CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 53
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 76 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ima try to get it blasted and cut for the lower lights early tomorrow, then after lunch, ill be drilling ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

ima try to get it blasted and cut for the lower lights early tomorrow, then after lunch, ill be drilling some holes and fixing some wiring on the green fleetwood.

ok, got it etched, the sand i had on hand was a lil too course and i couldnt fully remove the mirror as it was starting to cut through the decal. theres a scratch in it also thats also kinda noticable if you look just right...anyway in the future I may take it down and use a finer sand to cut some more mirror off but it still looks good, hard to see in the daytime and I cant get any lit up pics cuz i havent melted the edges clear yet to let the light through...also didnt cut for the lights cuz the guy at work forgot to leave he saw out for me....another time

etched

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

That is going to be sick all lit up!

i sure hope so, instead of cutting which is slow on plexi with an airsaw, I just ordered a 16ft of red LED rolls, just like the strips i put in the car, this is one big roll, maybe use the cold cathode tubes behind it, who knows right now...may also figure a way to remove some more of the mirror without sandblasting it...right now its raining and cold so no work gets done.

worked on the green fleetwood yesterday, have to modify the trim panel around the neon and rewrap that, then have to drill 2 more holes for the new neon, then i will take a mess of wires out and rewire the neon off of one relay instead of the mess thats in there with 2 relays. also hooked his neons back up and the 5th wheel continental kit TV back up so it both switch operated, that wrong set of HID's i bought I installed in his car also...its getting there slowly but surely....o, i also have to glue some clips back to his A-pillar trim. thats about it for now

melted the edges a few minutes ago and reinstalled it in the car, now just waiting for the LED's to get here and make a trim panel...the cold cathode tubes I have although nice arent as bright as the old school ones and even though I only tested with one instead of all 8, it wasnt cutting it...the LED flash bulb on my phone 1 LED blew it away

I was going to figure away to remove a lil more material from the letters but at night or low light it looks way better, just hard to see in the day time cuz of the shiny mirror

----------

ill wait to see how the LED's look, but I may spray the backside red like my car to stand it out more in the day time...not sure yet

LED's should be in thursday, I got the trim panel for my friends car cut today, may trace it out and cut one for my car...

had another amp issue...still stumped here and ill figure it out soon...as long as the radio and bass is on everything plays fine but if i turn the bass up it sends one amp into protect...I swapped subs to the other amps and no issues and back so I dont know if its the amp itself or a sub shorting out from all the abuse...well see soon

and if anyone is looking for a trunk pod, the one shown a while back in the green fleetwoods trunk, its for sale minus the speakers and amps...Make an offer if you want it, id rather have someone use it than throw it away...it a tight squeeze to get it in and you meed something made to hold it up when its in there.

ok, LED's came in a day early so I got out and had to see how it looks, alot brighter than the camera brings it out, but here ya go, now need to trim it out and cut the excess LED's

talismandave and talismandave like this.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

DAMN!! Thats some hot sh*t right there!!

thank ya, Need to trim it out now...I may keep that trunk pod since he gave it to me along with 8 speakers attached to it...he said sell it, keep it or throw it away. might modify it slightly, fix a few weak areas and repaint it, throw it in the trunk. I have an extra amp for the speakers too, just have to fill that gap where his amps where...a mirror plexi light sign, Hmmm

still trying to figure my amp sub issue also, figure what I need. think its the amp, I pulled both subs out earlier which was a pain, ohm'ed them although they were a lil high, not by much, they were solid. so even though they could use a fresh recone, i think its that one amp messing up. I reinstalled the subs but swap them side to side...if tomorrow on the way to work the driver amp goes into protect I know its the amp, if the passenger amp goes into protect, its the sub...

Ill get the amp fixed if I can, dont want to buy new ones, also I want to recone the subs, but I dont, I want to upgrade to the newer model Fi BL 18's, but I dont wanna spend the money...sucks

I have a trim panel I modified to fit the bigger neons for my friends car, just going to trace it on some wood and ill just have to open the center a lil bigger for my sign

Uber cool with the light show! I think it is a good idea to keep and use the box. That is one thing I always thought your ride could use..a little bass!!!

BTW, what did you cut that trim panel from? eventually I will need to trim out my trunk where all the factory covers are missing. (Hinges, quarters, and pull down motor.)

that panel was made at another shop years ago but my friend after breaking his neon sign had another sign to use which was bigger so I just opened the center to fit the new sign...hes supposed to bring me some vinyl to rewrap it but we have some bad weather going on all day so thats not gonna happen

BTW, the trunk has been bedlinered, just have to wrap that panel, mount the neon and wire it up, still cleaning some wires up and then can order a bunch of plexi mirror and get to work...then its off to get Hydraulics...hes still saving for that now

trim panel before

if anyone is close local pickup only. 20" chrome and gold spokes on low pro vogues, 2 vogues brand new $1200...you cant get tires for that price...think hes going back on 14"s for the hydros

brought the airsaw home today. got a lil bit done on the trunk but football and nightlife is getting in the way..I wired up a switch and ran the wires to the LED's got that all wired up and LED's glued on to the mirror plexi. trimmed the excess few feet of LED's off.

depending on football tomorrow, I may try to cut a lil on the pod and get it prepped for fiberglass and fit better than what a professional shop done. I have that extra amp sitting there, why not use it

and I solved my amp issue, dont know what it was but not arguing either...I pulled the amp out, opened it up, nothing loose, burnt, black ect...put it all back together, wired it back up and all is working like nothing ever happened.

Just needed a good stern looking at.

yep, it better not get out of line again, i was seconds away from ordering new amps and subs but thats a good bit of money to spend

from last night heres the sign untrimmed

with flash

without flash
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

That looks awesome!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.