Cadillac Owners Forum banner
466K views 2K replies 480 participants last post by  ayilar 
#1 ·
Old post

#931 ·
j2rossit said:
Thanks a ton Kevin
Here are the pics.
I assume all the wood grain pieces are the same color, but I posted a pic just in case. I also posted a pic of the back of the cap so you can see how it clips in place. The easiest way to get the off is to pry where my thumb is. I'll take a couple if they have them but I'm only actually missing one right now.
The two pics after that show the chrome trim piece. It's the driver's side rear door that missing the piece closest to the B pillar. I show the passenger side one too so that you know what I'm talking about. If they have both the driver's side and passenger side I'd be interested in both since it's broken as you can see in the pic. To get these off you'll have to cut them as close as you can to the top and bottom of the piece.
And lastly, the radio/climate control bezel is the wrong color and cut out around my radio (there was an aftermarket one installed in my car when I got it. If you see a brown one that has the same radio as mine (the bezels from the later years don't fit around the earlier radios), then I'd be jumping for joy. The bezel is supposed to have wood grain around the knobs and you're supposed to pull the knobs off if you want to take the bezel off.
Jon, for those chrome pieces, I'll have to unscrew them from the door panel. Its not easy and it is time consuming, but it is doable. I have a few lying about, but I'll get some from the '88 in the junkyard as they're in far better shape then the ones I have (door rust and rear seat aside, the '88 is in awesome cosmetic shape and was a smoke free car.)
For sure, I can get you the wood pieces from the back of the seat.
As for the brown radio bezel, I'll take a look, but I make no promises as for whether or not I can get you one. The earlier radio bezels are getting pretty HTF, especially unmolested ones.

This post has been deleted
#934 ·
Jon,
Yup, there's 2 one way nuts (speed nuts put on backwards) on the chrome pieces. They're a royal PITA to get off, but doable (if you try to hurry, you'll mess up the threads, which are plastic, then you're screwed).
As for the radio bezel, 80-85 ones are very hard to find. If I can't find you one, I'll toss in one of my old 80s 1.5 DIN to shaft style adapters with the rest of the parts. At the very least, you can cut out the shaft part of the bracket (made to be removable from the main bracket) and put that in there so you're not looking at the radio bracket.

----------

BTW Jon, do you still want those 307 parts (acc brackets, valve covers, water pump, etc.)

Also, anyone need any 307 parts? Mine is going to the scrap yard this week. Its got 66201 miles on it and a blown HG. I still have the carb (works great), intake, cruise module, and a bunch of misc. stuff

#935 ·
Yeah, I'm still interested. And I can't remember if I said yes or no on the exhaust manifolds, but I've since decided that I want them if they are still available.
I can't remember, were the engine mounts up for grabs? or were you using them?

As for the chrome pieces, I appreciate you getting them. Don't worry if you screw up any threads, I'll get them in place one way or another.

#936 ·
j2rossit said:
Yeah, I'm still interested. And I can't remember if I said yes or no on the exhaust manifolds, but I've since decided that I want them if they are still available.

As for the chrome pieces, I appreciate you getting them. Don't worry if you screw up any threads, I'll get them in place one way or another.
Engine mounts are available, and I still have the exhaust manifolds.

#939 ·
steveo6269 said:
I guess fat chance there would be a garage door opener in any of these junk yard cars?

----------

Also still looking for a gravel guard for underneath the front of the car (below radiator). Let me know if you come across anything that isn't in too bad of shape.
I've never seen a factory garage door opener.

I'll keep an eye out for the gravel shield, but they're usually torn to shreds.

#941 ·
Up for sale...real nice shiny rear Cadillac trunk emblem fits 77-92 or go custom and install over where key goes in to open doors
$45 shipped

80-92 Cadillac Rolls Royce type grille (have brackets too) see pics...
don't really want to sell it, took me awhile to find one, but I could use the $ to help pay my legal fees....

spots you see is dirt, washes off, a few bars lose but all there, could use rechrome, as seen in first pic, but looks good though
$200 plus shipping (need to find a box and calculate cost depending on dims and where it is going)
I have paypal account (add $2 to cover paypal fees if sent as gift) or snail mail payment accepted too..(post office M.O.)

