CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 39
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 76 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; too bad the owner of the car is a bi-polar rich pric...still nice though made a call to one alternator ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

too bad the owner of the car is a bi-polar rich pric...still nice though

made a call to one alternator shop today and they told me I have a 140amp alternator but they dont make a kit to bump mine up (they cant get one so they say no one makes one)...gotta search some more...if anyone knows of a good rebuild kit that will fir my alternator that doesnt cost as much as a new H/O alt...let me know

now getting ideas together to wall the car using the existing box but deciding if im going to tint the rear windows or not and where im going to mount my old backup camera so i can see a lil behind me...think theres another sound show this weekend by work i may enter before i wall it

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

wall it or wallet?

about right...prolly gonna need $100 for the 3 sheets of MDF, i think i have some screws and glue left...then need to cover the panels, whatever that will cost for material....dont want to tint the windows but i dont think ill have a choice...then have to find a nice camera location

decided since i will be walling the car soon, I need to see behind me somehow and Ive been having a monkey vision backup camera for prolly 7 years, 5 of which its been sitting...i never put it on my car cuz one i can use mirrors, two, i didnt know where to put it...thought about where the trunk lock is but when the trunk is raised ill be looking at the sky, then i thought the license plate but if i add a continental kit then i have to extend and lower it...so the next best area is hidden and right now I dont knw how im going to finish it off.

I just free handed this to fit the camera earlier and went inside cuz the mosquitoes were tearing me up...

this isnt perfect and doesnt need to be....since there isnt much for the camera to grip to, ill prolly just glue it in there once i know the picture is level

hole for the wires to come through and centered up away from the hot bulbs

trimming away

I trimmed it out a lil wider and deeper so hopefully nothing blocks the camera...depending on how much of the hole shows. im either just going to cover it with some tape/cardboard or find a piece of pvc pipe, cut it longways and glue it under the camera then smooth it out...who knows

----------

o and this my friend mitch fleetwood in a new rap video for TI and lil wayne called "ball" the filmed it about 2 months ago....

this is the guy who has a 94 fleetwood, 12" of lift, 26" rims and almost 200k miles on the drivetrain and he ask me what i do that im on my 3rd transmission at 38k miles....almost 200k miles on the original trans and hes out there turning them big heavy rims and doing donuts for them....

anyway the song sucks but hes right about 26 seconds in...blue fleetwood, crazy shirtless tatted white boy

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/10/23/ti-...o-new-orleans/

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Your boy looks like he could be a problem.

hes an old family man...just goes to work, home and tattoos...that video and the movie contraband which they paid for but ddidnt use his car is the most hes done in a long time

Ain't that the way it goes...getting old does that to you. Cool spot to mount the camera.

going to try and finish it tomorrow and get it mounted back in the car so its one less thing to worry about

and this is not just a come on when in reverse camera, the way i wire it off the radio remote wire... when the radio comes on, the camera is on... i can view the camera at all times while driving or switch the view to the normal radio screen
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

always something to screw up...

set the camera up at work and made sure it was level and center on the screen...made a mark of dead center on the camera frame...had to trim more of the light out as you could see some plastic in the picture...done that...double checked at home that the camera was still center on the screen...glued it in and walla...not centered...not too bad but enough to annoy me...also i trimmed the hole with a hotel card and that can be seen on one side also....i think im going to have to break the camera out some how it i can and redue glue it

notched top to tighten the ring

had to flat spot the plastic spacers to fit snug

glued in with superglue and activator

trimmed the back so the wires didnt bind

card, glued and shaved down flush

hard to see but the camera all over is glued with a 2 part epoxy

hoping maybe some heat and pliers twisting i can break the camera free and try again

I don't know if you are off up and down or side to side, but perhaps you could just shim under it or sand away some material from the light frame to adjust a little?

thought about that, it was trial and error and I we all know im not a fan of the 3rd brake light in these cars so I think error got me and now the trash has it....Ill just get an up to date camera off ebay for about $20 with night vision and go that route

if today couldnt screw me more...grabbed 2 sheets of 3/4 MDF from home depot...everything looked fine till we unloaded it at the house...on the bottom side of one of the sheets it looks like they tagged it with the fork lift so tomorrow it goes back

----------

might order up some 12" red cold cathode tubes for custom lighting later on also

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Nola, do you like MDF better then plexiglass? Is plexiglass supposed to be better or is that more for looks?

I have no idea of the sound value, but plexi in 1/4in is $ squared!

yea plexi would be nice but id need about $2-3k to build the box out of it...3/4" mdf is $32 a sheet here, birch which is better all around is $45 a sheet...1/4" plexi would blow apart if it could even handle holding the subs alone.

I will be purchasing some 1/4" plexi but it will be mirrored plexi to do a trunk sign, thats all

this is the camera I ordered, has night vision also which will be a huge improvement over the last camera and for $18, cant pass it up...guy at my shop has one so i new how the quality would be.

prolly just make a quick black trim panel where the 3rd brake light was then incorporate the camera in the center, well see.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Nice camera. I saw a dual lens dash cam and thought it would be perfect for you. One lens was built in and the other was a remote mount lens. The DVR has an output for your deck also. It has motion detect recording too. I think that would be another option for you. Here's the link to it, would work perfect for your setup.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-720P-Dual...80930117533%26

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.