CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 30
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 76 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; pulled the amp side panels out and tossed them, mounted the highs amps by the sub amps...nothing permanent just secure ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

pulled the amp side panels out and tossed them, mounted the highs amps by the sub amps...nothing permanent just secure right now.

im going to fiberglass a trim panel so you cant see in the trunk, i may redue the amps and batteries to be viewed through a plexiglass window, i may not, also have the tank to figure it, we'll see.

also thinking of a possible new box later one. push it farther back and wall it to the roof so i can have some more seat room, all in the future.

and the other day a new casualty of vibration...i seen my trunk jacked up on the pass side. the bolt from the actuator on the hinge came completly out

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Wild!

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Damn brother, share the 1/0. lol

i got a lil black left and about 25ft of red, but that will prolly be used if i have to make new leads if i move the amps

goto knukoncepts best wire for the price and its reasonable

Yeah, they have nice wire.

few updates, i really need to upgrade the alternator, too much voltage drop when the bass is cranked...not good

i found out a rag does a nice trick, money does not...sucked my $10 all the way in, barely got it back

and i had a shake in the steering for awhile. i knew i had to change the drag link b/c it was getting worn but not really bad...finally get under there today and of course, tierods inner and outter need replacing, the idler arm has too much play not to change and the upper balljoints will need changing soon, plus an alignment...just more money

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Do you have/believe in Caps? The $10 thing is funny!!LOL Yeah unfortunately, our passion for our cars and the cars themselves never actually get tired of consuming ALL the money we can throw at them. Id rather have this habit than another!

i had to locate the money with my phone taking pics, then couldnt reach it. had to swing a rag in there and drag it out. and power caps, i had them, they arent for my application. i just need an alternator that can keep up.

i think the stocks are what around 140amps, when i get money and some downtime, im going to send my stock one to a local friend, i should e able to get it around 220-250amps, ill be happy with that. then it will have plenty power to keep the batteries and .5ohm wiring happy...hopefully

tomorrow im going to order the other suspension parts and hopefully get them on at lunch time, except for the balljoints, drop it off for alignment and ready to ride thurs,fri and saturday

Check your SPID sticker. I believe only the tow package cars got the 140 amp alternator... the rest got 100 amp.

I'm not a believer in capacitors. Fix it right by upgrading your electrical, IMO.

i just looked at the autozone website, all the ones they sold were 140amp, dont know which number on the sticker is for the alternator...either way everything is upgraded except for the alternator...but 220-250amp is about what i need

got my idler arm in today, had to get duralast tierods as autozone was the best price and had them in stock, napa were i got the idler arm could go pick the tierods up wanted almost $80 more ...ill get the balljoints another time

so instead of getting out at lunch time replacing everything im still waiting for autozone to deliver the tierods. after work fun now

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    goto knukoncepts best wire for the price and its reasonable
    I'm not a wire expert, but their stuff seems to be really nice. They claim 250 amps capacity over 25 feet for the 0-gauge. I used it to install the 2nd battery in my limo and had to run a lot of their 0-gauge stuff. It bends around places that 0-gauge shouldn't. It's amazing, and like you said it's reasonably priced.

I have a question about the Dynamat....my lower rocker molding on the 1/4s rattles something fierce when I turn up the bass. I don't have anything crazy like you, but it's annoying to hear the trim rattling. If I line the trunk with Dynamat, will that help? I just have a couple of cheap 12" subs in a simple box back there.

knukoncepts ultraflex from doing my research for one is Oxygen free copper, bigger than anything on the market and has some of the highest strand counts and is cheaper than anyone...thats my wire source for anything i do

and yea dynamatting the 1/4 panels, youll tighten the metal up so it will reduce vibration, on the bottom of the chrome molding there is a hole in that panel near the fender skirt. run a screw through there and secure it to the body, it tightens the molding up and prevents some vibration

with my big ass monsters in the cabin, it still flexes my 1/4s and vibrates the molding s

finished the tierods, idler arm and drag link when i got home from work, didnt take much time. then later i went out and removed the front wheels, checked the bearings, had a squeak in the brakes so a lil brake lube on the back of the pads....put it back together and just need an alignment now

got the tires pretty damn straight, drives straight but the wheel is to the right a lil bit so ill let them correct that and get it aligned on a machine.

dropped the car off for an alignment this morning, waiting for them to tell me its done...almost didnt happen. my friend who is doing it and only 2 ppl i trust to do it, tells me we cant do it with my rims. they dont have deep wnough sensors for the machine. in the end i had to pull the skirts off and all 4 2 prong caps on the rims so the sensors would fit. when i get the car back i have to remove all the wheels just to put the caps back on, then reinstall them. but its worth it

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    and yea dynamatting the 1/4 panels, youll tighten the metal up so it will reduce vibration, on the bottom of the chrome molding there is a hole in that panel near the fender skirt. run a screw through there and secure it to the body, it tightens the molding up and prevents some vibration
    Thanks. I'll try that. I noticed that my LH molding has a screw through the bottom of it. And it doesn't rattle (much). I'll have to do the same thing on the right.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.