CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up - Page 11
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; managed to get 5 boards cut before i ran out of light and froze my ass off...need some wood glue ...
    CadillacPimpinNOLA is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 Fleetwood 1968 coupe DeVille

Re: CadillacPimpinNOLA's 95 Fleetwood buildup 56K your computer will blow up

managed to get 5 boards cut before i ran out of light and froze my ass off...need some wood glue and screws now to start a lil building, didnt relocate that box yet or remove the seat

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by 550HP STSV View Post
    a lot of pointless work done to a worthless car
    .......This forum needs a dislike button, badly.

yea, thats his opinion, it is what it is, its real easy to buy something new out right and hook a computer to it or bolt on parts...id rather go my own route customize it and know it was done by me.

this is the other toy in the works, it runs but its not track ready yet, in the pic Its going back together after having the heads decked. still need to lower it a bit more, backhalf the rear and finish a few things under the hood, then its a lil bodywork and flatblack paint

right at 800hp, plan to add a 250 shot nitrous system in the near future, the other money pit

496 stroker, edelbrock alum heads, all forged internals, 13.1 compression, glyptal coated block, dominator carb, msd ignition, 3.5" dual exhaust, ect ect ect

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

lol That guy's just a troll, wouldn't pay him any mind.

What's that motor in? Not the '68, right? (If so, that's BADASS.)

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacPimpinNOLA View Post
    yep, just shake the haters off, besides id rather a RWD cadillac with a chevy engine over an sts that after 5 years is just about worthless. but ya cant please everyone...
    Er...his STS-V IS a RWD Cadillac with a chebby engine. Lolz

either way i dont consider a stsv a real muscle car and a few years down the line it will be worthless, very few new cars hold there value and a new seville in general is poorly built

as for the motor, its in a 97 regular cab stepside chevy 1500, i sold the 68 a while back, it was nice but needed to much work at the time, i really want a 76 eldorado convertable but everyone who has one thinks they have gold, or i want a early 80's model opera seville or eldorado, also rare and expensive

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    Er...his STS-V IS a RWD Cadillac with a chebby engine. Lolz
    No it's not... lol It has a N*.

Sweet motor for the0 truck, man.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): none

Oops, my bad. You are right.

STS will be worthless in a few years...well yeah, that's what happens as a car ages. Good example - I can go buy a good condition '96 Fleetwood for $2500-$3000 today. Not exactly gonna break the bank.

Yeah, the STS may not be a muscle car, but lets get serious here - the Fleetwood is no muscle car either, and it never was. It's just a good, old fashioned cruising machine that does it's job well. As an overweight, softly sprung, properly geared cruiser will, it performs downright miserably when it comes to carving corners, braking, or accelerating. A 4.6 STS is far more of a muscle car than the Fleetwood could ever wish to be.

Yeah, but that's his whole argument. He's definitely not turning this into a race car. Race cars don't have woofers that require 5 cubic feet of air to move...

(I wish my wagon did, though. )

Anywho, back on topic:

Good to see this thread back. I'm honestly curious to see what the trunk will end up looking like, considering your other work looks so good.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Did someone with an STS just honestly try to make fun of a Brougham?

Nola, just ignore that under-funded reject. He's just mad mommy and daddy wouldn't raise his allowance so he could afford a fullsize.

like i said everyone has there opinion, i let my work speak for itself...

still havent got around to pulling the rear seat out, might do that tomorrow if i dont have anything to do in the morning, i hate cold weather but i wanna get some progress done...

so, beside slow work and christmas coming up, i need wood glue, screws, another sheet of 3/4 MDF, and some fiberglass mat and about 2 gallons of resin to start....just more money

Then I cant put all the stuff in the trunk just yet, cuz i need to get at least the rear airbags on...one to hold all the extra weight, but also the upper bag mounts bolt through the trunk floor. so i have to get them in, then put the box in and go from there.

ok, didnt get the stuff done at work like id prefer to, i started it at home around 5:30, bad idea since darkness was right around the corner...the part i relocated was a lot more involved than id prefer to do in the dark but once i got started I didnt wanna stop so i finished it with minimal light...ended up breaking a piece of the brittle license plate surround and i stepped on the black trim that goes across the trunk, o well ill find another

this is the box i relocated, controls, lights, fuel pump ect

unbolted and pulled into car to observe

harness includes these wires to the marker lights and goes outside the car

seats and lights out, thats the green race truck in the works

hard to see but harness getting longer, license plate and housing removed also that black upper piece i broke

new location for that box, fits snug but i also put some 3m double stick tape so its going nowhere

where it use to be

then i reversed the process and in the process i guess i hit one of the lightbulbs hard enough to break a filament so tommorow iget to replace that...but its all done, one more thing out the way

ran into a few problems, still cold and its raining off and on so the box is still on hold. christmas out the way, still have bills but i made a few dollars so im upgrading a few things, as soon as paypal loads up the $300 i transfers to it, i will be scrapping those 2 gauges i planned to put in the sunglass/GDO spot for the dakota digital unit, wanted to do that from the start, might as well get it while I have the money...I want to redue my front and read dash, the front is fiberglassed but some cracks underneath are visable, didnt come through but you can see some marks, i dont like it and wanna change that also by not using fiberglass on the front dash at all, also gives me the airbag pad back. I also want to fiberglass the whole rear dash.

i was at the pull-a-part and managed to find a perfect uncracked blue dash pad and a rear dash pad, brake light and all. scooped that up and some parts for my brother for a cool $32

its going to be a while before i even mess with the rear dash but i did make a big blue mess sanding the dash pad getting it ready for adheasion promoter and primer.

im moving slowly but its getting there

top sanded, have a few hard to reach areas to get tommorow

not much texture left, high build primer will fill it in, then block it smooth and lay some paint on it, not filler of glass this time...I experimented with this method in my friends truck and so far so good

outsider is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

cool man i love seeing all the pictures of your projects. really inspiring!

few problems, but solved them and proceeded...finished sanding, wiped it down with anti-static spray. then some people came to swap filters and lights in our prep station. they had our doors open and it got to cold in the prep station. i sprayed some adhesion promoter and it did whatever it wanted to do, puddled up and took extra long to dry all uneven. i let it dry, wiped it all off with some thinner, warmed the booth up and layed down 2 nice coats of adhesion promoter. came out perfect...5 minutes later primer was flying. i layed down 5 coats and went home, ill sand it tomorrow and lay some more primer down hopefully.

too cold adhesion promoter

much better

primed

you can see some texture in the primer, it will be sanded out mostly then ill fill it again and sand that, have it ready for sealer and paint.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.