#1,022 · (Edited)
Up for sale...real nice shiny rear Cadillac trunk emblem fits 77-92 or go custom and install over where key goes in to open doors
$45 shipped

I have paypal account (add $5 to cover paypal fees if sent as gift) or snail mail payment accepted too..(post office M.O.)
Still got the trunk lock cover and have the wreath as well....
other stuff too
hit me up
****EDIT****
picture with wreath and shield

#942 ·
I have other stuff available
front fillers $50

rear fillers $90

80-89 Chrome fender trim (new) $120

Here's how they'll look on car (picture not of my actual car)

90-92 front headlights ONLY good clean, no chips or crack $100

Dash mat $20

77-84 Coupe or Sedan Opera Lights...(not Fleetwood Coupe) $30

----------

and more....
miscellaneous stuff...emblems, hood ornaments, 3rd brake lights p/s door wood trim

Prices from $5-$20
All plus shipping unless it noted as "SHIPPED"
Thanks...

#945 ·
Yes it will. PM replied

That fender trim is tempting. Wonder how it would look with the wider impala rims? They just screw in with the original screws?
I would probably say yes. Or you can use longer self tapering screws, which I may have and include with sale...As you can see from pic, they are installed over the existing trim and you can kind of see that part of the original trim. Will probably look nice, something different.

#946 ·
j2rossit said:

Jon, I got you the chrome pieces off the doors (the threads are messed up on 2 of them, but they're still usable).
I also got you the wood piece off the grab handle on the back of the seat, but its the wrong woodgrain. If you still have the one that fell off, I'd recommend putting a couple dabs of model glue on it and sticking it on.
As for the dash center, they had an unmolested one off an 86 FWB, but the woodgrain was the wrong color and it was missing some chrome off the left vent surround so I left it.

#948 ·
Just an FYI.......the trunk crest as shown fits 1980 - 92. The 77 - 79 crest bases are thinner. I ran across this difference when I installed a 1981 crest on my old 79 D.D. It did work but was not as the original. No big deal. For someone with no trunk crest at all it would do the job I suppose.

Cheers.....R.

#950 · (Edited)
j2rossit said:
Awesome, thanks Kevin.
I don't have the missing wood grain piece, so I'll be happy to get the ones you got.
what colour was the dash centre?
The dash center was the 86 woodgrain (mahoghany? Rosewood?) The brownish orange color- whatever wood that was supposed to be.
The surround piece was burgundy. It had a glued on clip for an air freshener? on it.

Btw, you can swap the dash colored pieces.

#952 ·
j2rossit said:
I am quite tempted.
The only concern I have is if it will actually fit. I thought the center piece changed after 85.
Is there anyway you could get a pic the next time you're out there? Don't go out of your way. My car is stored away for the winter so I'm in no rush.
They are identical. The wood grain color changed but that is it. The pieces themselves are physically the same.
In 1987, the center piece changed (to accomodate a 1.5 DIN radio, as opposed to the shaft style used from 77-86)
Aside from the missing chrome on the vent area, its actually in pretty good shape (and that can be touched up with "chrome" paint (i.e. really shiny silver), so it won't be as noticable.)

#958 ·
That's fine. My last digit of the minutes doesn't light up (At least I know what time it is to within 10 minutes :) ) and I only get sound out of the right bank (If I play with the knobs enough, I can get both to work but only temporarily).
So even if the radio isn't perfect, I'd be interested in it in case mine continues to go south.

#959 ·
j2rossit said:
That's fine. My last digit of the minutes doesn't light up (At least I know what time it is to within 10 minutes :) ) and I only get sound out of the right bank (If I play with the knobs enough, I can get both to work but only temporarily).
So even if the radio isn't perfect, I'd be interested in it in case mine continues to go south.
On mine, only 8 or so of the bars lit up. Good luck figuring out what station you were on or what time it was.

#960 ·
Hi i have a 1990 Brougham base 5.0l . The car has a rotted out frame and i am parting out the whole thing. Anything that is shippable to the you i will ship in a box if its something overly large you will need to arrange pick up. Im located in Amsterdam New York. I have all of the car except the wiring harness, lead liner, spare, and break lines. Make a offer on anything you need and include shipping i will use pay pal. The car is going to the yard in 2 weeks. Pm me.
Thanks David Land vehicle Vehicle Car Full-size car Cadillac fleetwood brougham