The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread! - Page 85
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 111 FirstFirst ... 35 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1660
Like Tree45Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by outsider that was filler was missing on my 90. I had to transfer the one from my ...
    cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by outsider
    that was filler was missing on my 90. I had to transfer the one from my 87 onto the 90 bumper.

Do you still have the '90 taillamps/ housings (thinking about putting them on my 86)?
    Also, what is actually different between the 80-89 and 90-92 housings. I know you supposedly can't simply bolt the 90-92 lenses in the 80s housings, but why is that?

j2rossit is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 FW Brougham, 68 Buick Wildcat Convertible 455 4bbl

Re: The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread!

From my understanding, the 90-92 lenses have 3 bulbs instead of the 2 bulbs that are in the 80-89 lenses. This extra 3rd bulb at the bottom of the lens sits in a hole that exists on the top of the 90-92 bumper. If you want to put 90 lenses on the 80's cars, you need to cut the holes in the top of the bumpers in order for the lens to fit. I don't know if the connector for the wiring harness is any different.

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

i do still have them and the bulb harnesses too.
    From what I could see the biggest difference was the tab to mount the tail light lense to the housing. It looked to be shaped different on the 90 vs the 87. I can get you pics if you'd like.

here are some pics of the lenses

How do the trim bezels mount to the housings? On mine, they mount to the taillights themselves.

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    How do the trim bezels mount to the housings? On mine, they mount to the taillights themselves.
    For the 90s rear lights one screw secures to the top of the taillight, you can see it in the top picture, the bottom screw secures to the bumper end housing. There's a tab in there that is welded on.
    The housings themselves are different than those on 80-89. You can't fit 90s lights into them. You'll need the housings as well. Then you'll need
    to modify the rear bumper to fit the extra light bulb. Or, you can shave it off. What I did, I used a step drill bit and drilled a hole and presto. If I recall, the wiring is the same. I removed the 80s connector at lights and plugged in the 90 harness. Very easy and simple.

----------

Here's a link from layitlow, shows the modifications for the 80s Cadillacs
    http://www.layitlow.com/forums/23-pa...ns-thread.html
    oh, and you have to use the bezels from the 90s...you can't use your existing ones, both are different
    I'm trying to locate a topic where it shows you the differences from the outer ends...

Fleetwoodboule is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 fleetwood brougham

Wanted : 94 fleetwood ccm

i need a central control module, GM discontinued the part and I have been lookin all over scrapyards to find one without success.Can someone direct me to where I might find one ?

busayman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1984 Coupe DeVille HT4100

i need a hood ornament but I cannot tell if yours will fit my car. The ornament fits on the front chrome trim in an oval shaped hole not a round hole. is that what you have?

----------

what's it look like. post a pic and I will check for you. im in Houston, where are you?

----------

trying to buy the stock paint for my car but the sticker is faded. anyone knows where online I can check without buying a $50.00 book... thanks.

Fleetwood472 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 78 Fleetwood w/ FI 472/ Switch pitch TH400

Looking for a complete set of white leather pillowtop seat skins for an 85-92 brougham. They need to be in good condition. Will pay $300 shipped. Thanks.

csbuckn is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 84 Coupe w/500

Quote Originally Posted by busayman View Post
    trying to buy the stock paint for my car but the sticker is faded. anyone knows where online I can check without buying a $50.00 book... thanks.
    Here is what we have in the stickies just below the parts for sale section
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...int-codes.html

vegas fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1984 fleetwood brougham

hey guys i have an 84 fleetwood brougham, and i just blew my transmission. does anyone have a GOOD th-200-4r transmission for sale?

jamespowers is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1986 Brougham, 1975 Eldorado, 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by vegas fleetwood View Post
    hey guys i have an 84 fleetwood brougham, and i just blew my transmission. does anyone have a GOOD th-200-4r transmission for sale?
    I came across this earlier:
    http://palmsprings.craigslist.org/pts/3834206025.html
    Maybe something there...

Good deal if all the motors are free (i.e. not seized). I don't like how that one engine is sitting outside uncovered, but it doesn't look like it rains much there.

Btw, I still have my old 200r4 sitting around, but you're probably looking for something local (and shipping it would probably be an expensive proposition)

vegas fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1984 fleetwood brougham

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Good deal if all the motors are free (i.e. not seized). I don't like how that one engine is sitting outside uncovered, but it doesn't look like it rains much there.

Btw, I still have my old 200r4 sitting around, but you're probably looking for something local (and shipping it would probably be an expensive proposition)
    where are you located at? if it comes up cheaper than me getting mine rebuilt it'll be worth it. whats the condition of it?

Quote Originally Posted by vegas fleetwood
    where are you located at? if it comes up cheaper than me getting mine rebuilt it'll be worth it. whats the condition of it?
    I'm in missouri.
    As for condition, it wasn't shifting smooth as glass anymore but it still shifted pretty dang smooth. It has a GM replacement torque converter (prior to me buying the car) and a new TC solenoid (under 100 miles on it). The trans has 66k on it. Had a fluid and filter change at 63k (was never changed until then) and another fluid change at 65k (radiator blew up so I changed all fluids just to be safe). The pan was off 3 times when I owned it, and there was never any debris in it, so I'm guessing it was in good shape internally still.
    It has been sitting outside for a year, but it is 3 feet off the ground on a pallet and covered in a very large piece of rubber roofing (like what is used on a flat roof) and 5 tarps so no water has gotten to it. I'm not sure how I would get the trans fluid out of it though....it adds alot of weight and would make a mess in shipping.

CadillacBrougham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Brougham (5.7)

Hi guys,
    I've got a '90 brougham, and need the trim that goes around the passenger side headlamp/cornering lamp. If anyone has one, that would be great!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.