CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 52
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; got some much needed side work, went from a tune up on a 96 lexus 300 to still having to ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

got some much needed side work, went from a tune up on a 96 lexus 300 to still having to do that, but my friend drops it off today on a wrecker talking about, I still need the tune up but fix the rest too

need a trunk, hood, radiator, 2 headlights, coolant and major pulling on the radiator support and the tune up too...he threw me $800 cash and said let me know if you need more...im hoping to be in $400 for used parts from the pull-a-part, aftermarket radiator and autozone, hmm, hell need a condensor too, maybe the pull a part has a good one. the rest is profit and i can get more if need be...easy money

doing all kinds of work and hit a milestone with my car

my friend wanted a custom plate for his escalade we just fixed, they come flat black with silver lettering

closeup of the vents on the lade i done the grill and vents on...now its in the shop b/c of vandalism. someone through a brick through the window and messed the door panel up, then punch or done something and dented the hood

done it again, this time in the driverside amp...as soon as the bass hit on max bass it popped...replaced the fuses, tried it and it went into protect...i checked everything. wired it all back up and working fine.

then my friend who wanted a tune up tells me he has a dent in his trunk and he needs the radiator support fixed cuz it got pushed back a lil bit..this is waht he brings me and and says fix it all...doing it all in the driveway in the cold. without the proper tools

have a lil left with brackets straightening and getting that drivers fender out some more. but it latches nicely...had to come out over and up with the core support

----------

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

...pushed in a little bit...

There has to be quite a story behind that one! Like having too good a night out?

he said someone slammed on there brakes as he was going through a green light...i dont know but any shop would have totalled the car over that so he better be happy. for working in my yard while all the proper tools are at work...this is all hes getting

of course I grabbed a radiator and condensor off of a 92. it looked the same but of course its not. i think the 92 is setup for r12 not 134 freon and the radiator hose placement is different...always something. i may try to save the condensor, its just bent and maybe grab an aftermarket radiator.

ill prolly do the tune up then swap tha rad/condensor and fan out...stupid fan is powered by the power steering pump

theres a cover for the core support so you dont see all the hammer marks and such, they also have a hood to hide it, again proper tools are at the shop and the proper way would have been to cut it out and weld a new support in

couldnt find a grill and a new one is $80 so hes holding off on that...I have $365 in parts but will get some money back when i return the radiator and condensor, then shell it back out for aftermaket radiator. ill prolly hit him for another $2-300 when its all over with

talismandave and talismandave like this.

well since the condensor wasnt busted, just bent, i straightened it as good as i could and set it in place...the radiator had a hole in it and the one i got to replace it wasnt correct on the bottom tank hose placement. so i took the one of the bad radiator and placed it on the replacement radiator. ill find out if it leaks when I put it together..going to have to get a lil power steering fluid later and a hose that was so saturated it ripped in half, but thats after football.

ok, got some cool news.

my buddy big herc @ werc use to be a radio DJ, the station revamped and he didnt fit the new station, but they kept him on as a producer for a morning show comedian "rickey smiley" now he got a TV show on a local cable station. wont lie I havent seen it yet.

anyway we was talking last night and soon its about to be picked up by local fox channel and distributed across the gulf coast. He said hes going to figure something out and get me on there to show my car and sound and maybe give some ppl a demo and maybe even a hair trick or two, guess ill have to practice

I dont know exactly when we going to do it but it is going to happen.

onto the lexus, just have to change the fuel filter (sucks for location) and its gonna go today. told him he owes an extra $300 for total parts and labor $1,100. he gave me $150 on the spot. I may use that money plus a few dollars of my own and go snatch a car up so I can stop driving the fleet so much and actually spend some time installing the air and maybe a lil body work...we'll see

ok, the lexus left a few days ago, have a dodge charger about to come over but its small work so small money, but money is money. made $50 on a quick cheap sub install and another $50 on a quick car clean (non detail)

finally got in touch with the sign guy and hes supposed to be cutting my vinyl tonight, which means, if i get my compressor fixed ill be etching my sign saturday, if not, ill be at work sand blasting it...

I thought about it and like it or hate it. this is it..

represents everything...Louisiana, cadillacs, my rims (swangas) and loud music.

will light up red on mirror plexi

also might add another sign in the lower trunk area in a pod that says "High Price Lifestyle' and "New Orleans,La" under it...thats future though

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I like that sign!!

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

You should replace the Cadillac crest with the older style. Otherwise, nice.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    Good catch, stingroo.

think its too late now, but im fine how it is

no sooner than I posted, he emailed me and said come get it. $35 lighter now...got home early, got it where I need it and put it on the mirror back. hopefully tomorrow I will try to get it sand blasted and make 2 cuts on the bottom to fit the lights...then its finding a torch lighter to heat the sides to a clear so the light really transfer through

not worried about any bubbles just as long as the letters and such are good

the sign guy couldnt believe how much ppl charge to make these signs, told him how and he was amazed at how easy they are to make. he wants pics when im done, prolly for his website. I told him id be getting more, another for my car and I now a few friends who said "let me see how it turns out with yours" so ill have that buissness soon

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Heh. Nice.

I tried.

Still looks great.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.