Fast Blinking Turn Signal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Fast Blinking Turn Signal in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Recently this started to happen. It only happens went I use the Left turn signal, and not the right. So ...
    SDCaddyLacky is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleet Bro, 64 Deville. Past: 72 Sedan, 68 Coupe Deville

Fast Blinking Turn Signal

Recently this started to happen. It only happens went I use the Left turn signal, and not the right.

So I thought maybe some bulbs were burnt out at first, that wasn't the case. I replaced the 2 left rear tail light bulbs late last year sometime, so they can't be bad. I went ahead and installed a new side marker bulb since that was never changed.

Well that didn't fix the problem. What I noticed though while I had the left turn signal going, standing behind the car, the rear left middle bulb in the tail light housing wasn't fully illuminating when it was flashing. It's like something isn't providing full power to that socket, because the other ones were flashing fully. When I have the headlights turned on, all the bulbs look ok, even the one I just mentioned, it lights up fine. Only when I use the turn signal, it doesn't fully light up.

I even switched out different bulbs to see if it would fix it, it still didn't help.

Could this be a bad socket issue or failing Turn Signal Switch? The wiring looks ok, and nothing looks bent or cut. The contacts inside the connector don't have any corrosion. It's my guess from years of being exposed to harsh Illinois Winters, and the recent over kill of California rain storms the past few months could of ruined the socket housing.

How do you test for a bad socket? I am really retarded when it comes to electrical stuff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EndlessRyd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Fast Blinking Turn Signal

My 88 Does the same thing. It never really bothered me enough to track down the problem. I have a bad habit of not using my turn signals anyway!

renegaderob18 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 cadillac fleetwood brougham

My left turn signal does the same thing on my 1994 brougham. I replaced the left bottom and right bottom bulbs, but only the left side turn signal blinks twice as fast. I wish I knew how to fix the problem.

Well I found out that the original owner had a trailer hitch, and a after market connector to some trailer lights.

Some wires were cut and and spliced to the tail light wiring to accommodate the extra trailer lights which I found. So I fixed everything, making sure no wires were coming apart or falling apart. Everything nicely secured now.

Even after the wire repair, I continue to have the fast blinking action only on the left side.

I am staring to think the Flasher itself could be bad. I will replace that, and see what happens.

So I went ahead and replaced the flasher relay, and it fixed the problem. It flashes normal now both left and right signals.

But I am still having issues with that one bulb not lighting up fully, so the next the thing to do is replace the socket.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.