CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 19
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 76 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 69 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; did not have a second set of hands to hold the top of the box and I needed to know ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

did not have a second set of hands to hold the top of the box and I needed to know if it fit in the car properly before going any further, so I did a wedge and balancing act

almost in and together

fully closed and in just not screwed together right now, it fits so i can move on

just a temporary mock up

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

And that big tank goes back there too?

sure does, it will pretty much hold a theif up if they manage to get in the trunk. the box definatly wont come out quickly, to get the box out you need to remove the subs, to get the amps and subs out you need to remove the tank, ect ect ect...

between rain got out and drill the holes for the sub wire on each side, will need to seal those when I get to home depot to get some sealer

i was tired of that big heavy pile of wire getting in my way, it needed to be cut so i estimated where i needed the passenger side wire, then the other wire has to go to the driver side of the trunk, 2 pieces less than 12" for the amps power, and a few feet to go from the under hood optima to the alternator. I think I have enough

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

So you are hooking the alternator up to both batteries? I was thinking of doing this with my coupe.

yep, plus the one thats under the hood will get upgraded 0 gauge wire. the batteries in the trunk each get there own 0 gauge wire from the alternator back.

Just spent $288.54 on 2 specialty products to perfectly tune the amps so you get the most performance with out clipping and damaging the equipment.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Hey Pimpin, why 15in pokes and not 17 or 20? Are you happy with them? I want to purchase some rims and was thinking 17s, but I want a smooth ride. I don't want my car to be "jarred" when it hits a bump. I also only want to poke to the edge of the car, would I want 83s or 84s? How are the vogues, smooth and quiet riding? Sorry for all the questions but I thought you would be a good one to ask. Thank you!!!!!

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

I'd also like to know your opinion on the vogue's. Almost bought some for my last ride(91 Brougham on factory wires), but heard several people say they were noisy and rode like crap(vibrations). Just couldn't justify the $800.

im not old but im old school so anything over the original 15"s im not having, now if i had a newer deville id look into 20's. love the 15"s though only issue is when i had 1.25" adapters I knocked the cap off the rear with the skirts, went to 2" and it will hit the hub of the rim sometimes if you get cocky with your turn...just have to take it slow...

as for the vogues I have no issues with them. the do not ride as smooth as the factory tires but they are still smooth, i have no issues with it being bumpy or noisy...you have to keep them clean though if you ride vogues that yellow and white gets dirty after a few days so you have wash them and getting them bright again

after a weekend of too much partying, not enough food or sleep, I got it in good too. no work on the car cuz family was over. friends called up and wanted to ride so i pulled out for a lil while. started raining so we bounced. not great pics but we had my car, my buds 63 impala showcar, and 2 91 box devilles, one on hydraulics the other on 20" rims like mine

quick vid riding home

Pics

lac in front impala behind me and the other lac to the left...ill post some other pics if my friends got any good ones

ok, from info here I had to get this done...i kept checking the pull-a-part website for any roadmasters. finally last night I seen they added 2 a 93 and a 95. lunchtime today i made a nice trip over there. found what I needed and it wasnt hard to get to since someone removed all the panels already

this is how I got to the car. 2 screws and unplug the harness for a 95 roadmaster digital climate control. I got that and some 1/4 panel emblems for $19.99

modifying it now, the glue is drying so I cant put it in the dash yet. hope I glued the brackets correctly.

ground the side mounts off, cut the cadillac ones off and glued them to the buick...by the way it works wonderfully when i tested it before chopping things up

cadillac left, buick right, swapping brackets over

quick mock up

glued and drying

my SMD meters also came in today, need to get 2 9volt batteries to get them powered up

Was you climate control broken or is there some advantage/upgrade by changing to the Buick control?

just advantage, my other worked fine. when A/C is on it only comes out the front vents, when you switch to heat it goes to top dash and floor, no heat out of the front vents...just cadillacs dumb idea...with the roadmaster one its plug and play except the mounts. I can put any air wherever I want it

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

You also get more fan speed control, if I recall. Worthy mod for any 94-96 B/D car.

Awesome upgrade, thank you for sharing!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.