CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 54
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 76 FirstFirst ... 4 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; dont think im going to do any modification on the pod, just have to figure up something to keep it ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

dont think im going to do any modification on the pod, just have to figure up something to keep it held in place besides the jack and 2x4, ill fix a few cracks and such, repaint it and wire it back up, then make a mirror sign to cover the amp hole...test fit today and now temp dropped a lot and it started raining so im back inside

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

That looks great! I also love the way you see it in the mirror. Is the lettering that faint in person in daylight? It really Looks cool in photo, like ghost stripes.

it depends on the light. it was sunny the other day and hard to read against the mirror...today it was overcast and you could read it fine, way better than the pic shows. and with the flip of the switch it lights up red so you can miss it, even in the day time.

with the pod if i have to do any mods it will be for the tank pressure sensor relief, if it hits

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Is the trunk the same as the box caddies? What size speakers go in that pod?

no, they are different but those pods are easy to make, I had a better way to make it work , fit and use no supports as they arent needed but I dont feel like doing all that extra work, this will be good enough for me. I didnt check exact size but each oval has 2 i think they are 5 1/4" pioneer 3 ways...so 8 total

I was just sitting around thinking, Mardi Gras is right around the corner, I need to get my ass in gear and get this stuff finished.

----------

ok, i was way off, they look like 6.5"s and they are 4 ways

No kidding! Even in daylight the red lights up! That I didn't expect. Cool!

yea, ill go get a daytime pic in a lil while and post it...when I trim it out and contain all the light going into the plexi only it should get a lil brighter too

for whatever reason my camera on my phone doesnt pic the light up well. it makes it look faint but it lights up pretty good during the day, good enough to read it fine from a good distance

talismandave and talismandave like this.

Really looks great!

the guy who built the trunk pod,i never liked him as he tried to rip me off one day for getting some work done, on top of that he was supposed to give me the friends price...now I have seen him do some great work and ppl ride his nuts like hes the best but I have seen crap from him, coming out of a professional shop.

now this pod has some of his crap features...I couldnt figure how to get the 2nd grills out, the top ones where screwed in...heres the outside view

this is the back view

now one crap job he done is, why choke the speakers down to whatever size hole that is, just messing with the output and quality

the other thing is i couldnt unscrew it b/c the screws come from the other side of the panel..so im trying to figure out his black magic installation and decided, screw it, im just pry it off from the backside...He liquid nailed the grills on, 2 screws from the back would have been perfect and easy on/off

makes me wonder how shops stay in buissness and all them holes on the back, the screws are in backwards so you cant remove them.unless you pry the grill off

He just depends on people being too stupid to look. I suppose most people who have them built for them wouldn't even know how to take them apart, much less what they should see if they did. I have never built a box and am not real knowledgeable about system. Even I can see that's some real BS you got there! Just goes to show...you gotta open your own shop!

not everyone has the money for me to invest in a shop and I like what I do in bodywork working my own schedule, with tax's going up, i been getting alot of tax free side work so im lovin it right now...now even though he done a lil crap work, the time materials and labor for what he done wasnt bad...it was that pod, wrapped in suede, all 8 speakers, molded fiberglass, 1 JL amp and a big custom amp rack metal bracket to hold it up was $1,500...he tried to charge me $1,000 to install my trunk actuators when I had all the stuff to do it, he just had to install it (i was being lazy till i got that price)...then i found out he put a tablet in my friends car, $1,000 and its stuck to the factory radio trim with just dynamat...on the other side of things ive seen great work from him, wonder how much it cost though

lunch time i grabbed the pod and brought it to work to fix a few areas and get it ready for paint, still havent figured how ill keep it hoisted in place yet.

during sand the liquid nail off, the grinder spit oil all over so those wet spots are that, hit it with some solvent and its all gone

layed a lil bondo in a few places and smoothed it out

hand scuffed the hard to reach areas and now its ready for a lil primer, sand, sealer, paint and clear coat

I get paid $150 tomorrow for a side job, I have a few dollars in the wallet, have to see what I made this week as work is a lil slow at the moment but I may purchase 2 more optima yellowtops and 8 post terminals so I can have a lot more juice, help the alternator out some when at full tilt till I can get a 2nd alt and figure how to mount it

2 optima yellowtops and 8 battery terminals $375.90...going to get 2 junk batteries from the main dealership to return for core charge as each on has a $12 core charge and I could sure use that $24 back

then I threw the pod in the new booth that we just got done after a fire and man is it nice...laid down some red primer and left it there till tomorrow...there are 2 cracks that will be hard to see, if i fixed them, they would just crack again so im leaving them

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.