The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread! - Page 84
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 111 FirstFirst ... 34 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1660
Like Tree45Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hey everyone. Looking for the small piece of rubber that sits on top of the rear bumper that is located ...
    steveo6269 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1988 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance

Re: The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread!

Hey everyone. Looking for the small piece of rubber that sits on top of the rear bumper that is located directly below the license plate. It is pretty flush with the license filler. Picture attached. Let me know if anybody has access to any. Thanks!
    Attached Images

j2rossit is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 FW Brougham, 68 Buick Wildcat Convertible 455 4bbl

Those always seem to be the first to go. You have to take the bumper off to get it out. I just bought a flat piece of PVC plastic and cut it to fit, then color matched it to the car. Since yours is actually in pretty good shape, you'll easily be able to use it as a guide for cutting a new piece to fit.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Anyone need a TV cable? Have 1 used for a 307/ 200r4 and one new from bowtie overdrives (TV made EZ kit for quadrajet 1906 IIRC- has plate for going under the carb, gasket, etc)

My_favorite_Brougham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sapphire Black Brougham d'Elegance 5.7L

I have a set wire wheels from a 1989 Brougham. They came off a Texas car, so they have no rust, pitting, peeling, etc. Asking $750 obo. Send me a PM.

I also have a set of front bumper fillers for 80-89 RWDs. They are the L-shaped pieces that go under the headlights. Asking $35.

More pictures in this album: Photobucket Appliance Wire Wheels Album

Take care,
    Greg
    1980coupe likes this.

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

Just wanted to put out an open call, I still have that 1990 Brougham with many good parts available.

Tail lights (with housings), many good logos, interior is in decent shape.

Let me know your needs and i can send pics

CadillacBrougham is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1990 Cadillac Brougham (5.7)

@outsider:
    Do you have the trim that goes around the passenger side headlamp/cornering lamp?
    Also, do you have the passenger side wheel well trim? I need that as well.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by j2rossit View Post
    Those always seem to be the first to go. You have to take the bumper off to get it out. I just bought a flat piece of PVC plastic and cut it to fit, then color matched it to the car. Since yours is actually in pretty good shape, you'll easily be able to use it as a guide for cutting a new piece to fit.
    I see. If I did want to get an actual original piece that was still in good shape, would anybody be able to pull one? I'd rather that vs. trying to make my own.

Thanks!

-Steve

RockBottom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Brougham d'Elegance

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Just wanted to put out an open call, I still have that 1990 Brougham with many good parts available.

Tail lights (with housings), many good logos, interior is in decent shape.

Let me know your needs and i can send pics
    PM sent.

~Rock

Quote Originally Posted by steveo6269

I see. If I did want to get an actual original piece that was still in good shape, would anybody be able to pull one? I'd rather that vs. trying to make my own.

Thanks!

-Steve
    I've only seen 2 that were still in the bumper, and both of those were onlyy half there. Seems that was the crappiest filler. Why they didn't just make the top plate of the bumper go there or use a stainless insert is beyond me.

My guess has always been that in the event of a major rear end hit, they wanted something that would deform around the tank filler neck instead of crushing it or cutting it off. I'm not sure if my PVC plastic is too thick to act in this way, but I hope I don't ever find out.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin

I've only seen 2 that were still in the bumper, and both of those were onlyy half there. Seems that was the crappiest filler. Why they didn't just make the top plate of the bumper go there or use a stainless insert is beyond me.
    Yeah, I suppose I could buy the new after market filler for this piece. They are just so expensive. Plus they all look like they come in blue so I would imagine most people get these painted white/gray?

I believe the after market ones will be a different material, most of them are PVC or fiberglass. (I bought an after market one and it showed up as a flat piece of PVC plastic that wasn't even close to being cut right). If you can find out what material you want, than making it yourself is much cheaper and probably little to no more work than you'll have to do "adjusting" the aftermarket ones to fit properly anyway. I walked away after installing mine wishing I'd never ordered it or paid the shipping. I was impressed with the aftermarket PVC tail-fin bumper fillers, but not this one.

I got mine painted to match the body and I like it.

bewber is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 Fleetwood, 87 Fleetwood

Hey guys. Newb here, but I was sent here by jayoldschool. I just scored a sweet deal on an 87 Sweetwood Brougham and need a couple pieces. I need both rear tail light filler pieces that seperate the chrome housings from the rear quarter panels, and I also need the pieces at the front of the car that, from the sides, fill the gap between the bumpers and the fender near the wheel openings.

Please email me at flameology@gmail.com if you have any of these parts that you're willing to sell shipped to 48507.

Thanks, John

Quote Originally Posted by bewber
    Hey guys. Newb here, but I was sent here by jayoldschool. I just scored a sweet deal on an 87 Sweetwood Brougham and need a couple pieces. I need both rear tail light filler pieces that seperate the chrome housings from the rear quarter panels, and I also need the pieces at the front of the car that, from the sides, fill the gap between the bumpers and the fender near the wheel openings.

Please email me at flameology@gmail.com if you have any of these parts that you're willing to sell shipped to 48507.

Thanks, John
    Jeesh...what's with all the longroof guys buying caddys?

Someone on here (1980 coupe?) Had a set of rear quarter fillers for sale. Also try outsider....he's parting a 90 brougham.
    bewber likes this.

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

that was filler was missing on my 90. I had to transfer the one from my 87 onto the 90 bumper.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.