CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 50
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 75 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; my brother is going to try to get me another piece of mirror plexi glass, if he cant ill have ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

my brother is going to try to get me another piece of mirror plexi glass, if he cant ill have to just spend $100 on a new sheet

i was thinking where to place those last 2 LED strips and I found a spot for them, the side of the seats needed some lighting in that area...I may purchase some more later, I want to get them all wired up and view at night...the pics really dont show how good they glow

after I put those in my friend came by and I got to cutting on his $40k escalade installing his E&G grill and fender vents

with flash

the vents replace the black fins with mesh grill and black backing

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

You know I'm liking the Vogue's! !!!

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Got the HIDs installed today. The 6000k "Diamond White" color is more blue than I had envisioned, but I like them. They take about 10-15 seconds to completely warm up, but for $30 a pair shipped you can't beat it. They take 5 minutes to install and the power thingies tuck behind the headlights nicely. The stock plugs will go onto the power unit either way so if they don't work at first, flip it around so you get the polarity right.

Thanks for the tip Pimpin!

thats why I went with the 5000k's there pure white, no blue, no yellow

I made a mistake ordering my second pair for the High beams, i ordered the same kit for the lows by mistake the 9006 bulb when i needed the 9005 bulbs...i was going to return them but my friend with the green fleetwood wants them so ill order the 9005's another day

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    thats why I went with the 5000k's there pure white, no blue, no yellow
    Eh, I'll live with it. It's not too bad. Haven't seen them at night tho.

I might go with high beams, too. But in 5000K this time :-)

it got really cold yesterday but it didnt stop me ending up outside in 30 degree weather, lots of humidity to start wiring the LED's up...I got all but one finished, just have to get another few feet of wire and an on off switch and they will be ready for power...want to get a few more also

then I can hide all the wire and enjoy, after unplugging or taking the bulbs out all 4 door panels so I get rid of the yellow lighting...actually think ill just unplug from the housing and keep the light hooked up but behind the panel so the alarm knows if someone messes with it

well, managed to get pulled over 3 houses before home base last night...was drinking earlier..first thing he said was "hows it going tonight" i said "so far, so good"...i was hungry and burger king was closed so I turned and went the other way to goto another place, appearantly I failed to use a blinker, crossed the line which was to avoid a last minute idiot who made an illegal turn in front me and window tint.
    I told him i was almost home, he said "i would ask if you have any passengers, but i see theres no room" he ask me a few questions, ask me my weight and height for some reason, then says, im not going to ticket you, be safe.

now, i went straight home so no food, about to eat something then go figure this damn wiring out so I can have the LED's replace the door lights..think I have it figured out just gotta get it done now

then after that,finish my other friends escalade that was wrecked, have to put it together at work today side job, side job installing headrest TV's in an 02 impala and maybe some work on the green fleetwood

ok, green fleetwood has been put on hold till after christmas from what my friend said...

so i fooled with the LED's and such and was about to pull my hair out, had the right wires not wasnt hitting it right...went to my pro installer friend and in a few minutes it was all finished.

then i look down since the panel was off and my speaker cone seperated from the basket, he told me its common, not for me but common and to hot glue it back it would be fine so I done it to both speakers

knocked the headrest TV's out for my friends girl, then went back to work to finish my other friends escalade we worked on so i could back some quick side money

almost time to shower up and go get a drink

sounds good still

front bumper and fender needed repair, vent and grill had to come off

almost done, no finished pics witht he vent in but hes hella happy

94streetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy View Post
    Got the HIDs installed today. The 6000k "Diamond White" color is more blue than I had envisioned, but I like them. They take about 10-15 seconds to completely warm up, but for $30 a pair shipped you can't beat it. They take 5 minutes to install and the power thingies tuck behind the headlights nicely. The stock plugs will go onto the power unit either way so if they don't work at first, flip it around so you get the polarity right.

Thanks for the tip Pimpin!

can i get a link to these 30.00 hid's please!

these are the ones I ordered, these fit the low beams, you can order them for the high beams also.

9006 Low beams
    9005 High beams

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120587852736...S:1123&vxp=mtr

back to the DRL HID issues, this company not far from me sells what you need, they are expensive on everything they sell but they have what you need

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...ectifiers.aspx

this is how the lights hooked up, accidently hit the lock button first...I can also turn the lights on and off from the headlight switch

may add a few more down the line, not sure yet, just want the box and subs lit more in the middle but also no visible LEDs
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Dood, I didn't realize those were video links! I thought they were really bad pictures. Thankfully my follow on your bucket acct took me to them today. Looks really cool. Anyone else who didn't know, go back and click on them and they will play. (Or perhaps I was the only one who didn't get it)

yea, definitely videos.

put everything on hold so I can paint my brothers tank and 2 fenders for his motorcycle (christmas present)...traded his street bike for a cruiser so he could go ride with my uncle and friends.

was red now going to match his ford truck blue, had to fix a bunch of rock chips and such...sanded it down with 320, sealed it up, looked good

now the lights in one of the booths went out so i was painting in partial light, wasnt too bad but instead of checking with the light gun I just went off the eye cuz they looked good. cleared them and today put them in the sun, there were a few areas were it didnt fully cover and even though most ppl wouldnt notice, I cant send stuff out like that

so I spent the last 2 hours this morning wet sanding each piece with 600 grit, they are nice and smooth, going to tape them up, rebase them, check with the light, then clear them...since i done the 600 wet it will basically make the finally product extra smooth and cut down just about all the buffing unless some dust settles on it while drying

about to do the base and clear when lunch is over

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

They looked great! The lights and the cycle parts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.