CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 26
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 75 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; those will work, it says outside diameter 12.5" i just measured mine and they are 13.5"...my friend got his at ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

those will work, it says outside diameter 12.5" i just measured mine and they are 13.5"...my friend got his at the same place and me and had no issues fitting his to his 20" 84's

had a "wtf, really" moment last night...though i knocked the rearview mirror off again untill i got to a stop light.

damn bass, now i gotta get that off the windshield and ima try some "quick steel" on it

so its not pretty, i wasnt trying to make it look good, i just need it fixed and working...the quick steel seems to be pretty damn strong. i set it, then scuffed and shot some spray can black on it to conceal it a bit. and just my luck, the primer for the window glue is back so i still have no mirror

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Now that beatin the hinges off lol

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1976 El Camino Classic | 92 Caprice Wagon (On hold for now)

So... update?

Is your system fully finished?

Have you put it on the termlab yet?

C'mon man!

no i just been driving it, i got the rear view back on but since the thing only pivots at one point now i can view my back seat unless i duck down to look through it.

just been working, driving and partying. I doubt it will do anything special on the TL cuz alll the pressure is in the trunk, its got to get through the seat and to the windshield...if i flipped the box to fire in the car and drop the seat it would be worth demoing on the TL. I also have to figure a way to add some more port. some songs that use to slam and sounding bad now since the subs broke in...trial and error

I want to put my car on the TL, for shits and giggles. It might not be the loudest thing, but with my subs right in the passenger compartment, I bet it would meter pretty well.

theres a lot of factors to get loud on the TL and its accurate so you have to do your homework...for a while I was planning to wall the car behind the front seats but i lean back to far. still an option, that would lay down some nice numbers in the lower 150db range.

im still up and down right now but im toying with an idea to add something to the audio system. ill let everyone know if i go through with it. space is the only real issue right now. the cost is a lil expensive but should be worth it

Oh come on! I need more info than that!

My local audio team is considering splitting cost on a TL. I hope we can get it, it would be nice to have our own to pass around and use.

gotta wait and see

well i pretty much blew about $2500 in a few hours gambling, but i was drunk and i had a blast so i had to put a few things on hold tht i wanted to do, anyway im tired of the box in the trunk, it was never tuned right with the port and nothing i do can get it where i need it so its about to get chopped out.

also a lot of songs dont play like they use to so i may have to spend $270 and get some recones if i done any damage playing the way below tuning.

i got a bruised brain and want to shake house and create earthquakes and break stuff so I went to homedepot and grabbed 2 sheets of 3/4 MDF, some screws and glue. $90 worth, might need a 3rd sheet im not sure yet.

spent a lil time on torres box calculator, got everything pretty much how i need it and well, back seat go bye bye. im keeping it at the window line behind the rear seat. ill have to figure how to dress up the no upper seat issue, i have an idea though.

the box is going to be big, its port will be huge and it will break stuff...hoping i dont have to recone but if i do, so be it

just got the wood today, got the 2 sides and the top and bottom cut and it started raing so i had to pick up

crude drawing, top view of the box design, subs and port firing forward

torres box specs, bracing displacement not shown but about .02 for that measurement, doesnt change much

ill go cut more if the rain stops or get at it tomorrow

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

WOW!!!!!!!!! Don't be mad when your vinyl top comes unglued and you break your dash into pieces, that mirror thing was nothing. That thing is gonna POUND!!!

no vinyl top so im good, but going from the screwed up almost 16hz which is more shake less audible to 33hz its going to shake and wake the dead

i fixed the rearview but it only goes up enough that i can see the back seat, might just toss it next time it comes loose

it stopped raining so i went out got the port 4 peices cut, have to trim one a lil bit. my friend called so we hit the city for a lil ride during essence fest

tommorow ill cut the back and front, also the 2nd baffle. hopefully my neighbor can let me use his table saw to cut 8 braces 45ed on each side 1.5"x21.5" long

and this one yes will eventually find its way to a termlab, i just hope i didnt hurt the voice coils playing below tuning for so long, i dont want to spend the cash or time reconing.

ive had ppl now tell me its the loudest they ever heard and its too loud, they in for a huge surprise

hopefully some updates tomorrow

maybe the neighbor has a router and jig to b/c i really have no interest in cutting the sub holes with a jigsaw again

Where are you located?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.