Cadillac Owners Forum banner

CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

199K views 1K replies 54 participants last post by  CPN504 
#1 ·
since several people asked me too...ill start from the beginning, its in progress so as I do more work ill update it.

this is my 1st time seeing the car when a co-worker found it after i told him a few different models i was interested in. took a month to get in touch with him cuz no one lived at the house.

was really dirty from sitting all them years after the owner passed away. the uncle didnt want to fool with it and it wouldnt start. he said make an offer. I made an offer for $1000 how it sits with 16,495 miles on the odometer, he accepted and i towed it home a few days later. dropped the fuel tank and put a new fuel pump in, cleaned the injectors and it fired right up the first day i got it home.

then i gave it a good cleaning inside and out

started with the chrome rocker moldings

cleaned the factory dry-rotted tires and rolled them for a few months till i had a blow-out

carpet was kinda funky so i pulled it out and cleaned it, new jute and it put it back in, good time to run some wires for the radio and future stereo

cleaned up shortly after i got it, sitting next to my lil mini truck

still had the other guys handicap plate

looks pretty nice on the underside

not long after getting the car I had to change the tires and A/C compressor was leaking out the seal.

First Day of driving it i had to clean the engine. this is what it looks like 365 a year. gets a lil dusty but i just clean it again

See less See more
#821 ·
ok, my hands are burnt from the dremel tool, for whatever reason the airsaw would not do anything to the skirt, it did trim the plastic backing and gray piece nicely but thats it...and the dremel tool with a metl cutoff blade took forever, had to let the tool cool down 3 different times...but ONE is done...ill do the 2nd one at work or at home tomorrow, may have something to make the job easier there.

many may not like the look but you have to do this to lower the cxar with these rims and skirts and now i can lower the back down again and not worry about knocking the caps loose...also needed for whenever i get the airbags installed so i can lay it out.

see how bent it is from bottoming out on the rim

looks weird cuz i had to air the shocks up when i put them other 2 batteries in...ill let the air out and lower it tomorrow

2nd is ready for cutting, tomorrow

#823 ·
the skirts where taking a beating but when i added the other 2 batteries i had to air the shocks up more b/c it was knocking the caps off when i turned up curbs...i didnt like the sky high look and also it has to be done for when the airbags get put on...no ways around that, it has to be done.

finished the passenger side then lowered it back down....so far everything clears on curbs and bumps

airbags will bring it lower which will put the skirt almost on the rim when its layed out

----------

then my friend wants the trunk piece black, i showed him it was cracked, of course i pick it up and it breaks in half...so, im repairing it now, then can prep it and shoot a fresh coat of gloss black on it and the push buttons to hold it down

#824 ·
ok, everything is still going slow, my air ratchet broke so im bout to go reuild that, thats how i make money so its first in line.

glued that back panel the other day, have to find time to paint it now as work has increased slightly...you might see the crack after paint if you look close but thats the best i can do

now that the panel has fully dried with fixing the professional shops garbage work...I put it in, made a quick bracket out of 2x4s and turnbuckles that ill eventually square up and hide at another time...

lower grills are drying from being glued back on, didnt feel like removing the speakers and screwing them on, just wanted to get it in

Short Video of how loud it is...turned the subs andd interior speakers off...short as i didnt want to hear it from any neighbors

i know you can hear it blocks away

#825 ·
just got home from a sound comp...no awards its was a $10 run for fun test and tune type event...the wall didnt make much difference meter wise but still did something and it is louder to the ear...45hertz tone sweep i done 149.2 on the windshield and 151.4 in the kick...exactly 1db higher on both from the previous scores...also got a few contacts for ppl who want work done....so i see tax free money in the future.

got pulled over thursday night, which was fun cuz they got me for tint, i had a license plate that didnt belong to me, with a different registration sticker, i was drinking, had a bootleg movie on the seat and they gave me a warning, then said to turn it up when i leave but not for long...my friend said i have a golden horseshoe in my ass.

gave a bunch of demos and waiting on my friend to bring vinyl so i can wrap his trim panel i cut out of birch wood...might cut me one too.

