CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 17
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 67 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; planned to fiberglass the inside of the box today but its too cold to do it...if i had another vehicle ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

planned to fiberglass the inside of the box today but its too cold to do it...if i had another vehicle it wouldnt be as much a problem...supposed to freeze tonight, if tommorow warms up i may try to get it done.

instead I mounted the amps to the side panels, flipped the sundown logos proper, temp mounted the RF 360x2 sound processor so I could get the RCA's to the amp for my door speakers, bought some wire to get a few things done here and there...coming slowly but surely

gotta find a way to mount the side panels a lil more sturdy, the pass side is good, the drivers side needs a lil work but when the bass is cranked i dont want stuff moving around

no buttons all bluetooth controlled sound processor

some wires in there temporary sundown 125x2

sundown 100x4
    The-Dullahan and The-Dullahan like this.

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Cant wait to see this in the lowrider mag. I'm gonna be like, I watched that car grow up from a baby...
    MrHolland and MrHolland like this.

i dont think its going as far as lowrider mag, ill tell ya it takes a really long time to get in too...my friend took pics of his and it was 3 years later and his car was completly redone before it finally appeared

----------

[/COLOR]pulled the subs and box today, still way to cold to fiberglass...layed some tape down on the floor so the resin doesnt stick to the floor, remember I need to get this box in and out

this is the top shelf near the rear seat, notice how I stretched the tape tightly across the indentation instead of pressing it in. another move so it doesnt get stuck in the car

used almost a whole role of tape, where the jack goes I made a bridge over it so again it doesnt get stuck in the car... its about 40 degrees outside, I need it at the least 60, id prefer 70-80's though

took a break, went to dinner/lunch with family, a lil mardi gras parade action and took my frozen self back home, decided to throw the box back in. its ready just waiting on the damn weather to warm up

yellowbox

The-Dullahan is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Random note:

Hey Kevin, remember that distribution block I said you could have? It's twin can be seen in the second photo on this page.

that was temporary to hook my 2 amps up so i could have some sound, honestly I have had that distribution block since 1996 in prolly 6 different cars...think ill keep it forever

OK, Theres a point when your doing something and you say, "I just F*@#&!D up", how bad, well well see eventually

the weather hasnt been right to fiberglass but i wanted to get it done anyway, get home and it starts sprinkling so i hold off...no rain so I jump out there getting everything setup, $60 gallon of resin, 2 8sqft packs of fiberglass cloth and ready to get down.

I layed the cloth out how i needed it, mixed the resin and didnt under or over make it, just had enough. start laying the resin on glass and realised that...

yep, forgot to put the mold release on. when this dries and I finally can attempt to pop it out, well see if it comes out or comes out in pieces

anyway, PICS

there is cloth there, just saturated so its see through

yes that is my weather machine, lil space heater, hopefully the car doesnt burn down

heat on and venting as I type

of course problem after problem...fiberglass resin doesnt want to cure as it should, still real wet and sticky...ima leave the trunk open in the sun till i get off work...then ill probally make a batch of resin with a lot more hardener than recomended, brush it on and let it activate the rest...hopefully, i done it that way before...

if not it will take a few days to dry and im impatient right now

think ill be a lil patient, left it in the sun today since it warmed up a lil bit. everywhere sunlight hit cured pretty good, the other areas I guess Ill give them a day or two. im so damn ready to get this thing in for good, if i can get it out to put the top of the box on.

----------

parked the car in the back lot, trunk open toward the sun and left it there roughly 4 hours

Spillin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 Sedan Deville D'elegance

that lincoln doesnt have sh!t on your lac
    brandondeleo and brandondeleo like this.

Im waiting for that old lady to either pull some money out and say fix it or have a heart attack when she finds out that all 4 window regulators are bad. sometimes with these cars they have these 3 plastic peices in the window motor that break up and you can replace them cheap. not this one, all 4 cables snapped.

I do like those town cars though 95-97

of course one more problem, got my headlight in, theres a hole in it that wasnt visible from the picture in the auction. im talking with the seller, he said hell make it right so well see where it goes. but i have a headlight now with moisture and a lil hole

Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

When you fixed your window regulator how did you do it? I got the plastic clips at the Cadillac dealer, took the door apart, and was unable to get it in. I figured I could pry the end of the window track (where it is crimped) to get the old one out and the new one in, but how do you press the clip on the ball of the regulator? And, am I right to pry the end of the track out to put the new clip in the track? It was frustrating, but I was afraid I was going to break something if I pushed too hard.

the rollers here they sell are for older cadillacs so it comes with some extra stuff attached, you pull the part off you need which is the lil rectangle piece

yes you have to bend the frame a lil bit, i dont know any other way. its crimped at the top and bottom of the frame.

I lower the window where I can get some channel lock pliers in there and bend the top and bottom, insert the plastic roller, if its tight I slip a screwdriver in the front opening "NOT THE SPOT WHERE THE BALL GOES" tap with a hammer and it will pull right in.

then line it up with the window regulator, I pull them together with one hand, slip the channel locks on the regulator and frame and clamp down...it pops right in...then I grease the track and rollers so it glides freely, windows work faster/longer when you grease them up, then you can take the pliers and close the ends of the track back up

**UPDATE**

still waiting for this resin to dry, its getting there but not fast enough...its done this to me before, usually when the hardner is going bad, still works just takes forever so next time way more hardner will do what normally should do

Mark 78 Coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1978 Coupe De Ville, 1993 Fleetwood

Thanks for the tip on the window roller. I'll give it a try.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.