CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 25
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 75 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; i need some to, just not real worried about those right now...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

i need some to, just not real worried about those right now

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Hey Pimpin, what dust shields did you buy?? I found some that measure 13 3/16, is that what you bought too?? I'm trying to keep from modifying!!

yea thats what I got, those have to be cut down a lil bit...still havent done mine yet

----------

i placed 2 paint sticks againt the rear hub of the rimextended them across the center to the rim side, then taped them together...thats how i found out how much i have to cut them down

What up pimpin?? Where you been, it's been quiet in here. Quick question for ya, how close are your rear tires to the latches that hold on the skirts? Did you modify any of that? With a 2inch spacer I think I'll have to trim the top part of the plastic fork where the latch goes. I don't think I'll have any clearance problems with the spokes on the skirt!!

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

if they hit you can trim the peice down it wont effect how the skirts hold on,thats how i did with wire wheels,i dont know about the swangas tho

like i said, as long as you keep the rear shocks air up you shouldnt have any spoke or rim hitting issues... I have pics somewhere on here one what i modified on the skirts, I keep my rear low though...other than that im trying to find a daily driver, something small and cheap yet reliable so i can pull a few parts off to paint that effect drivability and cant be done in 1 day.

i trimmed the plastic sticking up on the left side of the pic cuz it was close to the tire, thats all the mods I done...i notched the metal itself cuz i run the rear low so it fits between the cap and spokes

That's not it. The plastic fork where the release lever goes, my tire will be very close to that. It's in the first pic you posted. That's gonna be my only problem. Are you tires close there?

yea its close but it never rubs, i can get my hands in there to remove them easily also...that definatly will not be an issue

----------

not great pics but you can see a lil bit, dont mind the dirty vogues or the cat that decided to piss on my rim last night

Thank you sir. I may actually have to go with 1.5-1.75 inch spacers to get mine to sit like that. I measured for a two inch spacer and the tire seemed to be about a half inch from the skirt. Funny how different cars measure out differently. Thank you once again!!

when i mounted the 1.25" adapters and set the rim on it looked like it sits now with the 2" adapter, when i tightened the wheel on it pulled it way in...you need to fully bolt them on to figure where your at.

Angry Matt is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): (2) '81 FWBs, '86 Cutlass Supreme

Where'd you get the wheels from? I just got an original set of RWD 15's without center caps and I can't find spinners that fit anywhere. The hubs look exactly like yours.

Texan wire wheels

yep TWW you can get caps or 2 prongs. and these are front wheel drive rims, for yours to be RWD and not he TWW RWD rims. you have cragar starwires

got it in this week to make a few dollars on the side. hooked up pop trunk on a 06 toyota avalon which is really hard to do and you loose the ability to open the trunk fully, just got done with my friends 91-92 lac. his was fairly easy. a lil cutting and welding but easier than the avalon

reverse actuator through the back wall

the lac

This is what I think ill use for brake dust shields. They are a little more expensive but if I measured correctly they should be a nice fit. Ill let you know how they work out if I get them.

http://www.tulipcitywheels.com/tcwst...t_detail&p=897

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.