CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 49
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; those are going to be for the mirror trunk sign, I ordered a bunch of 18" Red LED strips that ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

those are going to be for the mirror trunk sign, I ordered a bunch of 18" Red LED strips that im going to run on the inside of the car...should be here saturday

well, wired the gauges up, had a little mishap as the wire coming from the alternator to one of the batteries fell and of all places it could land, it landed on the battery hold down...so it made a nice spark show, meted the bolt and popped the 200amp fuse

had to get in there with a saw today, and work in a small area with not much visibility...replaced and all good

then since the gauges are only power and ground, I had to purchase 2 relays and wire them up so they go off with the car instead of staying on all the time

now I still have issue...when I get to 8 on the Bass or all the way to 15 the voltage drops way down... from around 13.9-14 down to low 11s I turned it down before finding out how low it would go

2 solutions, I was told that I could add a battery isolator so it will direct more of the alternator towards the rear batteries or I can figure a way to add a second alternator...I can pick one up off a scrap car for next to nothing and get it redone just like my current one

we'll see what happens

sloppy hole but I had a bunch of stuff to do

no pics or vids of the gauges right now

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    It was a good thing you had them fuses in there.

yea, that or they would have burned something up besides the fuse...still a pain to get to, but fixed and done

im a lil beyond intoxicated right now but I took this video earlier

this is with 0 bass...still has lots of bass but 0 on the bass increase

driving home tonight, seen my brothers friend, he messed with me and we talked while driving, telling him bout upping my alt ect...

he drove off I cranked it to 15 bass, it was fighting between 11-12 volts...he was 4 cars up, I cut it back and he text me saying ima go deaf... catch up to him and he said I was shaking his truck,and ill be deaf at 30...lol

trying to drive and focus on the gauges....0 bass its fine, up to +8 its pushing it after that its a fight between 11-12volts

this is 0 bass you can see a lil fluctuation but not much
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

I've had some decent setups but I cant imagine what it sounds like sitting in the front seat.

Gauges seems to be holding at ~13.6. Is that good or are you going for 14.4?

thats at "0" bass driving, can do that all day long when I turn the bass up to "8" it drops a bit anything after that 9-15 on the bass its fighting between 11-12 volts... needs to be steady between very high 12s to anything in the 13s

take a trip down here for mardi gras or were hosting several college football bowl games plus the superbowl, world of wheels, ect...come check it out...well go out get trashed, have a good time ect and you can fell, hear the system ect..welcome everyone who who wants a demo

im bout to find some food then goto sleep, ill post a full tilt 15 bass video tomorrow and show you what im talking about

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Man... either on my way OVER to Texas, or on my way back home (probably back home), I'm stopping for a demo of this beast if I have the time.

just give me a heads up and im down...video it and put it up on here

forgot to make a full tilt video, i was busy...

all my LED's came in today and ill try to get them installed as soon as possible but I have a bunch of side work tomorrow so we'll see

they nice and bright and almost had me upset as the package listed the color as "PURPLE" i tested them and they red so all is good

good voltage

heres just a video of me driving home last night around midnight, a lil on the road footage and a lil gauges...dont know what was playing

gonna go out in a minute and see if i can get a few LED's mounted but I know theres about to be a bunch of ppl coming over for sidework today, so money first

ok, since some work backed out cuz one person is very lazy and some pushed it back to tomorrow and monday...got a lil work done

I installed 6 of the 8 LED strips but havent wired them up as I need some more wire...I want to put the the last 2 somewhere but I dont want ppl to see them so its hard...may put them on the visors shooting toward the box...have 1 on each back door and 1 under each seat, 1 on each side of the dash

then cut and installed my mirror plexi but the clear side was destroyed, etched and rough...spent about 2 hours and 30 sheets of sandpaper, got it looking decent but you can see scratch marks from the sand paper still...ima have to resand it another time till the scratches are gone, then polish it out again and then clear it...all to save $100

18" LED strips, flexible and sticky tape ready

under driverside dash

driver seat

can kinda see these from the other side of the car, should light the box up at night pretty good as is with the floor

passenger dash

plexi about to be cut

will be trimmed out and such later, still no clue on what the sign will read

this was a pain in the ass

after wetsand

----------

still needs a lot of work on the plexi but I think its salvageable
    jounier11 and jounier11 like this.

In the video, I can see that you knocked down a street sign at :13. Those are pretty cool LEDs, didnt know they came in little stick on strips.

suprised I didnt hit a sign, I was a lil bit not ok to be driving...

and I got the LED's on ebay from future LED out of houston...you can get them in lengths from 2" to 24" and ive seen 16ft rolls also...every 3 LED's can be cut without damaging the strip if you need to cut them

right at $84 shipped for 8 18" red ones

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

That is gonna be sick. This is what I use to buff out hazing and scratches in plexiglass. The pads are Scotchbrite and we get them from a paint supplier and sell them in the kitchen dept. I cut them to size and they stick to the hook and loop pad. The white are the same as 0000 synthetic steel wool. Keep them wet with the Scratch out and buff them up.

we have red, gray and brown scotch brite pads at work...the mirror has a few haze marks which should come out, the rest is a circular scratch from the D/A sander...i figure since i done 320, ill slowly work with 400-600-1000-1500-2000 dont rush it, then compound and polish, and then finish it off with a clearcoat

other news, the passenger side seat and underdash neons did not pass the bass test, will have to either use some 3m double sided tape or some super glue to make sure it holds

heres a few flash and non flash pics, they light up the car nicely, I can see where I may use the last 2 and maybe even order some more

just fell right off, 2 out of 6 aint bad

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.