Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

199K views 1K replies 54 participants last post by  CPN504 
#1 ·
since several people asked me too...ill start from the beginning, its in progress so as I do more work ill update it.

this is my 1st time seeing the car when a co-worker found it after i told him a few different models i was interested in. took a month to get in touch with him cuz no one lived at the house.

was really dirty from sitting all them years after the owner passed away. the uncle didnt want to fool with it and it wouldnt start. he said make an offer. I made an offer for $1000 how it sits with 16,495 miles on the odometer, he accepted and i towed it home a few days later. dropped the fuel tank and put a new fuel pump in, cleaned the injectors and it fired right up the first day i got it home.

then i gave it a good cleaning inside and out

started with the chrome rocker moldings

cleaned the factory dry-rotted tires and rolled them for a few months till i had a blow-out

carpet was kinda funky so i pulled it out and cleaned it, new jute and it put it back in, good time to run some wires for the radio and future stereo

cleaned up shortly after i got it, sitting next to my lil mini truck

still had the other guys handicap plate

looks pretty nice on the underside

not long after getting the car I had to change the tires and A/C compressor was leaking out the seal.

First Day of driving it i had to clean the engine. this is what it looks like 365 a year. gets a lil dusty but i just clean it again

See less See more
#847 ·
Unbelievable. The custom work is masterful, with nothing less than the very best craftsmanship and artistry. From the tweeter placement, to the stock look of the Dakota air gauge and embedded voltage gauges, this is nothing short of pure genius. Well done.

#848 ·
thanks, wait till you see the console, its just an idea in my head now but hopefully soon ill get to work on it...and to show that nothing goes to waste.

this plastic piece that is sewn into the seat holds the seatbelt in place. since this is a passenger seat modified to fit the driverside, that piece is on the outside...if i cut it off, i have holes in the seat...well i found it to be a damn perfect place to hold my gun and not be visible from looking through the windows or if a jacker tries to take the car... he wont see it coming

almost like it was a factory cadillac option, lol

#852 ·
yea a sigma 9mm with 2 16rnd mags plus 1 always in the chamber...not my favorite but it was the right price years ago

and id rather them not see it coming from the console as im sure they would be anticipating that...the way my car sits low and i get out of it, its in a perfect spot. if they have anything other than a gun, they screwed, if they have a gun and dont shoot, im giving the car up no questions asked.

the spot with the gun is perfect for me cuz when i get out the car i always tilt the wheel up, open the door with my left and my right arm goes low as i kind of turn and roll to get out. when i do that my right hand is always in that general area and my left is on the B-Pillar...just works for me i guess

worse comes to worse, im not perfect with my left hand but the gun has very little recoil so it is left hand friendly...close combat its good

#854 ·
spent a few dollars on one specific part for the console today. need a few other things to complete it and then i can start building...have to recoup some money after what i just spent and mardi gras time what im going to spend "balcony on bourban" again saturday with open bar and catered buffet..have a check this week that will get that money back, then maybe ill do my taxes soon and send that off too.

#855 ·
after spending about $580 on one specific part for the console, I had to buy another $100 in parts to hopefully make it work as ive never done this before...going to pull a part later today and going to see if they have something i really want to use...then depending on space im thinking of taking the digital air gauge out of the roof, smooth and painting the plastic trim on the roof panel and putting the gauge somewhere in the console.

im all ready to do this just waiting on parts

----------

sidework is helping a lil with the cost also...already done a oil change today, have a convertible top on a chrysler i have to fix, its low on fluid and a brake job on the way now.

balcony on bourban street tonight...gonna be busy

#856 ·
I don't know - I really liked the air gauge in the overhead roof display. It looked like factory fit and finish; yet I suppose you're cooking up something even better. Have a good time down there and stay out of trouble. Guns, booze, Cadillacs, fried okra, and New Orleans. Love it. What more could anyone want?

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"

#858 ·
its not set in stone that im moving it, I may, depends on room in the console with all thats going to go in it.

2 parts came in but 1 was wrong (my fault) may check radioshack or amazon to try and find the correct one, another day though.

didnt make it to the pull a part cuz of sidework and needed rest after last night. made a quick $110 today though, 1 job cancelled 2 out of 3 not bad

and Cadillac_Fan you hit just about everything on the head there except the reason for the balcony and a dufflebag full of beads

"TIT TAYS"

----------

just went and checked the other part im waiting on...the part i ordered wrong i dont even need, waste of $5 but i will need to go get a special cable from bestbuy or somewhere

#861 ·
didnt take many pics as i was drunk, didnt want to drop my phone and my eyes where on other things...very very nice

looks a lil packed, hey theres waldo

we had these ladies standing by us 3 of 4 looks real good. sowed them how to make the ppl work for the beads and 2 of them wanted to see the girls topless...they fit right in

#862 ·
went to the pull a part today, found a STS with a floor shifter for the center console, yep going that route...get this thing out which was a paint cuz the seats and such couldnt move to get the console out or shift the handle back to get the trim off...

anyway i get it out, cut the cable and all...needs to be cleaned real good...walking out i find another STS but this one has a wood knob. i wasnt going to pull that shifter to so i tried just getting the shift knob, messed it up and still dont know how it comes off, unless it has to be in neutral which wasnt happening....

all in all, one part closer...shifter $20, grabbed a garage opener roof trim in case i move that air gauge, $4 and the panel under the stearing wheel i grabbed for my friend $9.45

#865 ·
the "drills" i have all need new batteries, so it prolly wouldnt get them moved enough before dying on me...either way i got it...guess ill have to shell out $30 for a wood shift knob on ebay since the other got messed up...I have to figure out now also what cable to use to work that shifter to my trans...maybe a universal one from B&M

----------

Won't 18 volts harm the seat motors?
thats someone elses problem, if it moves it to make it easier for me and i dont need them, yep, someone elses problem

#869 ·
yea i found out after i messed it up, you actually have to wiggle it and pull up till it releases the clip inside the knob....all the other cars i worked with you either unscrew them or pop the chrome trim around the base of the knob down and remove 2 screws

as i was watching TV earlier a few more ideas came to mind for the console...need to get some wood and get to work but rain and cold right now has me not motivated at the moment

this new idea will have a second spot for my gun, wallet, change ect...cops may not appreciate it though...well find out soon

#871 ·
worked on the green fleet yesterday, had a wire come loose on a relay for the neons and such, had to pull the seat and do a better job of securing the crimp to the relay, thats fixed, then he goes to start it and the batteries are dead, the underhood was shot the new optima was drained...pulled his alt and got it tested and it was bad so I installed a new one for him, have to change some lines next week that are leaking oil on the driverside coming from the radiator to the oil filter.

then he decided hes going to go airbags instead of hydros for now so ill prolly do that.

good coming out of it, he has 2 actuators collecting dust, told him i need one for something im doing on my console, he said "Take them" so that saves me a big chunk of change

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.