CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 51
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well they are all but finished, since I was spraying them in the prep station and not a paint booth, ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

Well they are all but finished, since I was spraying them in the prep station and not a paint booth, there are a few pieces of lint and dust that needs to be polished out but they are looking good...that will be done tomorrow after they fully dry

my brother still thinks he is paying for this so it will be a good christmas present

heres a few pics, tried to get a lay out of the clear but camera didnt pick it up good

all panels had rock chips or scatches that i repaired

sealed

first time painting

first clear but didnt cover fully with base

this was after a 600 wetsand and added 1 coat of base, 3 on total...look how smooth it is

almost no orange peal, some will settle when it dries for less peal, then a quick polish to get the lint out will have it glass

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

That is a beautiful shade of blue. Looks great!

you need to see it in the actual sunlight, 2 different colors...its ford Sonic Blue Pearl code NS...matching it to his F350 truck

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I'm gonna take a shot. The front fender makes me a little reluctant but the tank and what I see of the rear fender appear to be Honda Shadow.

yea, 1999 Honda Shadow 1100

this is when he first brought it home after trading his 1999 Kawasaki zx9r

he has it all apart right now, jetting the carb, new race exhaust, rebuilding the front shocks, a lil here and there touch up and customization

----------

I kept telling him that he was gonna keep them fruity flaming skulls on the tank, then I sliced my finger open taking them off...KARMA

Yeah I know...you just wanted them for the fenders of your Caddy!

yea you got me...

anyway it should look nice when we done, ill post some pics when finished

onto the caddy, got tired of waiting and hoping for a new piece of mirror plexi so I spent $115 and one should be here between the 21st-28th. going to take some measurements on how big the vinyl templet will have to be and tomorrow I may stop by a sign shop and see what they can come up with

the sign, bills due,christmas, ect...this is gonna suck...got a good check this week but looks like nothing special will follow for the last week

the sign will read SLAB
    -----------------------

Slow Loud And Bangin'

Can You Hear Me Now
    -----------------------
    incorporate a saints Fleur-de-lis, State Outline, New Orleans,La somewhere in it

ok, got it all done and delivered and for an early present, he loved it.

of course it got very cold and no sun just overcast but these are pics from yesterday

wetsanded and starting to compound

compounded, still had a haze from the compound needing to be wiped of.

if this isnt smooth, i dont know what is

overcast, no sun and it looks this good.
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Looks great!! My bike has a nice finish like that, now I just need to get the cars done up.

man I had a good day yesterday, aggravated at work but as i went out, i park my car and find a $20 right behind the car...used that as tip money

tipped both my bartender friends $5, got $10 left...start talking with this older but fine korean lady from kentucky (first for me)...she wanted oysters but was afraid to go by herself, we bring her to this place, my friend and I covered the tip, she like put your money away I got the bill...she covered that and made it clear that she didnt want a 3some and she wasnt trying to pick us up, she just wanted oysters and someone to hang out with...

we were there past closing and I told the guy we'd take care of him, he was funny, didnt complain or anything and was happy at the end.

id post the food but i didnt take a pic till it was all gone

yesterday I got some window tint 35% for the front doors, as i said im no pro and i really hate tinting, ruined one pack as the nothing wanted to cooperate, ended up pulling the door glass completly out, tinting it and the reinstalling it...it has some water im waiting to dry up and see how it looks, outside it looks fine inside is a lil weird.

goto pull the pass window and the tint is too short, 1 pack is not enough to do 2 front door windows, so today i get another pack, pull the window again, tint it, install it and it scratched and tore 3 areas at the top, cant see it with the windows up so for not its staying

snapped these pics but i havent cleaned the outside yet, whole car dirty

dark enough to look decent, not dark enough for cops to hassle...I hope

bad pic

then my friend caught me today, said i was rattling his floorboards, then I turned the bass up...

----------

o, then my car had a senior moment or something last night

I close my pass door but had the keys in the ignition so i could roll the window up/down. I open the door to get the keys and when i remove them, the LED interior lights start flashing like emergency flashers. I close the pass door and open the driver door and the trigger doesnt kill them, turn the light switch and nothing, close the door and start the car they wont stop flashing. then they just stop...wont do anything now...

I check the interior light fuse and when i pull it, the LEDs come on but real dim, put the fuse back in and they go off.

I was at a lose...closed it up went back out about 20 minutes later to investigate and its all working fine...no clue but its working fine

heres a better pic of the lighter tint...still deciding if ima do the whole windshield...wanted to do 50% but the stores dont have it, have to either do 35% like the front doors or goto a shop and get 50%

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

35%?

Bah. Not dark enough. lol

yea I had my fair share of tint tickets and dont need the hastle. 1 they cost too much, 2 when i go out I usually, wait, I always have several alcoholic beverages...dont need to give them an extra reason to pull me over... 35% is dark enough to block the glare at night, but not too dark that they cant see me.

may pull the dash pad to get the tint all the way down and then fix a few issues with it while its out, then repaint it

Great idea. It will also contain all the glass pieces when you finally crank it a little too much and blow the windshield out! 35 looks good on sides but I agree on 50 front. It will be dark enough to make the 35 look darker but still probably nor rile the local constabulary!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.