CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 64 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; You the MAN!!!! I always look forward to seeing your updates. Keep it up homie!!!...
    MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

You the MAN!!!! I always look forward to seeing your updates. Keep it up homie!!!

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

i thought about working on it tonight and trying to get the sides cut so i can fit the box in the trunk, instead i was kinda tired so i went and chilled with some ppl and had 2 or 3 or 6 whiskey and cokes, im gonna eat and goto bed. maybe tomorrow ill try, plus we had a lil rain which swayed me too

stormed today, getting cold now 2 things I hate but when the rain stopped I got out there and realized that guessing doesnt always work.

cut the side panels and there not way off but to much for me. i did however use the existing ones already cut and with some tape made a templet so when I cut the new ones out, also the sides tricked me with the front so Ill have to redesigned a few areas, ill gain air space in a few areas to...o well, live and learn. prolly gonna cost me another $32 for another sheet of MDF

sections to be added or removed

traced the templet to another board tonight, peice i had laying around, wanted to use it for something else but this is priority now. ill cut this tomorrow, trace it and then have 2 identical nice fitting sides to work off of. then im going out, full day saturday and maybe ill do more work sunday depending on the weather

2 lines scratched out at the top is were the old board was during tracing, I knew the sides would give me the biggest headache cuz of the shape and yep, nothing but trouble but i found a solution quick so im happy

beatz02 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '94 FWB; '94 STS

You get my PM?

Box looks really good so far.

How much Dynamat did you buy total?

PM sent back, it didnt notify me like it usually does

as for dynamat I bought 4 boxes of extreme bulk pack 36 square foot each pack. right around $700

----------

was board at work while doing other side work. my alarm remote was chipping from normal wear and tear, im never taking this alarm out so what better than to go custom and match it to the car. the screen is scratched up i just havent polished it yet...ill post a pick of it all together later today

first before build picks, being from new orleans and being a huge saints fan, seeing, touching any superbowl ring is a pretty rare thing unless you have connections, what was even better is my experience yesterday was with a saints ring of the best NFL quarterback around. Yes, DREW BREES...everyone got to look only, i got to take it a step further

color matched to car, alarm remote

for a member here "beatz02" i dont have a huge indoor work area either, this is my unlevel woodshop

new side panel in progress

looking good, impressed myself with this one, did have to trim 2 spots but it fits good

with the 2nd baffle board on the trunk brace hits on both sides, i will trim this as to fit, its no big problem

new design so the edges will need to be trimmed, another small issue

box in front the car to show size, then the drill battery died so i stopped for now, got something done today though

haha.. man, that ring is bigger than your hand. you're not worthy!

And let me rent out that wood shop! $10 an hour.

----------

You need to go ahead and upgrade;

The new version adds GPS. Anyone tows your car (knowing they can't break in and steal it without the alarm wailing), you simply follow them to the chop shop with 9 millimeter in hand..lol.

i been having that alarm for a 4 years, got it before the car, decided im never taking it out especially where I hid it and how I ran the wires so why not match it to the car.

id like to upgrade to a setup like that but unless I can add to the existing alarm I dont wanna fool with it...thats one more reason I want my airbags on asap. Its really hard to tow a car on the frame and kinda stands out.

----------

I didnt like how the top boards on the box fit, trying to use wood over from the first attempt...ended up recutting them, they fit nice now. just have to cut 3 boards for the tension rod channel, cut the wholes, build a port and show my way to get the box in and out then fiberglass it and put it in...

Id have pics but I had to build a bumper I painted and install it on a friends truck so after that and picking everything up, it was to dark. ill have some more when im finished

Yeah, it's an add-on. I've had the same alarm (Viper 791xv) since 2003. It's actually older than your version, but as long as you have an alarm with remote start, you can add the new VSM200 or VSM250 module.

The only thing that sucks is the 3 year plan you have to purchase ($239). It's basically similar to having ADT, except for a car, but with the module you can start your car from anywhere in the world instead of having that 1 mile radius, and it has a bunch of other cool features.

i remember that now, same reason I didnt get it b/c of the subscription and at the time I think it was going for $550 when it came out

my lugnuts finally came in, when I ordered my rims I ordered a set of gorilla lock lugnut, every nut is a lock. I got the wrong ones, for almost 5 months now they finally came in, found out the guy didnt order the correct ones and the ones he kept trying to get were on backorder so he finally figured what he did wrong and I got them in.

I had put some cheap autozone locks on there and I was scared if i took them off and put them on one more time they wouldnt come off and one gave me hell today but i got it

lock that almost stayed on

didnt get anything done yesterday, got home today and knocked the tension rod tunnel out. pulled the box outside and drilled a few holes...its getting closer

pulled the back board off so i could get the drill in there.

tunnel in, not many screws

ran screws in all around the two top boards and back board, then it got too dark so i put it up

just to get an idea, will get lighter when I cut the holes for the subs but will gain weight back with the fiberglass bottom, port and a few other peices....right at 89lbs

----------

i definatley will need another box of screws to finsish, its not time yet to use the wood glue

put the box inside the house earlier, went to home depot, grabbed another box of screws, i pulled the whole box apart, ran some tite-bond 2 on the edges and screwed it all back together, i prolly have close to 250 screws holding the box together.

just a lil more out the way, let it dry over night

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.