Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

199K views 1K replies 54 participants last post by  CPN504 
#1 ·
since several people asked me too...ill start from the beginning, its in progress so as I do more work ill update it.

this is my 1st time seeing the car when a co-worker found it after i told him a few different models i was interested in. took a month to get in touch with him cuz no one lived at the house.

was really dirty from sitting all them years after the owner passed away. the uncle didnt want to fool with it and it wouldnt start. he said make an offer. I made an offer for $1000 how it sits with 16,495 miles on the odometer, he accepted and i towed it home a few days later. dropped the fuel tank and put a new fuel pump in, cleaned the injectors and it fired right up the first day i got it home.

then i gave it a good cleaning inside and out

started with the chrome rocker moldings

cleaned the factory dry-rotted tires and rolled them for a few months till i had a blow-out

carpet was kinda funky so i pulled it out and cleaned it, new jute and it put it back in, good time to run some wires for the radio and future stereo

cleaned up shortly after i got it, sitting next to my lil mini truck

still had the other guys handicap plate

looks pretty nice on the underside

not long after getting the car I had to change the tires and A/C compressor was leaking out the seal.

First Day of driving it i had to clean the engine. this is what it looks like 365 a year. gets a lil dusty but i just clean it again

See less See more
#905 ·
i have seen a lot in black leather and dark wood grain, a few in tan like the one i got, thats really the only two colors i have seen but it was an option for any color those year eldorados...but all the previous ones ive found the leather was worn, worn grain chipped or showing age and a $350+ price tag...

#910 ·
line driver came in faster than expected, got it yesterday instead of the april 2 delivery date, so thats a win, went out and pulled the driver seat, squeezed in the back seat area and wired it up, that and the dual USB hookup were the last two pieces I had left so everything for the tablet is done, i havent set the gain on the line driver but did test it and its 100...so now its on to the console when i have some spare time.

USB hanging there cuz the ashtray was cut up for the switches, all will be hidden

#911 ·
ok, wheel came in today, pulled the factory one

96LT1 those pieces you talking about, i was able to unscrew them from my factory wheel, on the new wheel the opening on the back of the wheel has a restriction made into and uses small and shorter screws, maybe tomorrow im going to grind the heads of the screws down so they fit in there and be able to mount the airbag when im ready

I have to dye the airbag to match the wheel leather and then water transfer the wood with a burlwood pattern and it will be done

#913 ·
thanks, i ground the bolt heads down this morning at work, the bolt head fits now but one last small, minor issue, the bolts have a threaded end and the middle is smooth but larger in diameter, im going to have to enlarge the 4 holes on the wheel so they can pass through, doesnt have to go much and theres plenty to drill.

about to go get a price on the water transfer in a lil while also

#914 ·
got the pieces installed in the wheel, trying to find some color to do the airbag and ran into another issue

I guess i have 4 choices now since the guy who does water transfer is obviously on a generic system. he says his burlwood is red and wont match mine. im pretty sure you print what you want and lay it on so he must have preinstalled images and dont want to upgrade or go outside the box

so my 4 choices are...leave it as is with mismatched wood...do all the wood in the car...paint it to match my car...search for someone else

#917 ·
its close, he says they have "dark burlwood" but its red like lexus wood, that wont work...i know another guy who does it if hes still in buissness, i helped him a bunch back in the day and when i ask for a hook up for all my help, hes like yea ok and the price i get i can get cheaper from unknown ppl...if he can get it close though i cant really do much but pay it

and im not going to replace all the wood with veneer, if anything i would pull it all out and water transfer it all to match

now there is a show july 20-21 called Pandemonium, been around for years but they moved it from upstate to near me last year, i am really thinking of rebuilding my current box but really beefing it up with bracing and such, repainting it and then upgrading to the new Fi BL 18"s...should cost about $950 for the box materials and subs...

i only wanna have a strong fresh setup for the stereo comp as I know the guy who saisd my box was ugly when i beat him with all his new and more stuff, hes gonna be there and i wanna shit on him again

maybe upgrade the amps too

might have some subs and amps available soon

#920 ·
not much going on right now, tired from partying this weekend and theres plenty more to come with a bunch of festivals

heres a pic of the woodgrain from the outside, got the color to do the airbag but have to order a few additives to be able to do it wont get to order them till monday... i think going with all lighter wood will look alot better than the dark so well see what happens there.

been awhile now even though both are dirty in the pic, this is the bike i painted, finally side by side and some sun out, way different from the first pic

#921 ·
well, good and bad happened

got the interior paint and its a pretty good match...cleaned the airbag, put some adhesion promoter on it and painted it up

looks real good, installed it when i got home and its peeling like the adhesion promoter was bad or something....which means ill have to strip it down again which is a pain in the ass and then respray...ill do that another day

see at the bottom corners it peeled

#923 ·
3 peices on the dash, the 2 spears and instrument cluster and each door has a lil bit, i would have to do the wheel too so it all matches though.

and im hoping that if i get some time tomorrow that a lil thinner will wipe it off and i can try it again.

ever since i got my car it had 2 spots on the dash where the color was disappearing. iver the years its gotten worse, im really thinking of soon, ordering some more of the interior paint and pulling the dash to respray it. only $32 a pint and the shop is buying it so why not, prolly need a quart or 2 to do the whole thing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.