CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 54 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by outsider that looks awesome man. your attention to detail is amazing. I'm more of a "That's good ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    that looks awesome man. your attention to detail is amazing. I'm more of a "That's good enough for me" kind of guy.
    i do that "sometimes", if your going to see it though i want it to look great, then ppl ask where i got that done it looks great, i tell them I do all my own work. thats when ya get buissness.

nothing can ever go without having some type of issue...when it came time to test fit it, everything fit except the brake light. so it was time to grind away. ill have to rework the underside a lil bit but nothing major, it looks weird right now, should look 100 times better when its painted and has the center peice

Barrister_07101 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB 'Blue Devil' , 95 FWB 'Black Beauty'

Don't stop with the info or the pics. Your skills are great, but its your knowledge and sharing that's impressing me.

actually between now and the last post I come up with an idea to make the back panel stand apart from other fleetwoods. your gonna have to wait before i say what im going to do.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrister_07101 View Post
    Don't stop with the info or the pics. Your skills are great, but its your knowledge and sharing that's impressing me.
    Yep, I second that. Love the pics and info.

ok, for today, i fix the bottom side where i chopped it up trying to make the brake light fit. I sanded and reprimed the whole piece so now all I have to do it sand it and throw it in the paint booth.

heres my new idea I came up with

cut the factory 3rd brake light in half so i have the mounting holes for the lights and the tabs to mount to the car

i had to do this as a way to light up my new brake light without all the headaches trying to build something else. it was to simple to go this route

hard to see but its installed

now this is a light defusser, you can pick this up anywhere, smooth on one side and bumpy on the other. we had a panel my brother broke so i took it and got an idea, layed some tape down to prevent any scratches to the finish. traced out about what i needed

sanded the edges down and test fit and for the 1st shot i impressed myself. now what im going to do is almost kandy paint like since it needs to be red and light up. im going to tint some clear with a few drops of my factory paint. test it on the other sheet and see how red yet transparent I can get it. then ill paint the cover. i will glue this in from the back for a nice look

I like how it covers the whole opening leaving no gaps

***UPDATE 7-14-2011****

i was kinda busy today with work, i did however sand the board the final time today after i reprimed it yesterday. looks pretty damn good. I also sanded the A-Pillar pieces that I put on the back Burner...I done that B/C someone put them on the ground inside our prep station and someone stepped on one and broke it clean off, so More work for me, I fixed it and hopefully tommorow if everything goes alright and im not to busy, ima try and blast some paint on those 3 parts and tint the 3rd brake light cover I made

Ok, MORE PICTURES

work pickup and its been raining all week except today so i managed to sneak it in and get the stuff painted while I had some spare time. havent put it together b/c it needs to dry and 2 specs of trash got in the main panel so I have to polish it out tomorrow, nothing major

Fixed the one someone broke and painted these finally

you can see the spec in this one, its common in painting, a lil 2000 grit rub, compound/polish and done

heres the light cover I made for the 3rd brake light, mixed a few drops of my factory color paint in some clear, 6 coats later, its red almost matching the car, but kandy like as you can see the writing on the can behind it still. so when its glued in. you wont see the lightbulbs behind it but when I press the brakes it should light up as bright as a factory 3rd brake light.

outsider is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

that's awesome man. you're creative with that stuff

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    when I press the brakes it should light up as bright as a factory 3rd brake light.
    +10 points. Makes one hell of a difference.

mjs182004 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 Brougham d' Elegance, 06 STS-V

That's just awesome!

mucho thanks, tommrow i have a good bit of work to do but ima try to get the lens glued in so i can get it in the car, then ill worry about the center section finding the right material to cover it in

the kandy effect i was going after turned out much better than I thought it would, and I didnt even test it first, i just wanted to get everything done so it was work or fail and i think it looks good,

when i get it in ill post a night time pic how it lights up...

worked my ass off today but I got some stuff done.

polished those nibs out the paint, looks great now. managed to find some free time to glue the light in. looks good. got it in the car with center piece in, still unfinished...

it was a pain in the ass to get the panel in and mount the light all at the same time but i got it done, made it alot harder than it should have cuz it was storming when i done it...because of the rain i still dont know what it looks like from the back or how it lights up...

finally stopped raining, glass is still a lil wet, also snapped the a-pillars back in

ok. im a lil drunk right now so bare with me, but heres the night time shots, close up adn away

pretty damn nice if i say so myself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.