Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

199K views 1K replies 54 participants last post by  CPN504 
#1 ·
since several people asked me too...ill start from the beginning, its in progress so as I do more work ill update it.

this is my 1st time seeing the car when a co-worker found it after i told him a few different models i was interested in. took a month to get in touch with him cuz no one lived at the house.

was really dirty from sitting all them years after the owner passed away. the uncle didnt want to fool with it and it wouldnt start. he said make an offer. I made an offer for $1000 how it sits with 16,495 miles on the odometer, he accepted and i towed it home a few days later. dropped the fuel tank and put a new fuel pump in, cleaned the injectors and it fired right up the first day i got it home.

then i gave it a good cleaning inside and out

started with the chrome rocker moldings

cleaned the factory dry-rotted tires and rolled them for a few months till i had a blow-out

carpet was kinda funky so i pulled it out and cleaned it, new jute and it put it back in, good time to run some wires for the radio and future stereo

cleaned up shortly after i got it, sitting next to my lil mini truck

still had the other guys handicap plate

looks pretty nice on the underside

not long after getting the car I had to change the tires and A/C compressor was leaking out the seal.

First Day of driving it i had to clean the engine. this is what it looks like 365 a year. gets a lil dusty but i just clean it again

See less See more
#927 ·
no one is exempt, this old guy cxame in today for some touchup paint, asked about my car, so we talking and hes saying how nice it looks, then he sees the sub wall and ask me if id turn it on ( he really had to beg me to do it, lol) anyway i told him it was really loud multiple times and that i film ppl's reactions...got in the car and told him again how loud it was and he was fine with it...thats it you go that far, no one gets a break.

after the video he said " wow, i thought i was having a stroke, that thing is loud but it sounds good" then him and his friend both praised the car and continued talking like nothing happened

it may upset some ppl here but i told him multiple times it was loud, he wanted to hear it

#930 ·
not much to report, had a me weekend with no sidework and some 4 wheeling. want to get some progress on the console but its storming like theres no end right now.

do have some other pics though, my friend put a new motor in his car and with 500 miles on it, took it on a nice long ride down here to show off for french quarter fest...he wants me to get him a price to block it laser straight and shoot it black

id drive this car till the wheels fell off, o and he has the original numbers matching motor that still runs

#931 ·
Hey man, thumbing through your pics and your doing some great stuff. I'm in mid city and have a '71 deville, Complete and original, I'm looking to bring back to glory. Usual rear quarter rust, back window and trunk pan. Can you point me towards someone that might help me out and not over charge?

#932 ·
we can do anything you want, the back window is a pain though, one of the reasons i sold my 68, didnt feel like messing with it...im in metairie, id say bring it by and let us look at it and we can give you a price. what about the lower fenders and doors, they rusted there to.

I can pass by to and look at it to see how much work is involved.

#933 ·
Lower fenders are good, one rear door has rusted out at the bottom, but is solid everywhere else. What's the name of your shop? I might be able to swing by. Got some front end work to finish up, but it runs with no problem

----------

Dent in the driver side rear quarter too. My main concern is stopping the water from getting in right now though

#935 ·
ok, been real burnt out on working on the car, but i treated my self to something today and its upgrading the audio, this setup is going to be the last one i do for a long time as i think its going to be too much already.

let this pic speak for itself, for anyone who knows about car audio, on bad thing is I spent $1,040 and wont get to see my stuff till the end of june

thats not all though, im going to take some strain off the electrical system by swapping the 2 1500's running at .5ohms about 3400watts and get more power when i order the Sundown NS-1 which ill run at 1ohm and get 6500watts

downside is the amp is $1,500, gotta build another box which im gonna tune to 32hertz, and maybe another run of 0 Gauge.

then since the interior has to come out anyway, i may pull the dash and re-dye the tan color, and also swapping the brown carpet out for some exterior red color carpet.

I cant wait

#937 ·
6500rms at 1ohm at 12volts...you can run it at .5ohms for more power and it will also take up to 19volts if you have a capable dedicated alternator

the subs are 1750 rms and I know will take way more as the older z3 model, my friend has 4 15"s that are rated for 1500rms and he has them taking over 3500 each daily

with the 6500watt amp I can run them at 1ohm to take the strain of the electrical greatly and will have plenty power to give them. 3,250rms each is alot, I can also if need be, wire the subs to .5ohm for some serious power.

now i have to make a decision b/c presale ends this month for the amp and then the price goes up, im in the have the money but dont wanna spend it right now mood, but i think ima pull the trigger soon and just recoup the money later

what i like about the NS-1 is the 3 power and ground 0 gauge inputs

#940 ·
were going to find out soon, Didnt want to miss out on the presale or forget or whatever so I pulled the trigger

just sucks that i spent $1,040 and wont get it till the end of june, but the amp will ship at the end of the month so I can prep for that and even hook it up to the current subs if I feel like it, just set it low or ill have some paper weights.

o and my friend Jerry, the 4 15"s he has on 14,000watts with the port right behind the driver. just nasty

let me get some of this money back and then ill start building a new braced up box, also have to wait on sub specs before i can think of doing that

#945 ·
you must be a mind reader, i was about to give a small update today.

hurt my back at work 2 weeks ago and been pretty much useless, only missed 2 days work, feeling much better and slowly working but only at my job...havent really touched the car. i see that console everyday and havent touched it...I did pull the trunk pod out a while back also, gonna rebuild that

but for the good update, this thing arrived this morning

this big 35lb SOB

now i have to wait till end of june for the subs to be shipped, If sundown would release the sub specs, id get started on a new box, that would give me time to build, paint it ect.

im tired of the tablet sitting on the floor anyway so I need to get something done with the console soon. miss my drink holder to

----------

o, and I told yall a while back how they used my friends green fleetwood in the movie "Parker" well even though its not out on dvd yet, heres the 2 shots they used it in

#946 ·
Cool. Was thinking of bumping the thread about a week ago, and then my follow on photobucket popped up a few photos from you so I figured you would be posting soon.

Sorry to hear about the back. It's a bitch being so young and having back problems. I got injured on the job at 19 and have had a "glass back" ever since. I look the wrong way and it can give me fits for a week!:lol:

#947 ·
well, another damn set back

right after I post an update, the next day my PC dies and guess who didnt have his stuff backed up, "This guy" so i lost about 120 movies, 70,000+ songs and $750 buying a new PC tower...one way or another im getting into that harddrive cuz some of the music I cant get anywhere

#950 ·
you can also try just yanking the drive, putting it in an external USB enclosure, and hooking it up to the new pc that way to recover everything. If the old pc died because of hardware failure other than the HDD, this'll work. If it died because the portion of the drive that boots it up (master boot record), this'll work too although that kind of corruption means other sectors may start getting corrupted also. Still, you'd be surprised how much you can still recover by just converting it to an external drive.

If the drive just won't spin up, or makes crazy grinding noises, then that's pretty much the point where you're more than likely SOL.

#951 ·
I've done this before, too. The boot sector on my hard drive went belly-up. I bought a new hard drive and installed it as the master. Then I plugged the old one in as a secondary drive. It worked great. I was able to get all the data off the drive.
If you only want to recover the data, you don't need to set it up as an external drive, in an enclosure, etc. This is only if you want to continue using the old drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.