CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA order the switch extensions, paint them to match the body color I was thinking that (hoping ...
    MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA
    order the switch extensions, paint them to match the body color
    I was thinking that (hoping you weren't going to leave them as is lol) It'll set them off and tie them into the rest of the painted interior parts.

It's coming along nicely. Details MAKE the car IMHO, and you get them right.

CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

thanks and yea definitely painting the extensions, they only come in 4 colors, red s one of them but its clear with sparkles in it

extensions_lg.jpg

beatz02 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '94 FWB; '94 STS

Curious to see this 2 18 box. Come on with it! lol..

I'm thinking about 2 15" AA SMDs, but I don't know if I have the space. They have that double magnet, and they need a lot of airspace.

im taking donations, I need to get to home depot and pic another piece of MDF up so i can have enough wood to finish the box...I wont lie im running on fumes with this slow work stuff. ill prolly go spend $30 today on the wood. the side panels of the box are going to be the hardest. once its done i can build it, modify it to get it in and out if need be and then i can check for proper airspace...im in your boat i dont know if i can get all i need but im going to try.

then I need 2 gallons of resin and some fiberglass mat. instead of using 3/4 MDF and loosing valuable airspace where the spare tire and jack goes, im going to glass the floor to get all the space i can..b/c of the metal floor it doesnt have to be thick, just seal the box

again, taking donations.

im also kinda stuck. i need the box done but i need the airbags for the weight. if i do the bags now i have to rip the lines out the valves and remove the tank to get the box in...soon, soon

if i feel strong later i may post pics of the subs

ok, its nice out today, got a lil work done, taking a break and about to eat something, may go do some more work later

when i did the switch box to cigar tray, i didnt want to remove the rear seat, pull the sill plates up ect so i just snipped the harness, now i gotta get it crimped back together under the carpet

and its gone

from there I used the wire i bought the other day to extend the switch box harness into the trunk so i can wire the valves up, not pictured, i didnt have big enough heqatshrink so it got taped up.

thats 1 18", for refereance

go a tiny bit done with the box. of course it cant fall into place, had to modify the back board top and bottom

fits now

wires will need to be moved and pinned up later

The Marshmallow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Has: 1997 Deville, 2008 VW GTI Stage 2+, now with K04 turbo

Very impressive work. Sub'd for more updates.

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1976 El Camino Classic | 92 Caprice Wagon (On hold for now)

Oh god. I want that thing so bad.

If only I could afford that kind of cargo space....

beatz02 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '94 FWB; '94 STS

How many cubes does Fi recommend for that sub?

And have you ever tried 13 layer birch for a box? Hear it's stronger and lighter than MDF.

birch is stronger, lighter and almost twice the price, never worked with it just for that reason. id have almost $200 in birch if i went that route.

Fi recommends 5-10 cubic foot per sub. ported only and rated for 1000rms. the owner says that just to be safe, if you have clean power then 2000rms all day long. ill be giving each sub right around 1,750rms...i figure 2 subs, bare minimum 5 cubicfeet for each sub...im gambling being close after sub displacement and port. worse comes to worse ill but a new baffle and have a large box for 1 sub and and be able to upgrade to beefier sub since i would have an extra sundown 1500 amp.

the sub is an 18" BL with cooling, p chamfer, dual 1ohm, flatwind voice coil and for daily use, thats the options i got for them.

after taking a break today and watching the packers get whipped I went and done a lil more work.

I cut a few more boards for the box, ima try to get some resin soon. I still dont even want to mess with the side panels. ima get it in though, so that for the most part is done

had to reconfigure the air valves since the new pressure sensors hit and i couldnt run them how i had them. came up with a better way, i really like it more and it also makes it easier when it comes time to adjust the valve mufflers (quiets the air noise but also adjust lowering speed)

the vertical valve has the electrical hookup turned down now so it will look real clean, now i need to get a "T" so i can use my tank pressure and pressure switch in one hole, have to get a drain petcock for the bottom and 2 water traps and I can paint the tank and have it almost done.

left is new, right old

with any progress comes setbacks. went to home depot looking for a 1/8" "T" fitting so i could install the tank pressure and pressure switch...went against what i would usually do if it would work. they didnt have a 1 peice fitting but a 3 female "T" i figure use a threaded nipple and ill be good...yea that worked untill i decided to install the tank pressure sensor. anyway ill order one soon, glad i got the peices out of my adapter fitting. also they did not have a drain cock or water separators.

dennis93coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 Coupe Deville 2006 XLR Infrared, Ebony

That's what I hate about low budget brass. Don't know how much you are willing to pay for fittings, but you might want to consider Machined Steel High Pressure Threaded Pipe Fittings. I have an old book but you can check online www.mcmaster.com They have about anything you could ask for. I used to chase all over town sometimes until a friend led me onto them decades ago. You could also save some time with the air lines by using push lock type fittings. They have a sleeve you push the hose in and hold the sleeve in and pull the hose back out if you need to disconnect for some reason. They eliminat compression fittings that always either mess up threads on the fitting or leave the hose a one time use.

the hose fittings are like your describing but they hold the hose tight so you really need to pull on it to get it out...im about to go to sears to exchange a ratchet and hopefully pick up a draincock and two water separators and see if they have an 1/8" brass nipple with a HEX so i can hold a damn wrench on it.

ok, take 2 and 3, went to sears for lunch and no water separators or draincocks, got my ratchet replaced though.

so I just went to harbor freight, picked up 2 separators, 2 1/4 nipples, then back to home depot for another "T" and grabbed 2 1/8 nipples just in case and yes i messed the threads up on one so I saved myself headaches and a 3rd trip.

a lil blurry but you get the idea

noticed some messed up threads so thanks to some expensive snap-on tools i tapped the whole, ill pressurize the tank and blow and shaving out.

pressure switch for the compressors (left) and tank pressure for the gauge (right)

just need a drain instead of a plug cuz i dont need a rusty tank and it will be ready for paint, Im one step closer

csbuckn is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

That tank looks sexy with the fitting on there.

between no work, rain, ect I tried to get in the trunk at midnight last night and get some panels fitted, didnt go so well with no light. found a use for the jack as a 3rd and 4th hand, box sides still need to be cut on the bottoms. got a lot left to do

pics kinda suck but it was late

notched around the tension lift rods

i really hope i got this right b/c i guessed at it, ill find out later

cut a side, not finished but on for now

some areas still need to be cut

other side on

1st baffle front view

two 3/4" boards "Double Baffle"

the way i had to trim the rear board to fit, im going to have to make a piece on each side to fill these gaps

SEX, two 18" Fi audio BL's...its going to be tight and heavy

hope I have enough room to fit a port in there at the top of the box between the subs

im wore out just from carrying the subs, need some fiberglass resin and mat to do the floor o the box, a lot more time, money and wood working.

it is getting there

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.