CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 43
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 76 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; yea it doesnt look super bad, you get up close you can see all the touch up paint though...i swear ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

yea it doesnt look super bad, you get up close you can see all the touch up paint though...i swear if i get a plate number you will see my car with 4 brand new shiny spoke rims and 4 spares on the side....hmmm maybe a lil more poke, nah just 4 new ones

I can understand maybe they were intoxicated and didnt want a DUI or somethin...just leave your info on a note and stick it on the windshield...nah you chose hit and run so now i have to track you down...yep ima get all new stuff for my car, as much as I can at least

provided I do get a plate number and get there insurance to pay up, the good out of it is, the molding was a junkyard one since my car didnt have one when i got it...it had some scratches so a new on will be nice, someone else also cracked the rear bumper molding and my cost is $250 so thatll be nice to...

and the icing on the cake, ill get paid to work on my stuff which is extremely rare
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

ok, nice day out, jumped up, hungover but managed to make a lil progress... have the passenger seat out, drivers side unbolted and pushed as far up to the dash as it can go....subs out and the box up and in place

after the football game ill try to get the wood out and saw, take a few measurements and get a base pedestal going...then i can start on the trim panel...once done that, pull it all out, cover the trim panel, bodywork and fix some issues with the box, tint the rear doors and back glass, then throw it all back together.

pics

i vacuumed the box before putting it in, look at the trash it picked up

straw wrapper

this is how i found the passenger seatbelt, completely out, all the nuts on the pass seat were loose, driverside was fine

i have used the factory jack for everything but lifting the car

getting there

hard to see with the sun, but this is through the back glass...why i need tint and a backup camera

dont question my methods, cinder blocks and wood scraps work fine...working with what I have

speaks for itself right here

----------

time to get some food and prepare for football, i think i can even get my seat to recline a few inches more now where the box is positioned

wont get back to this till after 3pm

watched the saints whip them undefeated falcons....now to try and beat the black clouds hovering over

ok, took some quick measurements, free handed everything out real quick, glue and nailed it together and threw it in the car...

i need to trim 4 spots, 2 in the front to bring it down a bit and it will allow me to push the box back a lil farther and 2 spots on the sides so it will fit snug

made one sorry ass mistake but its fixable...i decided to trim the sides with a sawzall, short bit, going slow and bam...SOB cut through the carpet and into both of my 0 Gauge power wires....tomorrow ill go get 2 0 Gauge fuses and patch that back up

I should be able to trim and get it back a few more inches which will also give me a few more inches of seat recline...

heres dark pics for now...need it all done for thanksgiving weekend, Bayou classic showing off

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post

i vacuumed the box before putting it in, look at the trash it picked up

straw wrapper

this is how i found the passenger seatbelt, completely out, all the nuts on the pass seat were loose, driverside was fine
    No panties at least!

You will have to start buying Locktite in the 55 gallon drum!

Looks like it belongs back there now good looking build-in!

just temporary right now...I have to pull it back out to do a lil trimming and fix the wires I cut...if the weather is good tomorrow, I may go buy some tint, pull everything out and get the back glass done...also have to fix the box in a few spots cosmetically and fill all the screw holes, get it prepped for primer and paint

have two weeks to get it done fully so i can go show off
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

didnt want to wait for to order some fuses and holders to patch them wires so I had to take it for these cheap ones from the audio shop... $53 lesson

and it stormed its ass of today, hopefully it wont be raining when i get home

----------

didnt want to wait for to order some fuses and holders to patch them wires so I had to take it for these cheap ones from the audio shop... $53 lesson

and it stormed its ass of today, hopefully it wont be raining when i get home

trying to tint the rear window in the cold with no light and high winds prolly wasnt the best idea...

guess ill try to do it tomorrow at work, put it inside and get to work, if it doesnt come out good then i guess ill end up paying a shop to do it...man i hate tinting

i pulled the box and pedestal out, cut the pedestal but havent fitted anything...ill do all that after the window is done...may fix the cut wires also

fixed the cut wires a lil while ago...im calling it a cold night now

stuff happens

200 amp in each holder

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Will you have easy access to the new fuses?

not really but they arent really needed besides a patch in the wire anyway...ill cut a hole in the side panel if i ever need to access them

got to work this morning, broke out the tint and for the most part, it went well...

there are a few fingers on the bottom of the tint giving a lil trouble but when i go back to work ima hit them with the heat gun, try to shrink them and push them down...

grabbed some 2.5% tint pack yesterday and well, its pretty damn dark

few of the fingers i need to make disappear

very few imperfections, all the fingers came out except one lil one...ima try so heat in a lil while to hopefully get rid of it...not to bad of a job for not only not tinting much, but i hate doing it

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

I'd say, not bad! Looks great!

From the little bit of tinting I did back in '77 on my van, I remember what a b*t*h it is to do those inside complex curved windows. (It seems bad memories stay with you a while.)

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

For the fuses that you just installed, would it be good to run a slightly high amp fuse so the smaller one up front blows first? I remember trying to tint my back window, took about 3 minutes to ruin the whole roll. Kudos to anybody that can put tint on without major issues. Looks good.

i have done a lil tinting usually on my own vehicles...not enough to be a pro but I know a few tricks of the trade...learned it after trying to tint my whole front majorly curved front windshield on my old 74 oldsmobile 98...

i used a heat gun to shrink the tint and conform it to the curve of the glass...really broke all the rules...tinted outside in wind, in the dusty shop ect...seems to be my best tint work...

theres only 1 finger left on the rear glass that keeps coming back...ill give it a few days, if all else fails ill slice it and over lap it.

got home after work and froze my fingers tinting the rear quarter glass, ran out of light now...then i fixed the box, ready to goto work tomorrow and if i have anytime, ill body work it, prime it and maybe get some paint on it.

and fuse wise, I could go with recommended or higher i just needed them to patch in the spot i messed up, i didnt fuse anything up front cuz honestly itll prolly bit me in the ass, but every vehicle ive done with sound, never blown a fuse, even when armature days you hook something up wrong and it sparks, pops and melts something. fuse never blew...the amps have there own fuses so thats good enough

PICS*

yes im driving my car around with only 1 seat

just finished, getting dark

fixed box that i messed up long time ago, cut the sides and chisseled it out

glued a board in there and screwed it down, then trimmed with a saw

looks a lil crooked, not worried with it, sounds fine and wont be noticable in less you really look for it

----------

once the box its painted, i can put everything back in the car and at least have bass again...2 days already having withdrawls, i know my ears loving it though...after that its just tinting the rear door glass and building/wrapping the trim panel...put the other seat back in...worry about extra mids/highs speakers later

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.