CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 33
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 76 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; had to use an old trick on for some seals it requires a $200 special tool to install 4 seals ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

had to use an old trick on for some seals

it requires a $200 special tool to install 4 seals on the shaft...you can stretch them a bit if you dont have the tool but then they fit loose, so right now i have them wrapped in plastic then tightened with a hose clamp...

once they shrink back down i can slap the new clutch assy in.

ill fool with it some more tonight, have the pump apart and soaking right now, all that is left is rebuild the pump, valve body and install a drain plug, clean and install the tailshaft

took the clamps off last night, and the set the plastic seals perfect

pump disassembled and cleaned

minor set back on the trans build, only fool with it a lil each day late at night...

got the pump fully assembled and on the side, the trans shop forgot to include a main piece in the kit, we got back and they sold us 2 wrong parts, they were for a 97 up 4l60e transmission...so we went back, the guy apologized and gave us the correct part and made a note b/c everyone who bought that year kit didnt get the replacement part...so later ill jump back on it and get a lil more done

disassembled the valve body, cleaned it,rebuilt it and changed a few springs for the shift correction kit, have to finish tightening it on...have to build 1 drum with the clutches and steels that gave a few issues...going out tonight so i may work on it tomorrow

also the guy i work with who found my fleetwood for me, found another, it has some cosmetic damage and missing a skirt and looks to have been sitting for years, tags expired in 2010...i dont know if it runs but im going to try and get it for some parts. ill swap the bad stuff from mine if it has better parts and then flip it for a few dollars if i can get it for a few hundred, if they even want to sell it

Cadillacboy and Cadillacboy like this.

after a long party week i felt a lil tired...got the drum in that was giving a few issues...now we are on hurricane watch so doing laundry now and picking stuff up in the yard for when the high winds come...might slack off on this for a minute, then again the shed is build pretty damn sturdy so well see

ready for one more clutch basket, then 1-2 band can be locked in and put the pump in...have to finish building the accumulator and tighten the valve body, install a drain plug in the pan and bolt it up...order a new convertor and it will be ready to remove the old one, flush the cooler and install the rebuilt one

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

If you pick up that parts car let me know....

i stopped by and no one answered so once this hurricane hits and goes and everything is cleaned up, i may pass back and try again...i really wanted a good front bumper but this one is damaged, I can use a few things off of the bumper and a few other pieces on the car like the driver headlight and filler panel on top the bumper...what are you looking for....and again like i said, "if they even want to sell it"

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Subscribing. I may be in on some parts too!!

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    i stopped by and no one answered so once this hurricane hits and goes and everything is cleaned up, i may pass back and try again...i really wanted a good front bumper but this one is damaged, I can use a few things off of the bumper and a few other pieces on the car like the driver headlight and filler panel on top the bumper...what are you looking for....and again like i said, "if they even want to sell it"
    I need the plastic inner fender stuff - it ties the lower fender and trim together ahead of the front wheels. I have a long list of random stuff, too, but the inner fender trim is the biggest thing.

Hoping Isaac passes you by...

its coming right for us, direct hit on new orleans figure a storm several hundred miles across and im a few miles from new orleans itself, metairie boarders new orleans

and those parts i need also, seems every car i find doesnt have them...im not too worried about them for my car though

distance between them 2 "x"s is about 7 miles...so now go look at the news or a pic on the internet and see where its going...direct hit...bad thing is im working half day tomorrow, wont have work wednesday and we commission so ima have a crappy check this week

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Good luck Pimpin and keep your head down!!!

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Best of luck.

everythings picked up, boarded up...nice breeze outside, a lil drizzle of rain...now just sit back and wait till its over

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy View Post
    I need the plastic inner fender stuff - it ties the lower fender and trim together ahead of the front wheels. I have a long list of random stuff, too, but the inner fender trim is the biggest thing.
    I'm not sure what else is missing on my car. The lower chrome trim is held on with baling wire attached to the headlight housing. I was really hoping to get an in-tact parts car to swap stuff over, otherwise I'm just guessing at what it should look like.

Good luck with the storm. The media likes to sensationalize it, hopefully it will be a non-event for you.

yea, it finally turned into a hurricane, hits land at 7pm tonight so all through the night and tomorrow there will be high wind and heavy rain...im just pissed cuz im not going to make a check cuz of this

and that was my idea with car, swap good stuff with my slightly damaged stuff then sell it...the rear quarter chrome moldings, driver headlight are definatly mine if i get the car...i might swap all the plastics to mine that are under the hood so i can paint mine then swap them back out

other good news, the transmission is 98% done...got the basket in. pump in, valve body tightened down, filter in, all electronics hooked up

only have to clean the pan, install a drain plug for future times makes it easy, install that and the accumulator and a new convertor and "HOPEFULLY" it works correctly...

<--this guy is not a transmission man

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.