Dual exhaust for 1970 Fleetwood?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Angry Matt
  • 2 Post By outsider
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, Dual exhaust for 1970 Fleetwood? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Seen few 1970's that have custom dual exhausts. But anyone sells complete kits?...
    Fleetwood70 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1970 Fleetwood 60-Special, 03 DHS

Dual exhaust for 1970 Fleetwood?

Seen few 1970's that have custom dual exhausts. But anyone sells complete kits?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Angry Matt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): (2) '81 FWBs, '86 Cutlass Supreme

Re: Dual exhaust for 1970 Fleetwood?

I highly doubt it. When I had my '70 Brougham, I had mine custom made. It wasn't that expensive. My only mistake was that I bought mufflers that were too loud and I always hated that. Now I use these two Mennonite guys out near Reading, PA (Gehman Exhaust), they are unbelievable. Custom duals on my coupe for $230 while you wait.
    Fleetwood70 and Fleetwood70 like this.

Fleetwood70 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1970 Fleetwood 60-Special, 03 DHS

Do you know or anyone else knows what kind of system would be the best? I mean, would true duals work good on 472 or would one with H or X pipe be better? What would be the optimal pipe size? What mufflers/resonators will make it quiet when cruising, but loud when stepping on it?
    Any info would be appreciated.

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

i think you'd want an H or X pipe to balance the pressure...I'm planning on doing it on my 69 and was told by a mechanic friend that it would run better with an H or X pipe to keep the pressure even.
    Fleetwood70 and Fleetwood70 like this.

Sponson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1969 convertible

What did you wind up doing and how did it soud? I recently put dual exhaust on my 1969 deville (no cross pipe or reonators, but used stock mufflers) and it runs a lot better, but it is WAY to loud, with an especially annoying drone at 30-40mph. I'm going to have the resonators installed. What mufflers and resonators did you use?

Fleetwood472 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 Fleetwood w/ FI 472/ Switch pitch TH400

I agree just have a shop do it. To save on money supply the mufflers and x-pipe. I would also recommend resonators. I had dual exhaust on my 78 fleetwood that has a 472 with efi and made the mistake of not putting resonators on it. The car runs great but the drone is annoying. I had them do it in 2 and a half inch pipe. I used walker quiet flow mufflers and they soumd great. I think the app you can find them for is like a 95 fleetwood. For resonators I heard magnaflow makes some nice 2.5 inch ones.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.