CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 44
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; the pedestal seems like a perfect spot to install some mids and/or midbass speakers...
    pcm
    pcm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 brougham

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

the pedestal seems like a perfect spot to install some mids and/or midbass speakers

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

the pedestal will be covered with a trim panel so it would have to be in there...i may just make some custom pods on the doors or something...not sure right now

got the box to work, waiting on parts for a car so i may have time to get a lil work done on it...bass withdrawls, want it in for the weekend

Sanded and put a lil bondo on the box, sanded it smooth, added some putty and got it ready for primer...box is a lil dry in the port area but i really cant so much about it, all long as the front and a few inches in the port looks good, im fine

drying right now, if i have to reprime it tomorrow, im going to fix a few spots right by the port, if not im gonna shoot it and call it a day

also started to tint he rear door earlier...one mess up, now i need more tint...deciding on if im going to do it or have someone do it.

talismandave and talismandave like this.

bigm57ict is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1979 Coupe deVille

It's really coming along. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Did you ever find out who backed into you?

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Do you ever put cotton on the inside of your boxes? I've always liked how it sounds with cotton inside, especially with the windows rolled up.

the cotton or poly fill is for subs in a small box but need more air space than allowed...somehow slows the sound waves down...I dont need that b/c I built my box within recommended specs

as for the wreck, no one called me back, so i called after a while finally get through and they tell me the guy is on vacation till the end of the month...the lady takes my info, calls me back and says the tapes dont show anything...i told her let me talk to someone higher up, she said hell call you in a lil bit, never heard from him...called back, no answer...so i sent harrahs an email. they usually get back quick...waiting to hear from them now...if they dont show anything on the cameras, i might as well get an old car and go up and down and hit every car in the garage and leave..

anyway, still hoping...got to work today, started sanding the primer, boss pulls me to finish a car, go back to sanding he tried again but didnt order my part. so I got a lil bit done

sanded the primer smooth, laid some red sealer on and then the red base...has some imperfections but hopefully the clear and trim panel will hide them or make them less noticable in the car...just want to get this back in and have my music back + plus then I cant start on the trim panel

a lil dry at the top with sealer

its really hard getting inside the port and back wall, already got my hair in the sealer trying to lean in to spray it

----------

security just called me talking about how they couldnt see an actual impact for proof and that they report everything to police when they have proof ect ect...blowing smoke up my ass...guess im going to go higher and higher, eventually piss someone off

----------

just gotta find someone higher ups number

ok, cleared the box, got bit on the neck by a damn spider, hopefully isnt a bad one...got home and with the help of my neighbor and brother, i pulled the seat out and as they lifted the box, i pushed the pedestal under...its in, screwed it to the pedestal, now i have to later find a way to secure the whole thing so if i brake hard it doesnt move...

anyway

*PICS*

cleared, not perfect but im fine with it

still has a lil lean, o well, maybe ill correct it later, maybe not

feel much better now that I have bass and a lil more seat recline

might go saturday to my neighbors friends shop and have him tint the rear doors for me since i hate it so much

----------

im tired now, time to get a shower and go get a drink

lol, coming home after watching football and drinking...i noticed this guy looking and then get behind me...i turn into my neighborhood, which he also does...then i take the first left which is only turn you take if you live down there or going to the store, he follows me, i turn on the highway ahead....i already had my pistol ready rode up a few streets and he tried to follow but got caught by traffic....I hate ppl who think the jackers...ima end up killing some stupid person one day

i dont like using those stupid facebook?twitter whatever else shit but #alwaysready

He just wanted to tell you that your brake light exploded after you hit the really low note. lol
    Good thing you keep a good eye cause you're gonna be deaf soon. lol

really, if you gonna tail me, stay a few cars back, dont ride my bumper making turns you shouldnt...if i turn, drive past and circle around, hit the next street and find me...armatures

got out this morning for arts and crafts with my posterboard...only took 2 sheets to do what i needed, now i have to get it out of the car in one piece, transfer to a sheet of MDF and have fun with the Jigsaw, which, by the way is not with me so I guess ill have to wait till monday to get it back

its a start so far

the panels fit tight, obviously it wont fit with the wood like that and it will scratch stuff ect....this leaves me room during the cut and sanding...after I have it to the proper size and wrapped in vinyl, Im going to use a foam gasket for sealing windows and such to provide a nice seal

didnt take long either, prolly 1 hour max

well my friend was coming close by so i met up with him and got the jigsaw...just kinda free hand traced and mirror traced the templet...still have to cut the center for the subs and im not going to even test fit it right now b/c it needs a lot of sanding, but heres progress...only a few more days till bayou classic

whats even better is I thought id have to two-piece it...nope all one solid piece

hard to see but its traced on there

ok, a lil progress today, not much thanks to this getting dark too early crap

layed some tape on the box and used the 2" roll to roll as I drew a lin around the sub...just like the other templet I cut some paper strips, and went around the line...

pulled it off and transfered it to trim panel...man i really hope its right cuz I just went at it, no measuring ect...havent test fit it yet.

cut the center out, sanded the edges some and went inside

i want to round over the sub cutout with a router but I need to get a bit and figure out why the router isnt working right now

also bought some vinyl today, not an exact match but its close...weekend is getting closer

Damn bro, you be hustlin. Cant imagine what it would look like if you had the tools, time and light at home.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.