CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 20
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 76 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA just advantage, my other worked fine. when A/C is on it only comes out the front ...
    Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    just advantage, my other worked fine. when A/C is on it only comes out the front vents, when you switch to heat it goes to top dash and floor, no heat out of the front vents...just cadillacs dumb idea...with the roadmaster one its plug and play except the mounts. I can put any air wherever I want it
    Do you think that would work with my 93 Fleetwood too? The switch assembly in your car looks exactly the same as mine. I have always thought the fan switch was really stupid and hard to control. To me there is not enough choice in fan speed. It seems either too low, or too high. There is nothing in between. Does the Buick switch allow more even control between the fan speeds?

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

I am 95% certain that it does work in 93's as well.

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    You also get more fan speed control, if I recall. Worthy mod for any 94-96 B/D car.
    yes I did notice that too, I only had it hooked up for a few minutes before disconnecting and modifying it. wanted to make sure it worked...and I only took forever to do this b/c I didnt want to spend the $80+ on ebay even though its worth it...I was patient and got it for $19.99

You get like 5 fan speed controls vs 3 for the Fleetwood.

I couldnt tell you an honest answer on the 93 model but you can control the air all over, I may go put the unit in now since the glue should have cured long enough, ill shoot a few pics

ok, 2 small issues, 1 the lights on the right side of the unit need to be replaced..doesnt bother me right now just its dark at night on that side.

2. since the roadmaster unit is shorter than the fleetwood, the factory FW brackets pull it up high and it leaves a gap below and the buttons close to the trim panel at the top. easy fix, tomorrow ill cut the line-up pins off, slot the mounting holes and drop it where i need it.

not a great video but i just done a quick run through, you can hear how loud the blower gets

fixed the gap so it looks good now

slotted the holes, also changed that light bulb so the other side lights up

removed the lineup pins

i straightened this after the pic but i put the panel on and adjust to where it filled the gap

no more gap
    BigCadMan_1 and BigCadMan_1 like this.

Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

I took a spare trim piece (the one that runs from the right side of the dash to over the radio) from a junkyard car just in case mine broke when I went to replace my cassette only radio with a factory cd/cassette version. I haven't replaced the radio yet, but I noticed that when I took off the jy trim, it would not snap back on the jy car. It seems like the mount clips were a one time use part. Did you have the same experience when you did your heater switch upgrade? I even tried to pry the jy clips, but they just fell into the dash. Just wondering before I take the dash apart for the radio/heater control update.

ive taken that wood trim off many times, sometimes the green metal clip sticks in the dash, I just push it back on the trim and snap the panel back in, never had an issue

Fallen to page three?

Nonsense!
    csbuckn and csbuckn like this.

im getting some packing peanuts friday so I can measure the airspace in the odd shaped box, other than that, nothing happening besides driving the car and spending too much money....also enjoying the buick CC unit

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    driving the car and spending too much money.
    Story of my life.

I was wondering when a bump would happen for this thread.

to get back some of my spending, i have some side work im trying to knockout fairly quickly. few interior pieces smoothed and painted for a friends girlfriend, then I have 4 cars lined up to install actuators on to lift/lower the trunk...a 91 fleetwood, 63 impala lowrider full show, and a newer model avalon and camry...on top of now every sunday the owner has me working on the new dealership and paying me tax free, not much but it something since gas keeps going up....come on powerball or mega millions

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Hey Pimpin, you got anything on that pm I sent

heres some good news, I wasnt sure I could get 10-cubic foot out of the sub box I built and several people on audio forumn without even seeing the whole box, just the front installed in the car, had nothing but negative comments about just start over and your no where near 10cubic foot its impossible, ect, ect, ect...I shook the haters off...anyway Its not exact form of measurement but it gets very close by using packing peanuts for odd shape boxs...I got a bunch from my supply guy for a cool $0 and got to filling a 1cubic foot box, dump in and do it again....turns out that the box is roughly 10.10 almost 11cubic foot...now I have to figure sub and port displacement and figure a few things before I can build a port for it....

also borrowed a sprint palm phone thing to tune my Rockford fosgate sound processor...Ill get a few pics later. spent too much last night and drank too much so im being lazy right now

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.