Cadillac Owners Forum banner
466K views 2K replies 480 participants last post by  ayilar 
#1 ·
Old post

#191 ·
1970 Brake Distribution Valve

Help! I have a low-mileage, near-perfect 1970 Coupe DeVille that is dead in the water thanks to a brake distribution valve (the one with the brake light switch) trashed by the previous owner. I have checked with Inline tube, they do not have a replacement for me. Does ANYONE have one of these laying around, or on an old car that's not going to run again? I believe it's the same for all 1970 Cadillacs except Eldorado and commercial chassis. I would be willing to swap if this makes it possible, mine is somewhat operable, but it's likely going to leak at the inlet side of the rear circuit, the seat is damaged.

If you have one, or know of one, please contact me! I have cash ready to buy! If there's a car in a junkyard by you, I will pay you to remove and ship it to me! Thank you.

Attachments

#192 ·
Re: 1970 Brake Distribution Valve

Take a look very very closely and if you can drill one, go for it. You can't hurt what you can't get, it only costs a little $, those shouldn't be very expensive.

Can the original one be rebuilt? These parts aren't complicated at all, very very simple inside.

Are you looking for functionality or originality? Another year might work just fine. Also look at other B, C, D and F cars in close years. The F Body (Camaro/Firebird) might be the closest to keeping modern, as it went up to 1981 with not too much in changes.

Help! I have a low-mileage, near-perfect 1970 Coupe DeVille that is dead in the water thanks to a brake distribution valve (the one with the brake light switch) trashed by the previous owner. I have checked with Inline tube, they do not have a replacement for me. Does ANYONE have one of these laying around, or on an old car that's not going to run again? I believe it's the same for all 1970 Cadillacs except Eldorado and commercial chassis. I would be willing to swap if this makes it possible, mine is somewhat operable, but it's likely going to leak at the inlet side of the rear circuit, the seat is damaged.

If you have one, or know of one, please contact me! I have cash ready to buy! If there's a car in a junkyard by you, I will pay you to remove and ship it to me! Thank you.

#193 ·
Re: 1970 Brake Distribution Valve

I'd really like an original one if possible. My primary concern is, if I drill a hole and it doesnt' initially leak, but the hole is too close to a passage, it could fail at some point, and I'd be without brakes. Other than this, originality isn't that much of a concern. Interestingly, this valve would have required an additional valve for the rear, a "hold-off", on all other '70 disc cars EXCEPT Eldorado and DeVilles, apparently. Eldorados already had an integrated proportioning valve, and DeVilles didn't need it, I'm guessing, because they weighed more than any of the other full-sized cars, so rear brake lock-up might not have been as much of an issue for them.

So again, if anyone has a metering valve for a '70 DeVille, please contact me! Thank you.

#194 ·
I know this isn't a Cadillac part, but I also know that many of you (Sven, I'm looking at you) visit salvage yards fairly often. I'm looking for a passenger seat skin for my '92 Caprice. It's red, and it must come from a 91-93 car (in '94 they changed the red). Here's a photo of the pattern/shade I need:

I only need the seat skin. Saves on shipping. I can pull a passenger seat of any color from the yard down here, and re-use my red headrest. The sooner I get this the better. I'm waiting patiently to drop my center console in. :bouncy: If anyone finds one, PM me ASAP!

#214 ·
Betting the numbers are a cam that is a big long on duration, the Cad probably doesn't have any upper rpm airflow, so what jay said is right, that is quite reasonable and the only way to get more torque is a shorter duration cam. Or expert head work.

nearly 400hp and 500+ lb/ft, that will move anything around quite smartly and properly geared, will be a rocket.

#216 ·
I need a spare set of 15" steel wheels for my '70 DeVille. I picked up a set of wheels for a '68 Buick but they don't fit. If they had a passable set of whitewalls on them, that would be cool. Chicagoland would be even cooler. Anyone putting on 20s and want to get rid of your stockers?

I have a set of repro rear fillers for a '76 Eldorado. I believe these may work for '75-'78. This is just for the rear corner pieces, no center sections. $50.

Also have a set of steel wheels for Eldorado. They are off of a '76, may work on any '67-'78 Eldorado. $100.

Attachments