CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 28
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 76 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Might as well put the bracing in first... you KNOW you're going to need it....
    Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

Might as well put the bracing in first... you KNOW you're going to need it.

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

I bet pimpNOLA could build a sweet tree fort.

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

lol, i put the top on, its just a pain trying to cut a 2" peice of scrap with both ends 45ed with a circular saw, im going to see if i my neighbor can cut them on his table saw if not ill stop by the audio shop tomorrow

in the mean time i put the top on so its done, i can put the rest in later. im about to pull the seat out and go find some food.

ran into 2 issues, one minor one well shit happens.

I cut the holes too tight so the subs dont set in there fully, just a lil sanding on the inside and they will drop right in.

the other issue is when i planned this, i didnt see the hump in the floor in the center on the seat b/c the seat was in the car so now the box will sit up about 3-4" higher than i want.

pulled the seat, put the back part back in for now, descrewed and some how managed to get the box out with out cutting it out which is great, it is now in the trash and i did notice that i seperated the fiberglass bottom from the front of the box so that i know will cause some sound issues

stupid hump

this rain is really getting on my nerves even though we need it, plus it induces wrecks which bring me work

i sanded the holes for the subs by hand with 80 grit. the subs fit tighter than a seals, well you know

drilled the holes for the wire, ill pick some wire up tomorrow, trying to have this thing in tomorrow and wired up and goto but not entering a big car show this weekend.

still have to make some legs to level it when i get it in the car cuz of that stupid hump

moved the bass amps and wired them up as soon as i finished the rain came, i like the new location and i had a peice of scrap MDF that fit perfect for what i needed

mocked up

secured and wired up

im prolly going to ditch the side panels in the future and mount those amps below the bass amps...on a good note, I put the subs on the multi meter and they are still reading the correct ohms so it looks like nothing is wrong besides being broke in

the box is in and it pounds very very hard, it sits up high like i thought and I cant put my seat back as far as i want but for now ill deal with it.

manage to tear the rear door panel ina few places where the door closed trying to get the 200lb box in. also tore the door weatherstrip but thats an easy replacement part

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

King Kong in the trunk???,,,,,you got King Kong behind your seat...... That port is right there, bet you cant wear a hat!!! Will you tint your windows to hide the box or keep rollin glass house?

------Any youtube vids??

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500
    Damn! I want to here that.

i have to tune one of the amps, the passenger sub is getting hot while the other is fine, prolly hit one of the dials when i pulled the amps out...

still gonna ride glasshouse, if someone can get the box out of the car more power to them but it wont be easy

ill try to take a video sometime today, i havent even seen what it looks like full tilt outside the car but yesterday ppl were pointing at me so it must be flexing something

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    yesterday ppl were pointing at me so it must be flexing something
    Yea, anything within twenty feet of the car.

made an armature mistake yesterday trying to beat the rain when hooking the amps up...

there was a reason only one sub dustcap was getting hot andyea the tune was a lil off...i got in the trunk a few minutes ago to retune the amps and found that i forgot to hook the remote wire up for the driverside amp. so done that, fresh new tune and its even nastier now that both subs are thumpin

just so you dont think im crazy and say well the sub wasnt moving you should have known that it was working. the other subs back and forth pressure moving air, moves the other sub too

You should go to a car wash or something and make a video of the car shaking. Some old Do or Die or something would have that car going crazy.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Only if there will be bikini clad women washing the car and dancing!!!

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland
    Only if there will be bikini clad women washing the car and dancing!!!
    Yes please

I could see it now, girls hair standing up and body parts shaking everytime the bass hits.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.