Cadillac Owners Forum banner

93-96 FWB Exterior Body Squeak

577 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  SDCaddyLacky 
#1 ·
Hey guys, well I just noticed that the front bumper trim, the top colored plastic rubbery trim, started squeaking yesterday. When i press down on the bumper it's really loud, like the trim is rubbing against the metal bumper. The problem area is around the headlight trim. Also when I pressed down on the front fenders, they felt loose, like they're not bolted down properly, and they also squeak. I don't know how this happened, but is it true that the exterior trim on these particular years is shoddy, and start to act up? Just the way they put them together? Because I notice this today while pressing up against the front end, things seem loose. I can pull on the front fender, and see it move a little. The car has never been hit, and this just started when I left my house early yesterday

The car has almost 160,000miles on it, but stuff like this shouldn't be happening. The car was never in a accident, everything looks fine, so thats why I was wondering if other people have experienced these kind of body problems with there Fleetwoods. The rear bumper is solid and nothing squeaks, it's only the front. I plan on taking it to a body shop anyways because I plan on repainting the trunk lid on it since it's starting to bubble and fade.

#2 ·
You can also experience fluttering hood at higher speeds , built quality is not a match for a car that is supposed to be The Cadillac of Cadillacs

#3 ·
Your right, I've experienced the hood "flutter". It's puzzling why this would happen, maybe a few extra pounds of steel would of helped, or a better latch. The more I think about it, the more I realize, these things shouldn't be happening on a Cadillac of any year. The older ones, built in the 60's and 70's, never had these kind of issues. But as we all the know the older the Cadillac, usually the better quality it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.