The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread! - Page 48
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 113 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 98 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
RWD 19xx-1984 DeVille and Fleetwood,
1985-1996 Fleetwood and Brougham Forum Discussion, The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by CADIBLAC So how did you attach the 80-85 Fleetwood Coupe Lower trim to your '80 Coupe? ... ...
    1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

Re: The official PARTS FOR SALE/WANTED thread!

Quote Originally Posted by CADIBLAC View Post
    So how did you attach the 80-85 Fleetwood Coupe Lower trim to your '80 Coupe? ... was there not some "body studs" on the Fleetwood Coupe that the regular coupe is missing? ... just curious how folks accomplish this.

I appreciate you keeping an eye out for this stuff ... we don't appear to be too far apart.
    You are right, the regular 80 coupe, like mine, does not have any of the studs that hold on the clips for the trim. So when I got my trim I removed all of the clips to be used later. When I placed them on my car, I first bolted the inner lip of the long rocker that you see when you open the door on both sides 3 self tapping screws, then the bottom 7mm screws that bolt into same spot as the regular "skinny" rocker. Then I used tape to tape the front and rear of the rocker to the body and used a pencil to mark individual lines above the rocker and then removed the entire rocker again. Used same tape again to go across the marked pencil lines as a guide. If you look behind the rocker, there's a lip that folds; this is what clips to the clips and I measured this down from the rocker and transfered it to the body. Did this to both sides, drilled the holes with the self tapping screws but I dapped on weather proof silicone to prevent rust. Installed 2 clips to front and 2 to the rear of rocker and then hanged on rocker. For the door that was tricky, you got to know where to drill the holes for the bolt to go thru the door at the ends. So what I did here is I placed the clip on on both ends of door rocker and dapped on fingernail paint so that it would mark it on the door where the holes need to be drilled, once done I marked individual lines, remove rocker, use tape to mark out lines, measure down rocker lip and apply to door and started drilling, applied silicone and attached clips and install door rocker.
    Same method was used on rear filler to mark where hole should be drilled by using fingernail paint and up front too. Up front, although it does have clips to the fender, I did not use them. The lip that goes into the fender well trim is what is holding it there and the bolt that goes thru to filler. The rears have the same lip attached to rear fender well trim and partial clips ( they always break when removing them) along the quarter to flush it up against body and rear bolt thru filler. Now it looks good with the extra bling....
    Usually they sell sets of the 80-85 rockers on layitlow but they are pricey...I got mine really really cheap....

CADIBLAC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 77, 78, 79 CDV's, 79 Sevlle Eleg, 90 & 91 Brghm d'Eleg's

Quote Originally Posted by 1980coupe View Post
    You are right, the regular 80 coupe, like mine, does not have any of the studs that hold on the clips for the trim. So when I got my trim I removed all of the clips to be used later. When I placed them on my car, I first bolted the inner lip of the long rocker that you see when you open the door on both sides 3 self tapping screws, then the bottom 7mm screws that bolt into same spot as the regular "skinny" rocker. Then I used tape to tape the front and rear of the rocker to the body and used a pencil to mark individual lines above the rocker and then removed the entire rocker again. Used same tape again to go across the marked pencil lines as a guide. If you look behind the rocker, there's a lip that folds; this is what clips to the clips and I measured this down from the rocker and transfered it to the body. Did this to both sides, drilled the holes with the self tapping screws but I dapped on weather proof silicone to prevent rust. Installed 2 clips to front and 2 to the rear of rocker and then hanged on rocker. For the door that was tricky, you got to know where to drill the holes for the bolt to go thru the door at the ends. So what I did here is I placed the clip on on both ends of door rocker and dapped on fingernail paint so that it would mark it on the door where the holes need to be drilled, once done I marked individual lines, remove rocker, use tape to mark out lines, measure down rocker lip and apply to door and started drilling, applied silicone and attached clips and install door rocker.
    Same method was used on rear filler to mark where hole should be drilled by using fingernail paint and up front too. Up front, although it does have clips to the fender, I did not use them. The lip that goes into the fender well trim is what is holding it there and the bolt that goes thru to filler. The rears have the same lip attached to rear fender well trim and partial clips ( they always break when removing them) along the quarter to flush it up against body and rear bolt thru filler. Now it looks good with the extra bling....
    Usually they sell sets of the 80-85 rockers on layitlow but they are pricey...I got mine really really cheap....
    Thanks so much ... I know others who have done this ... some did it your way while others went the Two-Way-Tape route ... I "rolled my eyes" when they said Two-Way-Tape and thought, OMG what a crappy way of doing it ... but then I saw the job they did and I have to admit that I was impressed with the finished product.

