CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 22
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Badass build bro!!!!! You doing a great job...
    85 FLEETWOOD COUPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 96 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD BROUGHAM

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

Badass build bro!!!!! You doing a great job

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

im trying to get it done. slowly but surely

ok this is for our member here "beatz02" i told you id post this for you...the rattling noise you hear is not how it sounds when your by the car, the mic on the phone cannot pic up the low notes, 33hz so it just sounds different on the camera...next to it you hear low pounding, no rattling

this is with a stock alternator which soon will be bumped up, 3 optima yellow tops and I have yet to do the big 3 under the hood which will help out tremendously...

I done this real quick and short as to not piss the neighborhood off too much

look at that panel flex

Spillin and Spillin like this.

Thats bang, make sure to secure those rocker panels down extra tight,i had a few homies bigbodies had bang so hard they came off whill driving lol

yea, I still have to do that...went and bought some copper lugs so i can finish my wires under the hood "big 3" maybe do that tomorrow or later today....too much stuff to do this weekend...got too drunk last night and gambled a lil too much away, gotta get that money back with sidework now

Hahaaa i know how that goes homeboy

got out and sweat my butt off cutting, striping, crimping and shrink tubing wire. had to remove the alternator to follow the block to battery ground. in the end I got the big 3 done. only thing that will change is the wire going from the alt to the battery under the hood. the stud isnt long enough and the lugs are huge so it goes up and comes around. thats the only way i could get the nut on the alt stud...its temporary though

pics
    small grounds

small flat ground strap

that stud above the waterpump and under the alt is where i needed to go

big ground with little ground

----------

forgot the pic of the one from the body to the block

well the destruction has taken its first casualty. the custom 3rd brake light is coming apart...I pulled the whole rear dash out and threw my blue factory one in, ill eventually glass the whole thing, smooth it and paint it

also have to change a taillight bulb tommorow

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I'm not to surprised after the video you posted, that thing pounds. King Kong in the truck!!!

with an alternater bumped up to about 240 amps coming sometime soon whenever I find money to get it done and some more fine tuning. it will get a lil louder...

I put the air tank in yesterday and wired up the pressure switches and valves...the wiring is a lil messy right now but I have it planned out when im ready to clean it all up

----------

need to get a lil bit of wire to get the compressors wired up, 2 on/off switches I may have around the house and a drain cock for the bottom of the tank and ill be almost air ready

if its not one thing, its another...lately the quarter panels look like the want to come off of the car doing the wave when you crank the stereo, but i lost the low thump it had...cant figure out why...so i pulled the tank and subs out, back seat, deck ect...

I could move the top removable section just barely and thought that maybe i destroyed the box...got inside the box and it didnt move, but anyway I liquid nailed the inside and outside seam where the box comes together.

after 24hrs of drying, tomorrow the box will be a permanent structure in the car...im willing to put money on it that whether i did seal it or not it will be thumping again tomorrow and it all came down to a lil thinking...

I didnt lose any thump untill i put that damn airtank in...its really thin and you barely tap it, it makes a high pitch noise. i think that the bass it rattling it and canceling out my thump....

puts a hamper on a few things... not bad though. I wanted to paint to match the tank to the car, instead its looking like it will be covered in dynamat and ill figure some way to cover it

and i was right, no tank and it pounds, tank and its loud but cancels weird... so riding no tank right now...retuned the amps, since my processor is broken and i cant slope at 24Db im at 12db right now. i changed the low pass filter from 80 to 63 htz...0 bass boost on the amps and well a lil pic of more destruction...1 clip held it on, so i ran a screw through the bottom to hopefully hold it on

maybe later ill dig whatever dynamat i have left out and cover the tank and see what kind of difference it makes

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

That sucks Pimpin, you're takin that car apart!!! I have some W7s I was considering putting in my Escalade when I bought it but haven't. I'm not saying the W7s will pound that hard, but that's exactly what I was afraid would happen. Maybe I'll put them in my fleet. I did however order my rims!!!!! They're on back order but hopefully in a couple of months I'll be able to swang!!! Good luck tryin to keep your parts on your car.

yea you just have to find the weak links and fix them...theres a hole in the bottom of the panel, i just ran a screw through that into the body, you cant see it and hopefully, so far it stays on...wait till you get the rims and all kinds of old timers hit you up telling you how good it looks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.