All 1977-1979 DeVille owners....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, All 1977-1979 DeVille owners.... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Who here has a '77-'79 DeVille? reply here... describe the car and maybe post a pic.... lets see if there ...
    Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

All 1977-1979 DeVille owners....

Who here has a '77-'79 DeVille? reply here... describe the car and maybe post a pic.... lets see if there is enough owners to get a little clan going...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadillacdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: All 1977-1979 DeVille owners....

well I have a 1977 sedan deville but the pics are to big to post I'll try to get some smaller ones just like this one but without the rims mine still has the factory caps
    Attached Images

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Does a Fleetwood count?

caddydaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD

I have a 1979 Sedan Deville. It's kinda modified with a bored 472 with Comp Cam, Edelbrock intake and carb, dual exhaust, etc.

See it at: http://members.tripod.com/~CadillacMan/79cadpage.html

7.0,hellyeah is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I dont have pics but I got a 1979 coupe deville, and I think its one of those phaeton edition ones. Its got the hard top that looks like a convertable(Black canvas stuff) Its copper colored but I need a new paintjob, I was going to go with grey. New air intake assembly from like a '92 EFI car made it possible to slap a 3X14 K&N in there. Tan leather on the inside.

sizanjdf is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1974 fleetwood 75, 1980 sedan deville, 1970 eldo

ive got a 77 coupe deville, Ill get pics soon...

goldys02 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I Have A 77 Coupe Deville , This Is A Special Order From Detroit Michigan. A Exclusive Model. This Is A One Of A Kind Model. I Recently Finished An Engine Swap. I Replaced My 425 With A 500 Engine. The Car Is Now In The Paint Shop. Check Back For New Pictures Coming Soon!
    Attached Images

7.0,hellyeah is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It seems the 425 has a lack of aftermarket parts for it. The edelbrock intake manifold only works for the 472 and 500. Besides that the only performance parts I could find was a cam by comp cams: http://www.powerandperformancenews.c...e=Cadillac-CAM
    I'm not sure of the typed of carbs that could fit on the 425 w/o any changes. I was thinking that one of the edelbrock preformer series q-jets might work, but I'm not sure which one. I think it would be cool if people could post parts that they know would work on the 425. Anywhere from HEI coils to those chrome valve covers they sell on e-bay for the caddies.

Quote Originally Posted by 7.0,hellyeah
    It seems the 425 has a lack of aftermarket parts for it. The edelbrock intake manifold only works for the 472 and 500. Besides that the only performance parts I could find was a cam by comp cams: http://www.powerandperformancenews.c...e=Cadillac-CAM
    I'm not sure of the typed of carbs that could fit on the 425 w/o any changes. I was thinking that one of the edelbrock preformer series q-jets might work, but I'm not sure which one. I think it would be cool if people could post parts that they know would work on the 425. Anywhere from HEI coils to those chrome valve covers they sell on e-bay for the caddies.
    the 425 is basically the same thing as a 472/500... different crank, pistons and heads... thats all....

It has been proven on the siteI heard that the on that the Edelbrock intake manifold WILL fit a 425.

Keep the Q-jet... do a rebuild on it.. a very good carb and perfect match for the 425...

Honeslty, to get the most power form a 425, you just need to open the intake and exhaust up, and put a mild cam in... I persoanlly believe that will alone, do the most to the 425... then some headwork and try to bring up the 8.2:1 compression.

That seems like a nice deal on the comp cam though.

I heard that the 425 block is lighter... they shaved it down in areas they said were ok... that is why many people do not use it for hot-rodding... inreality if you put a 500 crank and pistons in... you will have a 500... I heard that the stock 425 crank isn't as strong as the 472/500 either... I also read that if you put the stock 425 heads on a stock 500, you'll get about 10.5:1 compression, and massive low end torque.. but by 4500rpm, it'll be out of steam... maybe something to think about (I don't think the stock 425 goes much above that already)

GritMaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a blue 79 Sedan DeVille 425 carbuerated, White interior, I'll get some pics up soon. A bit about the car:
    ~123k miles, starting to show it's age, car used to belong to my parents, been in the family 18 years, until I bought it off them last year. It had two stints of sitting for about 5 years, so alot of parts are corroding/ rusting and the exterior needs new paint. I'm working on fixing it up, and getting some more power out of it. I just gave her new shoes, new brakes, a few interior fix ups and She's gettin new shocks/springs soon, Hoping to get that engine cleaned up and fixed up soon as well.
    25 years old... No more emissions, say hello to a new exhaust in the next 6 months

Edit:\ Picture

davesdeville is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf
    inreality if you put a 500 crank and pistons in... you will have a 500... I heard that the stock 425 crank isn't as strong as the 472/500 either... I also read that if you put the stock 425 heads on a stock 500, you'll get about 10.5:1 compression, and massive low end torque.. but by 4500rpm, it'll be out of steam... maybe something to think about (I don't think the stock 425 goes much above that already)
    The stock 425 won't hit 4500 without at least stronger than stock valvesprings, and you couldn't put in 500 pistons since I don't think the 425 will take more than .60 over bore - that's mostly the reason it's not used as much as the 472/500s.

patgizz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

and this is the 472 in my 88 silverado

the 425 dosn't even hit 4,500rpm under WOT? damn...may as well be a diesel

I'll have to snap a few new pics of my '79... maybe I can get some today before it gets dark out...

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

Great pictures...... Id like to see some interior shots!

Well, I just took these... the car is pretty dirty, mud splash on the right side, bumpers are dirty, various debris on the car etc... but they are my newest pics... also the quality isn;t good... I went in the orchards across the street, but it was shady, so I had to change the brighness and contrast... so it dosn't look how it should...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.