I'm thinking of adding this '80-'85 Fleetwood Coupe trim to a '79 Coupe ... I know that I definitely need the "1-year only" 1979 Fleetwood (4-door) lower rear quarter pieces as the '80-'85 Fleetwood Coupe pieces will not fit correctly ... my area of concern, or question, is to whether the '80-'85 Fleetwood Coupe trim, between the wheels (rocker and door trim), will fit or not, on a '77-'79 Coupe.

1980coupe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 78 CDV, 79 CDV delegance, 80 CDV, 80 FWB 2dr delegance (rip)

Quote Originally Posted by CADIBLAC View Post
    Thanks so much ... I know others who have done this ... some did it your way while others went the Two-Way-Tape route ... I "rolled my eyes" when they said Two-Way-Tape and thought, OMG what a crappy way of doing it ... but then I saw the job they did and I have to admit that I was impressed with the finished product.

I'm thinking of adding this '80-'85 Fleetwood Coupe trim to a '79 Coupe ... I know that I definitely need the "1-year only" 1979 Fleetwood (4-door) lower rear quarter pieces as the '80-'85 Fleetwood Coupe pieces will not fit correctly ... my area of concern, or question, is to whether the '80-'85 Fleetwood Coupe trim, between the wheels (rocker and door trim), will fit or not, on a '77-'79 Coupe.
    It will fit because the Fleetwood trim I got was on a 79 Cadillac Coupe and had the rear trim off of the 80-85. It will all fit and besides the rear trim from 80-85 looks better than the ones used for those years on the Fleetwood models.
    Here is a pic of the car from the trim

Double sided tape? In time that will fall apart...It's best to do the method I did...do it right the first time...

alexgrig is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94' Fleetwood Brougham

WANTED !!!
    If somebody can ships to Ukraine some of parts it will be good!
    Fleetwood Brougham 1994 LT1.

Request for
    1-rear bumper guards-both side, ONLY in good condition
    2-front license plate, original for Fleetwood
    3-AC Delco radio for 94, original only with CD!!! in good WORKING condition.

Thanks

96LT1 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

BigCadMan_1 - Still have the black steering wheel?

OscarNL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Brougham 5.7

Hi guys, I'm in great need of a part ... for my 1991 Brougham.
    A door lock latch (I'm not sure if this is the right word for the part) for my driver's door. It won't open anymore, this part isn't available anywhere in Europe! I have Paypal, if anyone has this and could sent it to The Netherlands that would be great!
    The lock works, power lock too, the handle is connected too, it just won't open because the mechanism is broken. I opened it once, but it's not okay for normal use.

j2rossit is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 FW Brougham, 68 Buick Wildcat Convertible 455 4bbl

Quote Originally Posted by OscarNL View Post
    Hi guys, I'm in great need of a part ... for my 1991 Brougham.
    A door lock latch (I'm not sure if this is the right word for the part) for my driver's door. It won't open anymore, this part isn't available anywhere in Europe! I have Paypal, if anyone has this and could sent it to The Netherlands that would be great!
    The lock works, power lock too, the handle is connected too, it just won't open because the mechanism is broken. I opened it once, but it's not okay for normal use.
    Have you taken everything apart and re-greased all the pivot points? This is a common problem I've seen in that era GM's when the grease from the factory dries out.

OscarNL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Brougham 5.7

Haven't tried that yet, but as far as I could see trough the gap of the window and the door it looks pretty broken .. will try that as soon as I work on it again (it's in storage) but if anyone has this part .. please let me know

sven914 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by OscarNL View Post
    Haven't tried that yet, but as far as I could see trough the gap of the window and the door it looks pretty broken .. will try that as soon as I work on it again (it's in storage) but if anyone has this part .. please let me know
    Spray it down the entire inside mechanism with silicone grease. My doors did the same thing and what's happening is the door handle mechanism is getting caught in the open position, so it's like you're trying to unlock the door while someone is pulling the handle.

I ended up installing a spring in the passenger door, to help release the door handle. I keep the driver's door well lubed, but sometimes it sticks and I have to lock and unlock it a few times (with the key) before it will open. I notice the door sticks more when I unlock it with the power lock button, so if you have keyless entry or unlock the doors from the passenger side, you may want to try using the key with the driver's door.

BigCadMan_1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Eldorado 4.9

Quote Originally Posted by 96LT1 View Post
    BigCadMan_1 - Still have the black steering wheel?
    Yes.

96LT1 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood

^ How much shipped to 13795? Thanks

BigCadMan_1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Eldorado 4.9

$5.00 for the steering wheel & $22.57 for shipping. Total $27.57. Payment via Paypal. If you pay me today I will ship Friday.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Anyone know a source for outside miirors (manual remote) for 84 Deville?

j2rossit is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 85 FW Brougham, 68 Buick Wildcat Convertible 455 4bbl

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    You can find them at wreckers (There's a set at one near me). Where are you?

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by SC2150
    Junkyards. They're pretty common cars in the yards here

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.