CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 41
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 75 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; got a laugh today...the kid 2 shows ago that had 6 sundown 12"S, ported in a 4 door tundra, walled ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

got a laugh today...the kid 2 shows ago that had 6 sundown 12"S, ported in a 4 door tundra, walled on a sundown 3500, big alternator, ect ect ect. his dad pays him big money to do good in school...all that money he spent and had a shop do he only managed a 145db, i beat him with my non walled 2 old 18's on 2 old 1500 amps, stock alternator. 148.2 on music...

so my friend was ribbing him about a cadillac beating him at the show...all he could say is "his box was ugly, im going to kick his ass next time"

so hes adding another $1000 amp, hell have 2 sundown 3500 amps...way more power than me, more cone area, more electrical...everything new and more

im saying this now, when im done i bet im still louder

camera finally came in, think im going to have to make a bracket so i can adjust it better, the one that came with it sucks...then i cahe to find a nice spot to mount it...Ill tell ya this, put it in the trunk and it looked like i had a light on in there...the infared is 100

heres a pic just to give you an idea of what ill have to work with after its walled...its just sitting on the 3rd brakelight cover right now

my phone didnt want to get a good shot of the screen, its clear though, non of those crosshatches on the screen

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Guide lines, I like it. Can't wait to see it finished!!

honestly wish it didnt have the lines, but not complaining...looks good night or day just a lil hard to see if the sun hits the screen in the car...might have to go against everything and tint the whole car

with the defrost lines and the tint that will be on the back. dont now how much ill have to cut away so i may just mount the camera either under the bumper or probale spot will be by the license plate

got home from work, checked for spots to mount the camera which ruled out all but one...couldnt go on top the plate cause theres nothing to mount to, couldnt go below the plate cuz it folds down...

so i found a spot under the bumper...not perfectly center but its mounted, done, and thats where its staying

drilled 2 holes

had to trim, modify bracket for adjustment

bracket mounted

hooked up and tested the view, GOOD

pretty small

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

That is pretty cool!!!

lights should be here in a few days, still havent bought any mirror plexiglass yet...might go buy some tint this weekend for when i pull the box out sunday...not looking forward to either of those things

pcm
    pcm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1990 brougham

very nice work, and a lot of people don't understand that just cause you spend more $$$ on audio don't mean it'll be louder or sound better.the design,install, and tuning is where it all matters. i need to get me a back up camera too my head unit is quipped for it.

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

That really is cool! You hardly see it under there it is so small. Really a great image on the screen, and I think the guide lines would be helpful.

guidelines are helpful, but not needed

and i tell ppl that all the time with audio...its in the install, you can have the best of everything but the wrong box or poorly built box will be your downfall...thats why im about to wall mine, even though its ridiculously loud. i know im losing db by pressurizing the whole cabin and trunk area.

I dont know who built his box, how they done it ect...didnt even really look at it, but ppl were trying to help him turning knobs and such on the amp...I offered to tune the amp with my meters correctly for him and he runs his mouth behind my back...cant wait to pay him back again

I was even going to do the tune for free just to help someone out...ill still help him and do it right but he gonna pay this time

quick search on youtube...heres his stuff...thought he told me he was gonna add another 3500 to cuz he only had one...either he misspoke or something cuz he has two...thats a damn shame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Srx...feature=fvwrel

pcm

wow that truck looks like it should be loud but something has to be wrong somewhere.i upload videos to youtube, my user name is mrcadillacpat if you want to check them out.i have a 1990 brougham with 2 solo x 18s but im pulling it out and going with 4 10s so i can add air ride

the white deville on air a few pics back, he recently added air and has 3 12"s in the trunk...sealed though

that box in your trunk is how i should have done mine when I had them in my trunk but I couldnt afford to give up that much space and didnt want to open the box and just see a huge box...

my lights came in quicker than expected, ill take a few pics later, still not looking forward to this box removal at all tomorrow

pcm

i hear ya on pulling the box it sucks for me too it weighs 320 lbs but ill get better gas mileage. too bad we live far apart, I'd be over helping when i could and its always easier with 4 eyes and 4 arms sometimes.

extra hands always helps...prolly have my brother and neighbor help...its in that 300lb range also...try to pull the subs to lighten the box up if i can...its not really the weight thats the issue, its that you have to get the box up high, on an angle and work it through the small doorway without tearing anything else up and smashing your fingers.

i want to get it done for the 10 for a show but dont think thats gonna happen...ima try, i can tint the windows, wrap and paint the box later...if i get it walled ill go put that kid in his place again

4 packs of lights came in yesterday... each pack has 2 12" red cold cathode tubes...i closed them in the trunk to view them but light coming through where the backseat should be prevents them from giving the full affect...at night and lighting a mirror plexi sign they should shine nicely...im going to use 6-8 on the sign...may purchase more later to throw under the seats or dash or somewhere to light the inside up...

4 packs shipped was $38

they come with extra wires to install in computer cases, i just snipped all that off...ill run them all together so i can work them with 1 switch

and on an even better note, i was about to purchase a piece of 1/4"x24"x48" mirror plexiglass for a trunk sign, my brother said he may have some at work so im hoping...thats $100 i can save right there

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.