CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; thanks, i try to do things that look good yet something that someone else hasnt done...they have a few cars ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

thanks, i try to do things that look good yet something that someone else hasnt done...they have a few cars around with a dash like mine, prolly 2 so i had to take the next step and smooth the airbag over...the rear dash, i havent seen anyone with a molded 3rd brake like and and painted to match...just have to be different...as for the sills that another one where i havent seen anyone take the time to do that, however my friend done a reverse, he didnt do the sills, he had his whole floor fiberglassed and painted to match

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    It would be cool to see a fiberglassed floor.

kandy man from kandy kustoms in corpus christi done it for him. 2 peice fiberglass so he could get it inside the car

with the hidden green LED's on

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

that's kinda cool. never thought to do that. Not sure I would like it on my car but it is original.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Thats nice. Think I like your idea better with just the trim. Still, amazing work ya'll doing over there.

got a lil accomplished today, but between work, the heat, rain and time It wasnt much

sanded the resin down to prep for filler.

heat cured my filler to fast so i didnt cover everything i wanted

sanded that down. still has a bunch of imperfections my phone didnt pick up. i laid down some more filler and then it started raining to so i put it up and went home...got a lot more sanding and filling to do before primer and paint

nice, it's coming along!

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

I would really enjoy learning the secrets of fiberglass.

My cracked dashboard disappoints me.

its actually really easy, if you were to do your dash you need 1 special tool. just a roller with metal wheels, you run over the cloth, mat whatever you used to press it down on the dashboard and get the air bubbles out. other than that i would say grind out the cracks, fill it with either resin or if you have milled fiberglass that would be better. then lay a few layers of fiberglass cloth down.

the worst part of all of it is the sanding and im not talking about itching, that doesnt bother me at all. its just lots of labor sanding over and over

got a lil done this morning, sanded the filler from friday, added some more where needed, sanded that...got lot left, theres a low spot in the bottom middle area of the brake light cover that i need to build up. a few pin holes need to be filled and smoothed out...slowly getting there...put a coat of primer on to see any imperfections when i sand on it.

double post

lev
    lev is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    **Reserved**
    what does it mean, ReserveD?

i wanted to post all pictures on the front page without interruptions, i didnt know till after it was done that after 24hours you cant edit that post to post the other pics there...all websites are different.

hit a few areas today to get it where i need to be, and then layed down a few coats of primer over the whole piece

that looks awesome man. your attention to detail is amazing. I'm more of a "That's good enough for me" kind of guy.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.