CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 32
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 76 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; That actually looks pretty great....sorry to sound surprised!...
    talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

That actually looks pretty great....sorry to sound surprised!

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

my brother jumped the gun on me but im not complaining...while i was sleeping he pulled the trans off the 2nd story of the shed by himself and started to tear it down...

too our suprise the way it ran i thought hard parts would be toast...the TCC solenoid and shift solenoids and pressure plate are all new prior to me pulling it...all the hard parts look great, the 1-2 drum has some scratches but everyone says thats ok as long as they arent deep, use judgment

i dont have the detailed pics b/c he pulled it apart mostly untill i helped the rest today and its messy so im not handling my phone covered in trans fluid

the main damage was the 1-2 clutches, the rest werent really bad but not perfect, wasnt even much material in the pan

few pics, just drained and disassembled, no cleaning yet

toast 1-2

just have to find a rebuild kit with the soft parts, clutches, steeles, gaskets and o-rings and have fun cleaning tons of parts

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

That all looks like gypsy magic to me. Transmissions - one of the few things that truly scares me.

Good luck. Hope you get her back on the road soon!

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I hope you know where all that goes!!!

thats the original transmission, im still driving my car with the slipping 1st gear...yea for the most part its straight forward, honestly they are not as hard as you believe...hardest part is cleaning it all, and getting 1 tricky snap ring out.

went to the neighbor early and got the tool to compress the reverse gear basket to get the clutches out, he even gave me a tub of transmission assembly lube when putting it back together

maybe later ill pull the valve body off and get it apart.

as soon as it gets built, ill park the car for a day or two and knock out the swap, AGAIN

finally got in touch with the local transmission dealers transtar...about to go pick my OEM overhaul kit up plus a shift correction kit, prevents the clutches from getting hot and slipping/burning up

$270+tax for everything

got the kit, $285 after tax, ill get a new torque convertor or have the old one cleaned later

this is the 2 piece odd tool to get the reverse gear clutches out

ready for cleaning

rebuild kit from Transtar, full of gaskets, springs, o-rings, clips, seals, bushings ect

1-2 band, clutches and steels

shift correction kit
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

case is pressure washed, had to drill a tiny hole for the shift corrector kit...gonna mess with it later, maybe some pics to..lots of cleaning later

only have a pic of the tool while installing the reverse piston....didnt do anymore as i needed to get a case of trans fluid...might jump on it tonight well see

again, not alot of pics cuz of the messy part, started putting a lil bit back together. got started late so i stopped for now.

alot of cleaning left and few more parts to put in

its going back together nicely though

some burnt clutches and steels along with some clutches that look like they were never used

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Makes me want to try it. Looking good. In the pic with the burnt clutches, which ones are burnt and which ones are good? Hard for me to tell.

the ones standing up under the valve body are burnt to a crisp, the ones at the end by the shift lever on the case are pretty much new

i downloaded a manual which we havent used at all, but if you get the special tool i showed and some flat snap ring plyers (unless you want to fight for a lil while), a caliper to measure and some feeler guages, and a 3rd hand helps, its not really hard at all

Brough is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Brougham

I was going to tease you for putting all that work into Nor'star junk then remembered 93-96s are RWD with 5.7s. LOL Nice ride. WOW you are ambitious. I don't dare pimp my rides much beyond stock anymore except easy horsepower because I always break em after I do and I never get the money back. Just my luck I guess. Nice work.

they are all money pits, i love drag racing but its too expensive combined with all the other toys i got, street Bike and 4 wheelers...and yea if i had a northstar id prolly get a used trans, throw it in and sell the car quick.

didnt do uch this weekend cuz i was drunk and busy with a lady friend...few pics

we have tons of tools, several snap ring pliers but no flat snap ring pliers for the snap rings in the trans so it makes it hard but not impossible to get out...while i was away my brother decided to drill some holes to use the normal snap ring pliers, makes it easy to get in and out for future use (pray i dont need to use them)

cleaned drum and put together some of the clutches

hard to see but that snap ring is modified, lubed up ready for more clutches and steels and spacers ect...

good clutches and steels that came out the trans close up

bad clutches and steels close up

ok this happened yesterday. i was at a redlight about to make a video showing the rain when the bass hits...

damn rearview broke again...its done for

heres the quick video

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.