CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 16
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 66 ... LastLast
Like Tree156Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; had to take a break to cool off before i screw something up...1 step forward, 2 steps back, nothing on ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

had to take a break to cool off before i screw something up...1 step forward, 2 steps back, nothing on my part but my impatient brother trying to goto work instead of asking me to move my car, well he put the trailer hitch into it and screwed a lot of stuff up. then said, get prices and ill pay for it....im still pissed off

needs a headlight, marker light, headlight mounting bucket, grill, hood hinges and body work to the hood in two spots

anway, pics

hit on side the grill and damages hood

onto the box, I made a circle maker, made it the wrong size so my circle came to 16.50" instead of 16.75" corrected it and made two perfect circles

you can see where i erased the first one, now the correct one

left plenty room in the center after the subs overlap so I can fit a port

took a long time with the jigsaw to knock these 1.5" holes out, new blades to. almost 15 minutes each hole

i may go mess with it more after i cool off

BigCadMan_1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Eldorado 4.9

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Sorry to hear about that. Id be sick if that happened to me. Ill do all I can to keep someone from beatin on my brother, but if he backs his car into mine,,,its ok for ME to beat on him a little bit!!

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

sucks about the accident but I'm sure you'll get it all handled! The parts someone here should be able to hook you up with. Fleetwood guy probably has all the stuff you need at a great price!

sub box looks awesome, too

i found the lights and bucket online, im hoping a friend of mine comes through where it will be alot cheaper, all the lights and bucket are N/A from the dealer.

the grill is my main concern b/c now its up to $590 now, I paid $550 for it. a lil bodywork and paint on the hood and fenders and itll be good

removed the light and bucket, cleaned the mess up, straightened one of the mounting brackets, now its parts quest.

I put the subs in, secured them for test fit, pulled them out, test fit the box, now a hump on the floor is holding me from that last 1/2" and also the decklid is still hitting the box so it will need some more trimming

drug the box out a lil while ago, looks like im going to have to cut the lip off of most of the top so i might as well take it all the way off. that will have everything clear except to small spots on the side. hopefully i can modify it to work, dont know yet

yes i was inside the box

i did knock it back a lil more after this pic

almost closed, almost

hacked the top of the box off, need to sand it a lil more and figure how to beauty it up later, i think ill still need to sand the sides as its hitting a lil but I can close my trunk now with the box in, most of the issue is on the passenger side

1 sub in and yes a second person would have been wonderful

2 18" subs in, arms feel like wet noodles now.

set the tank in, I hope the valves can take all the bass they are going to receive soon

now need some fiberglass resin and to make a port then I can get in for good.

----------

and yes the back did lower, Ill see how it drives tomorrow, prolly need to air the shocks up. better yet get the airbags installed

jayoldschool is offline GM RWD V8 addict
    Automobile(s): 81 FWB D'Elegance coupe

I have the headlight/bucket/corner if you need it.

thanks but i found one on ebay today $175 shipped, everywhere else I tried wanted $160+ but didnt have a marker light and I need it asap cuz i cant drive far at night now without risk of being ticketed...ill have this one friday or saturday

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

That's an awesome speaker box and air tank and all. I simply couldn't give up that type of trunk space though, its a real LUXURY of the whole land yacht experience.

I don't always stuff a bunch of junk in my trunk, but when I do, I stuff my junk in a Cadillac.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Solution: one awesome sounding Cadillac + one awesome wagon.

I hope that air setup holds too. I was thinking about that earlier.

i know some people who have stuff like this in smaller setups, no issues so ill find out soon...hooked one sub up last night just to test it so many factors to make it loud later, plus it was 10:30, of course the box is not sealed right now, no port, and i hook the amp to a battery so now real electrical system, amp not set ect...the sub was barely moving but the car was bumping pretty good...I know when they are slamming im going to break something

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

DEFINITELY LOOKING GOOD. Sorry to hear about the damage, but I suppose it could have been worse. Just keep moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    I know when they are slamming im going to break something
    From my experience, yes.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stingroo View Post
    I hope that air setup holds too. I was thinking about that earlier.
    Shouldn't be anything worth worrying about. Air system fittings are fairly reliable and difficult to break, even from direct trauma. I think the only time I ever came close was putting way too much PSI through a solenoid. It wouldn't open as a built-in safety feature, because it was only meant for handling a max of 200, I believe, but the pressurized air was escaping very slightly and everyone within a mile probably thought their ears were ringing simultaneously. When in doubt, get beefier fittings.

last night one of the drivers side rollers decided to break, I wont lie I hate those things cuz they a pain in the butt to change...got it done today though so my window works fine again...few months back I changed the waterpump, it started leaking out the weep hole, nothing major but I had some free time so I changed that today also...of course I remember last time how to get the air out the system, twice it did not work so I used a combo of that method with the vacuum tool tool and using the tool to replace the air with water/coolant and it was good from there...while the panel was off I figure ill show one of those lil bastards for someone who will experiance this as they all fail sooner or later, also took a pic of the door speakers since i never showed that either

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.