Cadillac Owners Forum banner
466K views 2K replies 480 participants last post by  ayilar 
#1 ·
Old post

#1,558 ·
I don't think anything is "wrong" with them. Some people merely prefer the stronger steel rims.

Dave is actually looking for an aluminum one, because he wants to use it as a spare. I can only imagine that it is the lack of weight (Aluminum wheels weigh next-to-nothing) difference and he would prefer to have the lightweight aluminum wheel over the steel one.

As for my, my Brougham was not made with the aluminum wheels and could not be ordered that way. The all came with the higher end CC wheels, which were reserved for commercial platform vehicles. The simplest way to distinguish them from the regular steel wheels is that where the centre of the wheel meets the outer portion, they are welded and riveted, instead of merely being welded, like the normal stock steel rims.

There are of course other differences, but that is their key characteristic distinguishing detail, because it is difficult to miss.

#1,560 ·
I am about to pull the trigger on this, they say $13.85 shipping but $150 for wheel. I would love to drop in but I have two trips for this summer already,(Mid-Ohio for Cadillac and Indycar race in Aug, and Gilmore Museum in Sept.) I also have to do my parents vacation too, so I will already have trouble getting that much time off this year.

adult image

If you want to come up with a number send me a PM?

Edit: :lol: I have no idea why my posting service considers that an adult image! Perhaps they are as turned on by Cadillacs as we are!:noidea:

#1,561 ·
For the record, shipping a single wheel sin't really all that bad. Especially an aluminium one.

It's when you get to things like fenders that it gets tricky. Much harder to fit in a box. Even if they weigh less.

Then you get to parts like driveshafts and transmissions...those require freight shipping. For those circumstances, my Brougham is perhaps the most effective. I can not only fit anything I want in the back (including small British cars...don't ask) but I can load it with a forklift, unlike most Broughams out there.

#1,568 ·
Anyone selling or know where I can get a decent driver quality front and rear bumper for a 68 deville? Mine aren't too bad, front one in bent up in the center and I can probably beat that back into shape, but the rear one has a few holes on the underside from what appears to be someone drilling through it, and that is starting to rust.

Not sure what a good price is for a used bumper with decent chrome, so if you have a suggestion, I'd be interested in hearing it so I know what to look for price-wise.

#1,577 ·
Hey C-Leb,
I have a set of 15x7 Cragar starwires that i would'nt mind sellling. The wheels are in good shape structurally but honestly they will need a re-chrome. Bye the time you do all of that you'd probably come out cheaper buying a new set. Just putting it out there. I also have brand new center caps to go along with them.

#1,582 ·
My 94 V4P Fleetwood is going away soon, my son got in an accident (not his fault, but he was tagged with it) and the insurance company is totaling. We have hopefully final court date near the end of May. If there is anyone who wants a great deal on the whole car let me know. Likely not parting it out as the neighbors would have a cow.

Body is hurting, right rear quarter panel and pass rear door hit, other doors good. Hood good, left fender not so good, right good (has a small dent in top, but not a hard one to pull). Top end CD stereo for 1994. Tan interior, some items great shape, some not.

LT1 runs fantastic, 4L60E (HD V4P one) shifts perfectly still, has 255k miles, but you could never tell how well it runs. Doesn't use oil.

Probably best to PM me for more info.

car is in 61016

This post has been deleted
#1,589 ·
If anyone is interested in any parts, I have a spare 1988 Brougham (non D'Elegance) that was given to me that I am parting out. White with a red leather interior. It's engine over heated and basically got all jammed up. I am limited what parts I can use off of it for my other good Brougham because of the different colors. Some things are still in good shape but some are not. Id rate the car in "Fair" condition. Let me know if your interested in anything and I can check on the condition for you.

Thanks!
Steve