CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 48
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 76 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Thanks for the link pimpin!! I remember that one circulating. But, I want it all, rid myself of the DRL ...
    MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

Thanks for the link pimpin!! I remember that one circulating. But, I want it all, rid myself of the DRL and keep the auto functions.

-----If and when I figure it out I will certainly created a thread.

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
    My DTS has the DRL's through the low beams, so I wired the low beam power source to drive relays to power up the HID's so that they would work with the DRL's and the low beams.
    csbuckn and csbuckn like this.

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

ok, glued the gauges in...get some wire tomorrow and start wiring them up

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    Thanks for the link pimpin!! I remember that one circulating. But, I want it all, rid myself of the DRL and keep the auto functions.

-----If and when I figure it out I will certainly created a thread.
    What happens if you disconnect the DRL diode at the brake pedal? The limo doesn't have a diode, but the wire is there. The Twilight Sentinel works fine.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Thanks Turbo, I'll check that out when I return home!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    Thanks Turbo, I'll check that out when I return home!!!!
    It says that in order to replace the diode you have to remove the brake pedal bracket. But I would think you could get away with just unplugging it and leaving it there.

I have no clue on any of that...thankfully mine doesnt have DRL

now, I made a call today to the alternator guy, he said the parts just got in this morning...so I pulled the alt a few minutes ago...ready to drop it off tomorrow around 8:30...hopefully turn around time is quick like he said it would be and ill be on to better voltage...then I can wire the gauges up and see how much drop I have if any

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    ok, glued the gauges in...get some wire tomorrow and start wiring them up

That is perfect! Looks factory stock.

theres some small gaps on the side but its not noticable unless you look close...took a friend for a ride earlier and cranked it up...hes said, turn it down, then said, I need another old school to do this with...he wants mega sound

my friend with the green fleetwood hit me up earlier..hes having the trunk sprayed with a bed liner material...i was going to Re-Bag the vehicle but he now wants a small hydraulic setup, non hopping, so another place is going to do that...I however will be cutting the old decklid neon panel and installing the new bigger neons, wiring it all up, fixing all the sound and he wants the whole trunk trimmed out in mirror plexi glass and also have the amps mounted to the plexi...I have an awesome idea for what to do and in my mind looks killer...its if I can pull it off 100%, Ill have to make a new thread just for that when hes ready to do it
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

just my luck...go pick my alternator up, said on there bench it done 180amps which is great, he said no guarantees but b/c my car spins faster than there bench tester I could see more output...If voltage stays up when at max bass and volume then im good, as long as i dont smell burning voice coils...he also said I may want to invest in a battery isolator if it drops voltage so they will get equal power from the alt...

now my bad luck situation...I have no garage and its raining right now

nice, pretty and cleaned up

well, got lucky, rain started to slack off...got out in the rain and reinstalled it...dont be laughing at me standing on the sway bar using the hood to shield the rain either

now tomorrow ima get some wire and wire the gauges up, weather permitting

well, got lucky, rain started to slack off...got out in the rain and reinstalled it...dont be laughing at me standing on the sway bar using the hood to shield the rain either

now tomorrow ima get some wire and wire the gauges up, weather permitting
    Nice. So clean....

thanks, I try to keep everything as clean as i possibly can while still daily driving it and no garage.

got board and ordered a few 18" red LED strips...will hide them inside the car to light it up without seeing the LEDs

was going to wire the gauges up today but I got a call and an offer I couldnt refuse so I didnt get the wire and had a good time at the Hornets/Lakers Game even though new orleans lost, plus it was wet by my house so tomorrows another day

Plus we done a Good deed for the holiday season...all the suite food they were going to just throw away, my friend who brought me there, had them wrap it all up and on our way back we gave it to all the homeless ppl.

these tickets came compliments of Harrahs through his wife that has a host, they actually emailed me while there about my car wreck and after writing them a letter back, I informed them that I was at the game in their suite and I dont have a host, then I said, gotta get everything out of yall I can...she said shed call me in the morning

kicked back with some Jack and Coke

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

4 packs of lights came in yesterday... each pack has 2 12" red cold cathode tubes...i closed them in the trunk to view them but light coming through where the backseat should be prevents them from giving the full affect...at night and lighting a mirror plexi sign they should shine nicely...im going to use 6-8 on the sign...may purchase more later to throw under the seats or dash or somewhere to light the inside up...

4 packs shipped was $38

they come with extra wires to install in computer cases, i just snipped all that off...ill run them all together so i can work them with 1 switch

and on an even better note, i was about to purchase a piece of 1/4"x24"x48" mirror plexiglass for a trunk sign, my brother said he may have some at work so im hoping...thats $100 i can save right there
    Oh they'll shine plenty at night. I've had these exact lights in my Cadillac for years now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.