CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 24
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 76 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by jayoldschool There's a set for sale on the impalassforum right now... Would they work on a rear ...
    Cadillac1980 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jayoldschool
    There's a set for sale on the impalassforum right now...
    Would they work on a rear wheel drive fleetwood? If not any adaptors? Do you know the offset?
    Thanks boss

----------

Where exactly are the wheels for sale located on the impala forum.?

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

what size wheel and which model and poke are you looking to get...the range from 15"-16"-17"20" and 22" without getting a custom size made up to 28"...then theres poke ect...what kind of car also...you can put fwd rims on a rwd car as thats what i done, you do need adapters. which size depends on the rim you get

and my friend is selling his set of 20" swangas $2500obo with fairly new vogue tyres

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA
    what size wheel and which model and poke are you looking to get...the range from 15"-16"-17"20" and 22" without getting a custom size made up to 28"...then theres poke ect...what kind of car also...you can put fwd rims on a rwd car as thats what i done, you do need adapters. which size depends on the rim you get

and my friend is selling his set of 20" swangas $2500obo with fairly new vogue tyres
    I was thinking 16s. I liked the setup you had actually it gives it a clean stock look. It would be for 1980 Fleetwood Coupe. Thanks bro

i went 15" on mine but for your car you need a 1.25" adapter...the wheels are a unilug style wheel where the washers determine bolt pattern of the adapters you get. center punch washers make it 5x4.75" and the offset washers one way give it 5x5.5" and i cant remember the other pattern

my friend has a real nice box fleet like what you have, hes on 17"s and it looks killer, i love 15"s though

heres a pic of his

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA
    i went 15" on mine but for your car you need a 1.25" adapter...the wheels are a unilug style wheel where the washers determine bolt pattern of the adapters you get. center punch washers make it 5x4.75" and the offset washers one way give it 5x5.5" and i cant remember the other pattern

my friend has a real nice box fleet like what you have, hes on 17"s and it looks killer, i love 15"s though

heres a pic of his
    Thats Bad ass. Although I believe that's a coupe tho. The fleets have opera windows as well as wreath emblems not the V

decided to modify the grills for the speakers a lil while ago...not the greatest looking but they fit and protect the speakers....i did scratch the finish on them but not to worried since they will eventually get painted...yesterday one of our paint booths caught fire after i went home...we will soon be getting a new paint booth but it will cut down on sidework right now as we only have one other booth to get work in and out...

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

Speaking about paint booths. I know a lot of the shops out here that I have seen work out of have a problem with dust specs. ( they all deny it but whatever) Most of the better ones rub it out, but the cheapies don't bother. (One Day and some of the others will stand there and tell you they rubbed it out when you can run your hand over it and not only feel but also see the specs). So is the dust spec problem common even with a booth?

you can wet the floor down in one of our booths, no matter what you do there will be a peice of dust we call "nibs" that will get in there even with a booth, just part of painting, no matter how clean you keep your booth...all you do is wetsand them with 1500-2000 and polish them out...

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

OK thanks and kinda what I thought. That's what I do with my small parts projects, but I don't have the lux of a paint booth so it is impossible to keep those nibs away.

damnit, one thing i hate is someone slow that holds me up. friday and today this guy at worked held me up cuz hes old, fat and slow. I was at work an extra 2 hours each day waiting on him...anyway, left pissed off bumping the radio the whole way home. somewhere in the little over a mile run my passenger back lower chrome molding jumped ship...ill prolly find it in the fast lane run over tomorrow

85 FLEETWOOD COUPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

it happends to every car with bang in it,i seen guys run screws straight threw the panels,hell nah, theres got to be a better way to hide the screws unless you put them behind the moldings??

when my driver side molding came loose, i got under the molding right behind the skirt. theres a hole in the molding that i ran a screw through and its on tight. the passenger side on clip was breaking but i didnt expect it to fully fall off with 3 other clips...

now im missing 1 clip and 2 out of the other 3 are broken

i got in my car to go find the molding and well it was in the neutral ground right where i turned off the highway onto my street 4 houses away

actual pic on the neutral ground

I need a new molding and clips now

test fit

gray piece beat up and the stainless is scratched

might fall off tomorrow on the way back to work

mite no some 1 who gots 1

thanks but ill find me one local. ill prolly have one before this saturday

ok cool,well if so happen to run accross some front bumper moldings let me know i need some asap mayn

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.