CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 46
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 76 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; theres a few spots I dont like with the tint but you have to get up right by the glass ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

theres a few spots I dont like with the tint but you have to get up right by the glass to see it, so for now, its staying as is

cleaned the sub wall paint, sun killed the pic, also wiped the vinyl and dash and everything done, windows and all on the inside

might add a lighter tint on the front later

got some lulz last night...met up with some friends and some dude they new, he was cool...as soon as we parked my boy ask if i have my bass hooked up...im like yea just finished the new setup...he says "good, set this motherf****R straight, put him in his place" then says "im tired of him saying he the loudest around" he gets free work from a shop sponsoring him

dude didnt close the door, when the bass hit, his face drooped and he got out said "man, you got me" he wasnt very loud at all, at least to me he wasnt

then driving around i had the bass down, we stopped again and he said "damn dude, you were shaking my headliner"

we hung out with some couple from texas, hot 50 yr old MILF lady got in my car, i knew what i was doing...cranked it and then turned it down...she said "turn it up again"...

done a demo at a gas station for some of my other boys who where going out as i was going home...might have a video from one of them later of just the car banging at the gas pumps

went to home depot today and grabbed some foam gasket for sealing windows and such...went a lil heavy on the driverside, should have went 2 layers on the lower door panels...went like 4 or 5 and it pushed out, i was able to force it back in though...2 on the passenger side was 100...its about 95% sealled off now...i know it is blowing through the 2 peice panel...may secure it another day and try seal it up

also made some quick "L" brackets to secure the trim panel...had some scrap and limited screws but its on

great, just great..banging last night and had a drop off in bass...think i burned an amp up...gonna go replace the fuses see what happens but i think its gonna have to be sent off....the other one will prolly go next...just hoping its fuses

i was about to buy some 6.5" sundown components but this is going to cut into that...not one thing its another

funny thing is i was still louder than anyone around with only one amp and sub
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

well good news "SO FAR" didnt have any 40 amp fuses but i put 2 30's a 25 and 10 and turned it on...amp lit up and was playing...b/c of not the right fuses I wont turn it up max till i get to work and grab some 40's

wont know if its fine or not till i rip on it...so far things looking good...hopefully it was i got it too hot and voltage drop popped them...hopefully

this is what happened when i tried to pull the fuses

now going to stare at the trunk for a lil bit and see what future mod I can come up with

if it aint one thing its another...put some 30amp fuses in the amp and played it at max volume but bass down as i do for normal driving...its still fine. dont want to blast it till i get the 40amp fuses for it. also a bigger alternator

on that subject. went to talk to a friend about boosting mine up...said mine is 140amp stock and they could get 200amps out of it but something with the case that they said it will build up excessive heat and it wont last long

so hes looking into other options for me...would like to just ad a second alt but i cant really find any room

then thinking what to buy..im bout to order 2 digital volt gauges to keep an eye on the back batteries/amps when its blasting...forgot what else I wanted to order

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Look into Tenny Alts. They should be able to do something for you.

my guy done some research and called me back today, for $200 he said he can get it to 200-220 amps, he wont know till he benches it but thats the route ima go

well i was going to buy some LED digital volt meters yesterday but everything I found was coming from hong kong or china...wasnt waiting 20-30 days on shipping

finally found exactly 2 in california...$15 shipped

then decided to finally order some HID's 5000k pure whites...im sure cops will start harassing me again

also had to buy a new heater for the house...old house doesnt have central air/heat and mine decided to break right before it gets real cold...more money spent

I was about to order my 2 sets of sundown 6.5"s but I get on the site today and presale is over so they went back to $200 a set...o well guess ill call and get my buddy to order them parts and bring him the alternator this week

what he told me today is I have a 140amp alt stock, said im prolly getting 120amps at most out of it...with the new parts I will have between 200-220, he said it prolly wont do the whole 220 though, hell only know after testing it...80 amps though is a big improvement

I told him I need it done kinda quick as its my only car, he said when im ready hell get the parts, bring it to him and hell have it done in a few hours, and I believe they also have a tumbler to clean the case and make it pretty

made the call this morning, said parts should be in by friday hopefully so ill pull it and bring it in in the morning, then pick it up and install it later that day

got tired of hearing a squeak that just started from the disc brake quiet getting washed off the back of the brake pads from high water around my work...I was about to regrease them and then the wear indicators started making noise so I got out and threw a new set of pads on.

waiting till friday to get my alternator done..like a kid waiting on christmas morning.

then contacted Harrahs again, im not playing when I said Im going higher and higher till i get to the top...last week was the asst or vice GM, she ran me around talking about the cameras are only for traffic and robberies and cant see damage cuz they black and white...well im sure red paint on a white vehicle looks like black marks to a B/W camera. if it cant see that how can it see a robbery and thankfully I wasnt getting robbed cuz they couldnt see that apearantly

now waiting to hear from the main GM

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    That's good that you don't take no for an answer.

Cadillacboy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Long time since I last checked in this cool topic . I like the idea of installing voltmeter as well .

i was supposed to get the alternator done today but when I called he said the parts havent arrived yet and with build time ect...im just going to have to wait till monday to get it done

have to get the gauges to see the size and where I can put them...then start planning for new mods

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    Didn't you have a car show or spl contest you wanted to be in this weekend?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.