if so ill get pics later, maybe find some of the show too if they online

#829 ·
just seen that a 93 fleet was listed at the pull a part on the yard as of today so its fresh...if im not too busy tomorrow, maybe for lunch ill run over there and try to snag some parts if they have any good stuff, seems every time one shows up it has maybe one small part and the other stuff i need is destroyed or taken already

#830 ·
ok, got a few things and a lil work done...post pics another time

first off, had to cut my friend a new trunk panel as i made a slight mistake, but hes cut, covered in vinyl and ready to go on...cut my self a panel also, havent cut the center of mine out yet, have to go measure for that, but its raining now.

still have a temper mental volt gauge that works sometimes, sometimes it doesnt, think it may be a loose wire on the relay in the trunk.

while at the junkyard the other day, i scored a few items off that 93 fleetwood, it was a non vinyl roof one. grabbed a shifter handle so i can paint mine but now im thinking scrapping that idea, also got the bumper filler under the headlights since mine is broken (needs to be painted), a headlight for the driverside is very nice shape. got a trim panel for the trunk but the lady at the counter broke it in half.

and my 2 scores that you will see me working on in the future is:

a second alternator for which i will find a way to mount on my car to run 2 alternators and then i will send it to the shop to be bumped up like the one i have now

and the 2nd score is a already tan and not a verticle stitched brougham but same base fleetwood stitched passenger seat so i can get rid of the 60/40 bench and have buckets and which will require me to build a center console...wont give all the details right now.

o and the price for all those parts $117

----------

few pics here, just wrapped the panel a few minutes ago so i got glue stuck to my fingers

old panel on some fresh birch

this is the back of my panel, made a quick ring and routed the edge so it covers my sign nicely

in process for green fleetwood

done

#835 ·
always some crap, i covered my friends panel no problem...I cut mine today and start covering it...almost finished stapling the vinyl to the back and on one side the staples went all the way through the board and left marks in the vinyl, a few pierced through...i hammered it down so its not terribly noticable but it sucks,,,then since my sign is larger, the panel i traced doesnt fit great but it will work for now till i decide to make a templet and do another one, i have extra vinyl and wood so thats good.

#838 ·
the weather is crazy, it should be cold right now and im sweating in a t-shirt, been like this all month, come tonight it will be in the 40's again like every other day...its February, pick a temperature and stay at it.

in a few minutes ill be heading to my friends house to install his new trim panel and neon sign so i can scratch that off the list

#842 ·
before i go watch the game i was bored so i ripped the seats out the car, put the Junkyard seat in, had to use the recline switch from the driver seat as the JY seat one was broken...works fine just needs to be cleaned and conditioned.

threw the passenger seat in the driverside and bolted it down, im prolly going to get the frame off the driverside seat and cut the console area off and mount it to the new driverseat...but its coming along, dont know when ill even start the console though, i need a few certain parts first.

TEASER

#843 ·
got home after the game $50 lighter in the wallet on a bet. threw the driver seat on a rack and ripped it apart. looks like all they done is cut a few spots out of the frame and welded a metal extension to expand the seat and hold the console...im going to try to cut it off tomorrow if i have time, then pull the current drivers seat and put that foam and seat covers on that frame so that my seatbelt is in the correct spot and the tracks actually fit a lil better

in anout really wore that cover out

seat bottom stripped

#845 ·
went outside and unbolted the seat with the doors closed so i only got a lil wet removing and reinstalling the seat but its done and back in, have to remount the LED strips, clean the driverseat up and figure out how and whats going into the console in the future

cut a peice of vinyl off the old seat cover and glued it over the old hole for the recline, it will be hidden by the console and its dirty in that pic

cut the foam for the switch mount to pass through the cushion

glued the foam i cut out into the other side old switch hole...it actually started smoking when i sprayed the activator on the glue i used. no fire though

bottom cover on

switch cut through and installed

back mounted

back cover on, almost complete

cut the old skirt on and glued it on the correct side, might have to modify it a lil to fit my LED but lookin good

thats it for now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.