted as i had to get a nut between the frame and floorboard on both sides, but i done it...the batteries are wired up but not how I plan to keep them. I need to get some washers and 4 bolts so i can put the wires on the second battery how i need them...

also after lunch, I sanded the primer, threw the pod in the booth and decided that since I went with red primer and didnt blow through to many areas that sealer wasnt needed...so I based it with 3 nice coats, then 3 nice coats of clear and its drying now

I gotta clean the trunk up

sanded pod

Base Coat

Clear Coat #1

Clear Coat #3

had to put some air in the shocks, them extra batteries got it sagging and beating the skirts up, those will be cut soon

went to the hardware and bought some bolts so I can wire the batteries how i need them, then bought 2 turnbuckles...ima use those and some 2x4 scraps I have to make a tool to push the pod up and hold it there tightly...

do that tomorrow, also have to stop by the stereo shop to get some speaker wire for all the speakers, retune the amp for 6.5"s instead of the 6x9s and put it all together.

then my friend wants to wrap his panel and install his neon. or at least get the neon drilled correctly so it can be thrown in wuick when we ready...busy weekend and top it off sunday with atlanta losing to the 49ers

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Nice stuff. You got a PM

this was yesterday in the sunlight...drank too much last night, got in late ect..trying to drag myself out to go work on the car...going to be a long day.

ok, made some quick brackets out of 2x4's and turnbuckles...enough to get it in place...think im going to have to do something else to fit it good and permanent...bought some lugs today as to hook the batteries how i need them, 2 wires need to be longer and 1 shorter

thats a project for tomorrow, maybe ill bolt the speakers up and wire them up too.

then onto the green fleet...hooked an amp up so he could have some sound...after measuring twice and cutting once the trim panel was way off, so, im going to cut it more and use on my car and go get some wood, cut him a new one

headache after headache, its getting there...i placed the upper covers on and had the wrong side on one end and of course the screw made an outty dimple which i pushed down, hard to see now and it chipped the edge of the paint

then the work that was done on this from a professional shop is just embarrasing...look at how each speaker was in the pod....

it took me all of 10 seconds each speaker to hold it center and drill new holes so it looks like this...hopefully they done the top right, i cant view them as they are covered

then i pick the pod up and part of it falls off holding 2 speakers, it was liquid nailed once already so im waiting for my fix to dry in 24 hours...

got my batteries wired right but now one gauge either is going bad or has a loose wire so gotta figure that out...

getting there though

think I fixed the gauge issue but the headaches dont extend to just my car...dont ask how this got screwed up but we placed the neon sign on the trim panel for the green fleet, the neons have a plexiglass backing that is wider than the sign...I centered the sign, traced the edges, then heres the trick, I drew a line 3/4" inside of the neons plexi outline...please can anyone tell me how after cutting that out, that the panel hole is too big...doesnt make sense.

so, my fix will be to cut him a new panel of course with a correct size opening and the panel I have now, I will open it up and fit it to my sign

its dark now but I may go out at halftime and try to mark and get my skirts cut, its been too long

ok, my hands are burnt from the dremel tool, for whatever reason the airsaw would not do anything to the skirt, it did trim the plastic backing and gray piece nicely but thats it...and the dremel tool with a metl cutoff blade took forever, had to let the tool cool down 3 different times...but ONE is done...ill do the 2nd one at work or at home tomorrow, may have something to make the job easier there.

many may not like the look but you have to do this to lower the cxar with these rims and skirts and now i can lower the back down again and not worry about knocking the caps loose...also needed for whenever i get the airbags installed so i can lay it out.

see how bent it is from bottoming out on the rim

looks weird cuz i had to air the shocks up when i put them other 2 batteries in...ill let the air out and lower it tomorrow

2nd is ready for cutting, tomorrow

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

That sucks you had to do that but you cant win them all. Rather do that then replace a rim.

the skirts where taking a beating but when i added the other 2 batteries i had to air the shocks up more b/c it was knocking the caps off when i turned up curbs...i didnt like the sky high look and also it has to be done for when the airbags get put on...no ways around that, it has to be done.

finished the passenger side then lowered it back down....so far everything clears on curbs and bumps

airbags will bring it lower which will put the skirt almost on the rim when its layed out

----------

then my friend wants the trunk piece black, i showed him it was cracked, of course i pick it up and it breaks in half...so, im repairing it now, then can prep it and shoot a fresh coat of gloss black on it and the push buttons to hold it down

ok, everything is still going slow, my air ratchet broke so im bout to go reuild that, thats how i make money so its first in line.

glued that back panel the other day, have to find time to paint it now as work has increased slightly...you might see the crack after paint if you look close but thats the best i can do

now that the panel has fully dried with fixing the professional shops garbage work...I put it in, made a quick bracket out of 2x4s and turnbuckles that ill eventually square up and hide at another time...

lower grills are drying from being glued back on, didnt feel like removing the speakers and screwing them on, just wanted to get it in

Short Video of how loud it is...turned the subs andd interior speakers off...short as i didnt want to hear it from any neighbors

i know you can hear it blocks away
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

just got home from a sound comp...no awards its was a $10 run for fun test and tune type event...the wall didnt make much difference meter wise but still did something and it is louder to the ear...45hertz tone sweep i done 149.2 on the windshield and 151.4 in the kick...exactly 1db higher on both from the previous scores...also got a few contacts for ppl who want work done....so i see tax free money in the future.

got pulled over thursday night, which was fun cuz they got me for tint, i had a license plate that didnt belong to me, with a different registration sticker, i was drinking, had a bootleg movie on the seat and they gave me a warning, then said to turn it up when i leave but not for long...my friend said i have a golden horseshoe in my ass.

gave a bunch of demos and waiting on my friend to bring vinyl so i can wrap his trim panel i cut out of birch wood...might cut me one too.

if so ill get pics later, maybe find some of the show too if they online

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.